Non-anime cartoon conglomeration

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Non-anime cartoon conglomeration

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:34 pm

What cartoons (movies or series) did you guys like to watch when you were younger? What cartoons do you like to watch now? Post your favorites from the past to the present! ^_^ (The only condition is that you cannot mention anime on this thread. ^_~ )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Saint » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:07 pm

i guess you mean no japanese animations, yes?

Well when i was young i loved Scooby-doo.
Nowadays i find myself enjoying Courage the cowardly dog, Dexter's lab and X-men.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby andyroo » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:15 pm

I used to love every single one of them. Not a toon I used to hate or have any dislike or disinterest in. Today... Scooby-doo, Courage, Dexter, "Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy", Aqua Teen Hunger Force, um, gah, rrr, can't think of any. David and the Knome! But that was when I didn't care if anything was any good or not. That's it, I guess.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:20 pm

I watch the old TMNT series
Solid Ronin

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:06 pm

i dont really remember what cartoons i used to watch when i was little. now the non-anime ones i watch though are dexter (ocassionally), time squad, and ed, edd, and eddy.
Mr. Rogers

Postby GeoChansey » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:38 pm

Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century is probably the best cartoon evar. That, Pro-Stars, COPS, and Super Mario Brothers are close.
GeoChansey

Postby Technomancer » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:12 am

Depends on how old I was but:

Dunderklumpen
The Secret of NIMH
The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit

Tales of the Green Forest
I Used to watch the old TMNT series and Transformers as well. Scooby Doo, and Ghostbusters.

These days, I like NFB shorts. The MAXX was pretty cool when it was on. Wallace and Grommit, and Undergrads (sporadically). I don't really watch that much television anymore.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:24 am

Grew up on Looney Toons mostly on Saturday morning.

I guess I would have to say my favorite right now would be Angry Beavers.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:26 am

Two syllables: Batman.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby madphilb » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:40 am

I watched most anything that was around in the mid-late 70's.... lots of Loony Toons, Scooby Doo, bunch of the retro stuff they show on Cartoon Network, He-Man, Thunder Cats, etc.

In more recent years I enjoy alot of the WB stuff (which makes up most animated series)... Batman, Batman Beyond (that show rocked), X-Men as well as the new X-Men: Evolution....

Ren and Stimpy fits in there somewhere, on my more demented side :sweat:

Currently I'd say that Static Shock, X-Men: Evolution, and Teen Titans (which is animeish in it's design) are on the top of my "favoriates" list, though I've not kept up with them (The WB doesn't come in well... thouth I've got it tuned in pretty well this morning,..... winds must be blowing "just right" or something).

When I had cable I'd watch Dexter's Lab and Power Puff Girls as well as Ed, Edd, and Eddie (almost as messed up as Ren & Stimpy *jooyeeee* )
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:50 am

Wow...only two other people watched Looney Tunes when they were kids. That is surprising. I watched a lot of those, in addition to TMNT, Captain Planet, Swamp Thing, X-Men (the classic series), Fantastic Four (Newer and classic), Iron Man, Ren and Stimpy, Thundercats, Batman: The Animated Series, Mutant League Sports, Eeek! The Cat, and probably a few others. Ironically, my parents wouldn't let me watch the Simpsons, but they were fine with all of this stuff.

Today, I don't really watch any non-anime cartoons, although I occasionally watch Family Guy, Futurama, the Simpsons, and several of the other short Adult Swim comedy cartoons.
cbwing0

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:19 am

Okay now you're j
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:23 am

That reminded me of some more that I watched from you list. However, some of those things that you list are not cartoons, but live-action shows:

All That
Power Rangers
Lamp Chops
Mr.Roger's Neighborhood
Barney
Eerie Indiana
Ghost Writer
Are You Afraid of the Dark
Goosebumps
Hanging With Mr.Cooper

While we're at it, we might as well start a Nickelodeon thread. Those were some classic shows...
cbwing0

Postby madphilb » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:31 am

cbwing0 wrote:While we're at it, we might as well start a Nickelodeon thread. Those were some classic shows...

YCDTOTV Classic stuff (and I bet most of the kids watching Nick now don't have a clue where the Green Slime came from). But like you said, that's for another thread ;)
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Saint » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:07 pm

yes!! Volt reminded me. i loved Duck Tails and Dark Wing Duck. just too good. :)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:32 pm

Saturday mornings for me were all about two shows: X-Men and The Tick. None better.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:16 pm

I cant believe I for got about Transformers and Mr. Rogers

OFF TOPIC: SHORYUKEN THIS IS MY 500th POST
Solid Ronin

Postby Locke » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:30 pm

congrats

yeah u cant forget bout those two

i dont wanna write

everything that was educational and funny (sound like BIll Nye?)
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:26 pm

Hoo boy...

I... am a cartoon freak. Animated things... were something I failed to "grow out of". Instead.. my cartoon-love evolved into an anime obession, but I still love SO MANY North American-produced cartoons.

Some of my favorite movies:

"The Last Unicorn" - (it was drawn by anime artists, but was produced for North America, so... I don't think it can be classifed as anime. I read the book in high school after loving the movie since I was a little kid. I still love it. I think this is my favorite movie of all time, in fact).

