Most overated movie ever...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Yokuo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:23 pm

kaemmerite wrote:I find it odd that you see that as overrated. Every review I've read of the movie trashed it, and I have found very few people who enjoy it. Thus, I don't quite see the basis for it being overrated (unless everyone you've met who's seen it thinks it's great, which is possible, just not the case for me).

Yep, that's the case.
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Postby Petite Soeur » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:47 pm

Titanic. I despised both Jack and Rose, and the only people I felt sorry for were the musicians, the mother telling her children a folktale, and the old couple. Molly Brown was a good character, though.
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Postby Yokuo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:58 pm

Never seen it, never will...
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Yokuo

Postby Maledicte » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:01 pm

Hidalgo. That movie was very, very clicheed. Particularly the ending, augh. I found it particularly predictable, and to add insult to the injury...LEONARD MALTIN gave it 3 1/2 stars. Yet another reason why I rarely consult his opinion until AFTER I have seen the movie in question.
Maledicte

Postby Crossdive » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:11 pm

Petite Soeur wrote:Titanic. I despised both Jack and Rose, and the only people I felt sorry for were the musicians, the mother telling her children a folktale, and the old couple. Molly Brown was a good character, though.

that's how I feel about it in all honesty, they both made total idiots of themselves. I have issues with the movies content (BEING THAT IT HAS NUDITY IT DESERVED AN R RATING, NOT PG-13!!), and in its own right as a whole it would be just ok, nothing special, the treated it like the movie of the century or something... sick, sick, sick...

Hidalgo was very predictable at times, and in an overall rating it was only 'good', not even near worth what they gave it, nothing I plan to ever buy, but I didn't mind seeing it.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:09 pm

Crossdive wrote:(BEING THAT IT HAS NUDITY IT DESERVED AN R RATING, NOT PG-13!!)

Incorrect. Nudity does not automatically warrant an R rating. Provided the nudity is not sexual in nature (which it was not in Titanic) or excessive, or below the waist, for lack of a better term, it is allowed to be shown in a PG-13 movie.

Despite your objections to the material, it was well within the limits of the rating.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Myoti » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:18 pm

Actually, I like all of those movies, and don't think any of them are overrated. Just trying to prove the point that if a movie is popular or considered good, it will be considered overrated.

Alot of people here better have seen this.

Just because you don't like a movie doesn't mean is "sucks". There's alot of movies I don't give a care about but others think it's the greatest and vice versa. Nearly everything is based on opinion, and I've some times seen "critics" to lean that way as well, judging on how they liked the film over the actual quality of it.
Myoti

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:39 pm

You guys still haven't gotten the definition of "overrated" down :lol:
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yokuo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:37 pm

Myoti wrote:Alot of people here better have seen this.

Just because you don't like a movie doesn't mean is "sucks". There's alot of movies I don't give a care about but others think it's the greatest and vice versa. Nearly everything is based on opinion, and I've some times seen "critics" to lean that way as well, judging on how they liked the film over the actual quality of it.

Yes, but we do have the freedom to express our feelings toward these movies.

ShiroiHikari wrote:You guys still haven't gotten the definition of "overrated" down :lol:

All we're going now is talking about movies we dont like. :lol: As to the word, overrated, Methinks you're right.

Yokuo

Postby Scribs » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:23 pm

I find it odd that you see that as overrated. Every review I've read of the movie trashed it, and I have found very few people who enjoy it. Thus, I don't quite see the basis for it being overrated (unless everyone you've met who's seen it thinks it's great, which is possible, just not the case for me).

I had not heard any bad reviews befor seeing it. All I had heard was that it was riotously funny. I commend any reviewer who gave it a low score. way to go.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Crossdive » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:52 am

kaemmerite wrote:Incorrect. Nudity does not automatically warrant an R rating. Provided the nudity is not sexual in nature (which it was not in Titanic) or excessive, or below the waist, for lack of a better term, it is allowed to be shown in a PG-13 movie.

Despite your objections to the material, it was well within the limits of the rating.

I suppose, but from where I stand that seems rather injust. That is just one of the countless things that says to me that the world's morals are flushing down the toilet more and more every day.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:24 pm

Well, wasn't the nudity in Titanic "below the waist" if I remember correctly? Even my sister remembers. They didn't hide anything.

But this is all beside the point of the thread.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:20 pm

No, Titanic didn't have lower body nudity, only a bit of upper body nudity. But that's enough. I don't want any.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Yokuo » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:27 pm

Crossdive wrote:I suppose, but from where I stand that seems rather injust. That is just one of the countless things that says to me that the world's morals are flushing down the toilet more and more every day.

*sigh* So true...

Yokuo

Postby Knives » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:01 pm

Well, I dont know if this is the most overrated movie ever, but I think its a pretty cruddy movie for all the glowing reviews it recieved. I am talking about Stanley Kubricks: Spartacus, sooo much filler, fake special effects and an "ok" storyline.
Knives

Postby Crossdive » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:52 pm

either way, nudity is nudity and we don't need any.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Previous

Return to General Entertainment