Pee-wee's Playhouse reruns will return to Network TV.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Pee-wee's Playhouse reruns will return to Network TV.

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:57 pm

The Emmy Award-winning show will get new life on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim lineup, which will air all 45 original episodes beginning July 10, company officials announced Monday.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby beau99 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:02 pm

And the people on Toon Zone are praising a decision, for once.
beau99

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:03 pm

Wow... I have the vaugist memory of that show and his talking furnature! I do remember the movie with his missing bike though...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:08 pm

Not only does the show contain cartoons (The King of Cartoons!), it is cartoony in nature. I applaud this decision.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:10 pm

Another reason to stock up on anime DVDs.
mitsuki lover

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:14 pm

Umn... this show... scares me... some shows that were For Kids in the day now just freak me out.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Tommy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:39 pm

Yeah, um, the movie owned the show (Big Adventure) and a kid's show is airing on Adult's Swim.

What's next?

Saved by the Bell?

XD XD XD XD XD........O-O
Tommy

Postby beau99 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:53 pm

meh... at least I get to see Phil Hartman on TV again.
beau99

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Well, so far this year. The two week run of Saved by the Bell was one of the most rated time slot for AS this year.

And there are been a word or two that AS maybe leaving CN, but that is a maybe.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:39 pm

It sounds to me like AS is trying to appeal to the sense of nostalgia that many of their viewers have. At least this sort of fits on Cartoon Network (unlike Saved By the Bell). I'd watch this on TV if I had cable.

This is kind of offtopic, but I've heard that CN is launching another network called "Cartoon Cartoon Network". I don't know how true that is.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:14 pm

peewee is back........*runs and hides*
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ashfire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Makes me wonder if Peewee Herman would come back to TV and do somemore shows with a new cast. I know his show was canceled because of his arrest for very bad behavior in a movie theater.
ashfire

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:58 am

Yeah, that's probably why it's on AS instead of when kids can watch.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:56 am

Then again considering what kind of perv Pee Wee's alter ego was it kinda goes nicely with some of the perverted cartoons they show on AS.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:57 am

I don't want AS to leave...because all the anime will go too....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Kumagoro » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:27 am

I'm really excited about it. I used to love this show as a little kid, and it's going to be the only show on Adult Swim outside of Aqua Teen hunger Force I'll be paying close attention to, since I'm not big on any of the anime they're airing. If my memory serves me right, I remember likeing the part where they'd have a "secret word", and whenever anyone said it all the furnature would come to life and scream. The part where they'd roll a giant foil ball out of the closest and slap a new piece on it every time someone ate a piece of gum was another part I liked. :lol:
Kumagoro

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:46 am

Yeah, and they also had a rubber band ball at one point. That foil ball got pretty big by show's end. It was probably as big as his house itself.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby creed4 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 am

I not sure about this
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Tommy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:39 am

Wingzero22 wrote:And there are been a word or two that AS maybe leaving CN, but that is a maybe.

Wingzero22

If that happens I will never watch a show on CN again unless Toonami gets some new good shows. For example, I was hoping Toonami would get Bleach as they got Naruto.

Eh, whatever.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Seppuku » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:44 am

^ - ^ this show can be quite hillarious. im glad it will be airing again.

[Quote]If that happens I will never watch a show on CN again unless Toonami gets some new good shows. For example, I was hoping Toonami would get Bleach as they got Naruto.

AS is getting bleach btw

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:06 am

This is at least slightly more appropriate than Saved By the Bell... I mean, Pee Wee's playhouse is like 10 levels of subversion, so it would fit adult swim, and as people said, there are cartoons and he is very cartoony... Still, they shouldn't have had live action shows on there to begin with...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:48 am

Wingzero22 wrote:The Emmy Award-winning show will get new life on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim lineup, which will air all 45 original episodes beginning July 10, company officials announced Monday.

Wingzero22

Oh good heavens... :shady:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby AnubisWerewolf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:37 pm

Ugh...why are they bringing the garbage back.....it was horrible when I saw it when I was a child.....I don't think that will change anything now with it coming back.
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success." -Moonbay from Zoids Chaotic Century
AnubisWerewolf

Postby Kumagoro » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Oh man, this is my new favorite show. I've been watching it excitedly every night since it started airing! It's brain-numbingly stupid, and I love it! :lol:
Kumagoro

Postby beau99 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:23 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Still, they shouldn't have had live action shows on there to begin with...

When [adult swim] first started, Williams Street never promised solely adult animation. They promised adult programming, period.
Kumagoro wrote:Oh man, this is my new favorite show. I've been watching it excitedly every night since it started airing! It's brain-numbingly stupid, and I love it! :lol:

Agreed, except for the "new favorite show" part.
beau99

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:35 pm

If only they would get Homestar Runner on Adult Swim.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:If only they would get Homestar Runner on Adult Swim.

Ditto to that. XD

Back to the topic, I uh...caught about 5 minutes of this last night. I...was kinda freaked out. XD First, it was one of those shows that was like a train wreck--that is, it's super disturbing, but you can't really look away. XD The only reason I stuck around for 5 minutes was because I was waiting for something to happen that would merit the "PG" rating. Then I realized I was losing brain cells. XD Seriously though...Why did they rate this show PG? O_o
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby oro! » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:20 pm

It's weirdness?

I can't stand it, personally. Stop filling needed anime slots with this...stuff that doesn't seem like it belongs...AT ALL!
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:46 pm

It belongs on Cartoon Network. Know why? Three words.

King. Of. Cartoons.

BOO-YAH.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby freerock1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:24 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Seriously though...Why did they rate this show PG? O_o

The only thing I can figure out is that some of the humor, while it was culturally acceptable* back in the day, comes off as pretty un-PC now. For example, in one episode Pee-Wee's "fat lady" neighbor was pursuing a chocolate cake.

In some other episodes, Pee-Wee would get letters that were supposed to be from kids in other countries. For example, one "kid" said he was from Japan and he knew kung fu. Automatically associating Japan and kung fu would probably be considered stereotyping and not make it on today's kids' shows. (Though someone over at TZ said that back in the day, that was considered an educational component of the show.)

(*not saying that culturally acceptable always = good. ;) )

Anyway, I actually watched quite a bit of last night's episode, and actually remembered it. It was the one where Pee Wee made himself invisible with his magic kit. As a kid, the situation seemed so much more desparate. :lol:
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Next

Return to General Entertainment