"The Secret of NIMH" (which made me read the books when I was in 5th grade... wonderful books, too)

"The Lion King"

The "Toy Story" movies

"Finding Nemo"

"Treasure Planet"

"Titan A.E."

Favorite cartoon series of past and present...

"She-Ra: Princess of Power" (It was a spinoff of He-Man back in the mid-80s. I was a She-Ra FREAK as a kid... total freak. I still have some of my old She-Ra stuff...)

"Thundercats"... (I haven't seen it since I was about 7 or 8... but I remember liking it).

Looney Tunes (But, of course! I love Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck...)

"Ducktales"! (Oh, man... I have so many fond memories of this cartoon! I don't get Toon Disney, so I don't get to see it now... I miss it so much... Such a great cartoon... I wanted to swim in Scrooge McDuck's money-vault. Oh! And I loved Launchpad and Gizmoduck... )

"Darkwing Duck"

"Garfield and Friends"

"The Tick"...

"X-Men"

"Captain Planet"

"Santo Bugito"

"Pirates of Dark Water"

"Eek, the Cat!" (Oh... this is another one I miss with a passion. It was so demented... )

"Tiny Toon Adventures"

"Animaniacs" (I watched "Wakko's Wish" again on TV a couple of weeks ago. Made me miss this cartoon so much. I do miss it!)

"Pinky and the Brain".

"The Simpsons" (was a fan since it was on the old Tracy Ulman show..when I was like.. 9, 10)

"Futurama"

"Powerpuff Girls"

"Dexter's Laboratory"

"Spongebob Squarepants" (Yes, I'm a Spongebob fan. Stop laughing).

"Invader ZIM" (Also very demented)

"The Fairly Odd Parents"

"Ed, Edd, and Eddy"...

All kinds of cartoons... just.. so many I don't list them all...
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:28 pm

Let's see:

Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood (though not a cartoon)
Duck Tales
DarkWing Duck
Transformers
GI Joe
Smurfs

I guess that's all the important ones I can remember.
Oh, and Shadsie, Secret of NIMH was one of my favorites as well.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Technomancer » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:27 pm

Ack! How could I have forgotten The Last Unicorn, or Looney Tunes? Count Duckula was pretty cool too. Also The Racoons

I'm surprised anyone besides myself knows the show "You Can't Do That on Television" (seeing as it was Canadian and all, shot in Ottawa).
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Haibane Shadsie wrote:Hoo boy...

I... am a cartoon freak. Animated things... were something I failed to "grow out of". Instead.. my cartoon-love evolved into an anime obession, but I still love SO MANY North American-produced cartoons.
My mom said once that one can never be too old to enjoy a good cartoon. I don't think I'll ever grow out of it.

One of my very favorites from my childhood, that has yet to be mentioned, is the Care Bears. But that's just one; I enjoyed Muppet Babies, the Smurfs, Looney Tunes, and so many short-lived others that I can't think of now. (Incidentally, I've kind of become a Spongebob Squarepants fan myself, since it just happens to be on every day before Hamtaro. My mom just likes the music at the end credits.)

Okay, I'll let you guys mention anime in passing if you like since I kind of broke my own rule there. ^_~

Man, if Keely knew I started this thread in here I bet she'd be posting her heart out about Secret of NIMH... :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:44 pm

When I was little I watched:
Care Bears
Rainbow Brite
Strawberry Shortcake
Lady Lovley Locks
Glowworms
Looney Tunes
*sniff* ahhh memories . . . .

Now days I watch:
X-Men: Evolution
Teen Titans
Ed, Edd, Eddy
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby lobsterbucket » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:56 pm

old TMNT, inspector gadget, x-men, batman, Garfield and Friends

Now: Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Batman, Weekenders, Daria, Invader Zim
lobsterbucket

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:15 pm

Oh yea . . . .
Garfiled
Heathcliff
Duck Tales
Chip and Dale
Darkwing Duck
Tale Spin
Secret of Nimh
Last Unicorn
She Ra
Kisa

Postby Technomancer » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:47 pm

Not exactly cartoon (although Nelvana has an animated version), but does anyone else remember watching the old Pippi Longstocking movies, dubbed from Swedish into English?

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Mave » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:58 pm

woohoo childhood memories...I watched loads but I'll share my favourites.

My Little Pony
Wildfire
MASK
Captain Planet
She-Ra
Jem
Gummy Bears
Pirates of Dark Waters
Dungeons and Dragons
Thundercats

Secret of NIMH was awesome!

I hardly watch any cartoons now....except for Kim Possible. hehe
Mave

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:36 am

Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Garfield, The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Chip and Dale, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, X-men, Spider-man, Tick, and one that hasn't been listed yet (for shame) Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else remeber the shortlived Jackson 5 cartoon?
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:49 am

Oh yeah! How could I forget My Little Pony! I used to have every single doll of it too!
^_^
Kisa

Postby AnimePriest » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:02 am

When I was younger I used to love Darkwing Duck and X-Men and the Ninja Turtles Series. Now I still love Ninja Turtles, I really like Ed, Edd, and Eddy and Dexter's Lab. And most of all I LOVE X-Men, I study X-Men I know almost everything about it, I am a complete X-Men Geek/Freak. :hits_self
Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you

Do you ever wanna run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room?
With the radio on turned up so loud
That no one hears you screaming

No you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what it's like to be like me

To be hurt