Big Bird in Japan

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Big Bird in Japan

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Has anyone seen this? I think this was my first exposure to Japan as a child. It's so incredibly cute... I'm watching it now, and it's pretty funny still... Maybe it's just nostalgia in the ultimate sense, but I love this movie.

It was part of a collection, I believe... There was also Big Bird in China and Big Bird goes to the Museum

This was from Sesame Street's golden years, before Elmo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Yes the golden days before Elmo, or Telly or Forgetful Jones... heck, I remember when Mr Hooper was alive on the show, running the store
Arnobius

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:01 pm

Aww, I never saw that one, but I did see Follow that Bird! That holds some memories, right there. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:29 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Aww, I never saw that one, but I did see Follow that Bird! That holds some memories, right there. XD

YES! I miss that movie... seriously, I would SO watch it again for "blue bird" nostalgia^^

Are the trips to China/Japan movies too or just specials?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:14 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Yes the golden days before Elmo, or Telly or Forgetful Jones... heck, I remember when Mr Hooper was alive on the show, running the store

Old fogey.

OK, that does it, this one's going on my Amazon Wish List. I'd like to see how that overgrown parakeet fits into one of those cramped JR train cars during rush hour...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:29 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Aww, I never saw that one, but I did see Follow that Bird! That holds some memories, right there. XD

That was a great one. Wouldn't mind reacquiring it now

ClosetOtaku wrote:Old fogey.

Heck, I was around for "Electric Company" too... SNL for kids
Arnobius

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:30 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Heck, I was around for "Electric Company" too... SNL for kids

I remember Electric Company too...does that make me old? o.o;;

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:38 pm

[quote="kaemmerite"]I remember Electric Company too...does that make me old? o.o]
Dunno... how late did it run? I was watching it in the 70's when Cosby and Morgan freeman and Rita Moreno were doing it. Not sure how long it ran or how long the reruns lasted
Arnobius

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Oh, I don't remember much about it. Mostly that pinball song that taught me how to count to twelve. That song is stuck in my head for all eternity.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:10 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Oh, I don't remember much about it. Mostly that pinball song that taught me how to count to twelve. That song is stuck in my head for all eternity.

Arrgh... why did you have to remind me... but wasn't that Sesame street? Electric Company did words
Arnobius

Postby Lynx » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:24 pm

I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT MOVIE! it was awesome! big bird ate sushi! i also remember that song... "one two three is ichi ni san!"
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:21 pm

I have to admit, though, the "dumbed down" portions (due to it being educational) did sorta stand out to me now that I know a little Japanese... I'm like "Why are all these people being so familiar with Big Bird?" but I had to remind myself it's an educational movie for 4 year olds. Hahaha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby righteous_slave » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:17 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Arrgh... why did you have to remind me... but wasn't that Sesame street? Electric Company did words

Yes, that was Sesame Street, with the freaky, 70's trippy pinball machines. That was one of my favorite parts of the whole darn show. As I got older though, I really began to wonder about the inspriation for those things.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby MomoAdachi » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:59 pm

I looooove Sesame Street, and Big Bird in Japan is one of my fave specials that the show did.
MomoAdachi

Return to General Entertainment