new theatre technology at least

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

new theatre technology at least

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Involving the new Battle Angel Alite live-action movie from ANN:

"The February 24 issue of Entertainment Weekly has an article on the next two James Cameron projects. The deal with Twentieth Century Fox was to do both projects, so that one wouldn't be done without the other.

"We couldn't do one unless we do both," says Cameron. "They use the same technology."

The technology that Cameron is speaking of is a brand-new high-definition 3-D. Cameron hopes to have at least 1,000 theaters capable of showing HD-3D by the time the movies are released, but fans shouldn't worry because there will be standard 2-D prints made.

According to the article Battle Angel is slated for a 2009 release.

Thanks to Nicholas Bashour for this item."

Ok, so any guesses on what this new technology is? I was always wondering when the movie technology will pick up and become even more realisitc... so I'm only assuming that this'll be like a full-colour 3-D movie without the red-blue glasses? I'm hopign so cause that would be so exciting^^ Goodbye 2-D!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:11 pm

What!? I heard only a year or two ago that MIT and another lab had 3-D equiptment, but it was deployable on only a small scale and required REALLY expensive equiptment with no easy solution in sight. The idea that they have overcome these barriers and will be deploying 3D tech to theaters seems unreal. Upon searching, I found a New York Times article discussing this, but it still seems unreal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/arts/television/03kran.html?ex=1278043200&en=b586bcf9fd2d2fd3&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:38 pm

Hmmm the one thing I think about with the whole 3-Dness, is that wouldn't you almost have to sit at a certain spot to see it? Like straight ahead because if you were at the side of the TV or whatever, the imaging wouldn't work?

May seem unreal now though, but with all these new technologies like those video stamps, somehow I'm not surprisd :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:39 pm

They claimed that you can see it at any angle, which seems odd to me, but that's what is claimed. And what are video stamps?
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:50 am

Puritan wrote:They claimed that you can see it at any angle, which seems odd to me, but that's what is claimed. And what are video stamps?

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=30865

^ The special stamps.
Yeah I only browsed through the article you linked, but to see it at ANY angle sounds like quite a feat to try and create!
Tenshi no Ai

Return to General Entertainment