Dead or Alive movie trailer

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:20 pm

Knives wrote:One good video game movie? What movie is that? I have never seen or heard of a good video game movie!

Took the words out of my mouth. XD

Though I'm assuming he's talking about Doom, which I can't comment on because I haven't seen it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Knives » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:45 pm

Well, I looked at what critics said and overall I got the impression that it was tolerable or average at best.
Knives

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:47 pm

Well of course, critics didn't like Doom (and neither did the majority of the public), but apparently he liked it, which is why I'm assuming that is the one to which he was referring.

Nate

Postby Knives » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:49 pm

Oh, :hits_self Stupid me...
Knives

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:55 pm

Well of course, critics didn't like Doom (and neither did the majority of the public), but apparently he liked it, which is why I'm assuming that is the one to which he was referring.

Bah, I neither saw it nor would have liked it if I had. It did do rather well, though...correct? And I can think of no other reason for all these gaming movies: Halo, Zelda, DoA, Rayne...
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Knives » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:58 pm

Good gosh, A Zelda movie...:sob:
Knives

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:35 pm

DoA was Doomed from the start.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby heero yuy 95 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:32 pm

Errrr...? Was that preview real, or was it some kind of joke? I didn't know whether I should take it seriously or burst into laughter. Man, this is sad. They think they can make a horrible movie and give the it the name of some game franchise that it's not really even related to. And as stated before, the characters didn't even look like they did in the game. At least they gave Ayami purple hair. :eyeroll:
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

"why throw away your life so recklessly!"
"that's a question you should be asking yourself, megatron."
-transformers the movie

http://starfoxman.deviantart.com/

^ My Manga!!! Check it out!
heero yuy 95

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:13 pm

It's Ayane.;)

And I thought Doom was a decent action movie. It deffinetly had some good moments besides the awesome first person scene. Still had some cheese dialogue and some bad acting on some parts.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:03 pm

Looks like a rip off of Kill Bill and Charlie's Angels and then slapping the characters names and title on it.

Looks like a bomb.
Hitokiri

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:04 pm

Ok, Comic book movies, for the most part, suck. Then there is X-men... And Spiderman... And Batman Begins... I think something like Mortal Kombat was the "Tim Burton's Batman" of Video game movies. It was good kitch fun. Uwe Boll is more like the "Plan 9 from outer space" of video game movies...

Just because it's based on a video game doesn't automatically mean a movie has to suck. It usually does because the creators don't respect the origins. They just want to cash in on the success of

I'm looking forward to Halo and Silent Hill. If Boll gets his hands on MG, I'll send a highly trained squad of assassin monkeys to [spoiler=eew warning]pull his eyes out and eat his brain through his sockets.[/spoiler]

Peter Jackson is doing Halo, and Christophe Gans is doing SH... They have potential. I disagree with Gans/Avary's interpretation of Silent Hill, and I hate the X-box (oh, sorry, non sequitur) but they have potential to be something great. There is a lot to work with in both series to make an excelent movie, or several.

Hmm... I think instead of him getting the rights to movies, he should be given "secondary" rights... So, games like Metal Gear that could have GOOD movies made about them will get the good movies made, but Boll can also sell his own version with his own funding...

In stores, his version would have to be marked Like so:

MeUWEtal GeBOLLar

So no one would pick up his version by accident.

Boll fans win because they get his ed wood like quality. Metal Gear fans with any amount of faith in the Video Game based movie (like me) could watch a real movie made after this game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby heero yuy 95 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:32 pm

It's Ayane.

Oh yeah, that's right. I own Dead or Alive 2, but I haven't played it in a while.

Looks like a rip off of Kill Bill and Charlie's Angels and then slapping the characters names and title on it.

Yeah, couldn't agree more.
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

-transformers the movie

heero yuy 95

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:36 pm

Honestly, I think they shouldn't have kept Ayane's hair purple. It just looks ridiculous on a real life person.

Nate

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:43 pm

*sigh* DOA is one of my favorite games, and this just looks terrible. I had hopes for it, since the guy who did the Transporter was supposed to be doing this, right? The Transporter was awesome... This just looks embaressing. They should have just made DOA into an anime instead...
TrigunX89

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:06 pm

If you mean Luc Besson, director of the excelent "Léon" and the first Transporter movie, no... He isn't on this at all.. it's a chinese director...

Even if it was Besson, he is sort of hit and miss...

Léon - Hit
Fifth Element - Miss

Ok, so the rest of his projects were sorta in the middle... Wasabi was ok. Transporter was ok... Nikita was ok. But, in my opinion, he has proven he can suck too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby heero yuy 95 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Hey, i know this may be a bit off-topic, but why are the later DOA games rated M? I have the second one, which is rated T, but the later ones are M. Why is this?

-transformers the movie

heero yuy 95

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:24 pm

Meh, because the ESRB is inconsistent. I wouldn't say any of them are particularly worse than the others. They like to push their boundaries with fanservice and skimpy outfits. At least every DOA game I've played has had some kind of undetailed partial nudity in it, even the Teen ones. I wouldn't say the later ones are really any worse. If you want any more info, feel free to PM me.

Oh, and IGN says that DOA is being directed by Corey Yuen, the guy who did the Transporter. Maybe this isn't correct... Maybe I'm just confused. I don't know, but check out this link http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/668/668473p1.html
TrigunX89

Postby Knives » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:42 am

heero yuy 95 wrote:Hey, i know this may be a bit off-topic, but why are the later DOA games rated M? I have the second one, which is rated T, but the later ones are M. Why is this?

All I know is that the bonus game packaged with DOA 3 has some undetailed nudity. That might be where it got the M rating, I don't know anything about DOA 4 though
Knives

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:03 pm

Knives wrote:All I know is that the bonus game packaged with DOA 3 has some undetailed nudity. That might be where it got the M rating, I don't know anything about DOA 4 though

Also, one of the end sequences for one of the girls features her in the shower... It shows butt-crack, though they've had that on T-rated games before (Lunar)

There is supposed to be a cheat in DOA3 that lets you [spoiler=age warning]Play as kasumi naked[/spoiler]. When those sorts of cheats are discovered, it always causes problems... Maybe they just avoided the potential problems with it and got an M rating to begin with.
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:22 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:There is supposed to be a cheat in DOA3 that lets you [spoiler=age warning]Play as kasumi naked[/spoiler].

False. It can only be done by hacking the game, it's not a cheat. And in fact, Namco threatened to sue any website or magazine that printed how to hack the game to do so. Apparently, the creator of the DOA characters is VERY much against having them treated like that.

Nate

Postby shooraijin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Odd, because there is a cheat in DOA2 that lets you see a modified opening sequence featuring just that very thing.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby TrigunX89 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:59 pm

That opening sequence is also in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate for Xbox. It's undetailed though. In Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, there is more undetailed nudity, plus a butt-crack. Amazingly, G4 (a cable network) has showed this over and over again on their Videogame Vixens commercial.
TrigunX89

Postby Kisa » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:34 am

DOA movie? What in the world.... what will they think of next....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:06 pm

"Coming soon, DOA Extreme Vollyball...starring Pamela Anderson!"

:eyeroll:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:23 pm

The DOA movie is actually said to have volleyball scenes. :eh:
TrigunX89

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:24 pm

That's what it looked like from the trailer, at least.

Nate

Postby CephasWhite » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:47 pm

Guess they think were expecting alot from this :eh:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby MPX42 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:24 pm

Concerning the trailer...0_0

I hope ANY video-game-based movie dosen't share the fate of DOA.
MPX42

Previous

Return to General Entertainment