Tim Burton's "The Corpse Bride"

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Tim Burton's "The Corpse Bride"

Postby Sparrow Writer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:49 am

I saw the preview for this movie and thought it looked like it might be good. I'm not a raving Tim Burton fan, though I have seen a couple of his movies and liked them all. I admit though that I am mostly wanting to see it because of Johnny Depp. But that's not the whole reason! I promise!!

Does anyone else think that they might go see The Corspe Bride?
"Ah, look, Kouryuu...the birds are returning north. Can you see? ...Kouryuu. Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to...they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom...is having a home to return to."

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby bbboy21 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:51 am

For fans of "Nightmare" I'm sure plenty will go see it :D
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Sparrow Writer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:01 pm

I've never seen that, but I've heard about it...you have a point. And here I was, thinking about the rabid Johnny Depp fangirls. It's annoying to have them sitting around you and constantly sighing about hot he is. (I know I said I liked him, but I like him for his talent.) Hopefully, since this is an animated film, they won't be swarming the theater.
"Ah, look, Kouryuu...the birds are returning north. Can you see? ...Kouryuu. Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to...they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom...is having a home to return to."

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby bbboy21 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:09 pm

But then you have to deal with the goths and all them "Nightmare" fans as well :sweat:
bbboy21

Postby Sparrow Writer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:19 pm

My school is over-run with goths, so I think I can handle it.

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby bbboy21 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:47 pm

WEll then, I guess that matter is settled.
bbboy21

Postby sanitysux13 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:42 pm

#1, you probably won't have too much to worry about with the goths. They're too depressed to say much of anything (being a semi-goth myself, I can say this without throwing anything rotten at myself). #2, if you've seen the previews, Johnny Depp is far from his usual pretty boy self (i.e., he's made of clay). If they fall for him like that, they deserve to watch him give his affections to a corpse. #3, I'm going, and I'm wearing my Jack Skellington fishnet shirt just you two!! :-)
The Battles Over My Heart Moves On
I Kept My Mouth
While You Screamed And Cried
All The Lies, All The Lies
The Battle's Over
My Heart Moves On
Stood And Took The Arrows
That Cut Through My Heart
I Stood Alone I Stood Alone

You Broke Down All My Walls
I'll Build Them Up Again
The Battle's Over
Now My Heart Moves On
Today I Stand To Watch You Fall
Thats Just To Say I've Had Enough
Not Even You Can Stop Me Now
My Heart Moves On
Can't Stop Me Now
My Heart Moves On

-"The Closest Thing to Closure", Haste the Day
{In memory of a certain ex-best friend,
to whom I recently re-became friends with;
but it's still a cool song.}

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Emery: Why do you dress like that?
Me: Like what?
Emery: Well, you know, in all black with all those strappy things on your pants, like you're depressed.
Me: Cuz I like it. Why do you dress like that?
Emery: Like what?
Me: Like you're all preppy and happy looking.

You know, for a good little Christian boy, you're pretty evil.
-Dina (My boss)
sanitysux13

Postby yukinon » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:33 am

oi, not the shirt.... :eyeroll: ;)

I'm quite interested to see (hear?) Johnny Depp in a role that's purely voice-over. Has he done any voicework before this?
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Sparrow Writer » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:43 am

I dunno...I can't remember any, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

And sanitysux13, if I see someone in the theater wearing a Jack Skellington fishnet, I'll assume it's you and throw popcorn at the back of your head. (Then I'd get kicked out of the theater and that would stink.)

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby sanitysux13 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 pm

I don't live in Indiana. Nyaaa!!!
sanitysux13

Postby Uriah » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:35 pm

I will see it, without doubt.
The Nightmare Before Christmas was awesome, and this one looks really interesting.
Uriah

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:21 pm

I still haven't seen "nightmare" because I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid (I couldn't watch anything Halloween themed...) I should get it, and then see corpse bride. It looks interesting... It'll probably be more adult oriented than "Nightmare" though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:40 am

I haven't seen Nightmare, but I have seen 'Ed Wood' so this could be a very good movie.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:41 am

My mom wouldn't let me watch Nightmare either, Bob, and to this day I still haven't watched it, though I've been meaning to.

The preview of this looked really good and I'm hoping I can get someone to watch it with me. Brad didn't seem too keen on it and neither is my friend Melissa, so...might end up going by myself ;_;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Uriah » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:17 pm

Yea, my parents had ...misconceptions.. about TNMBC, like most other things...

Honestly though, it's actually a very spirtual movie (In a good way.). It really speaks to me.
Uriah

Postby Debitt » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:29 pm

I was scared of the Nightmare Before Christmas as a little kid, but having watched it over now that I'm older, I really enjoy it.

That being said, I'm anxious to see the Corpse Bride. The art style looks really interesting, and it looks like the classic twisted Tim Burton movie. I can't wait. ^_^

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Cinra » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:16 pm

My husband and I plan on seeing it. It looks better than the original and seems to have more story to it than the original. Look forward to when it comes out.
Cinra

Postby yukinon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:46 am

The original?
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Myoti » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:11 am

I saw it when I was little, but my mom didn't want us to watch it anymore for some reason. :/

I think I'll probably end up seeing it, and a friend from my church is a huge Jack Skellington fan.
Myoti

Postby SnowLeopard » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:18 am

I was lucky enough to be able to fly out to san diego for Comic-Con last weekend. The booth for Corpse Bride was one of my favorite ones. They had one of the animators there to talk about the movie. He was nice enough to show me and a lot of other people how he does his work. BTW the characters in this movie are not made of clay, but are more simular to action figures.

Here are the pictures I took.

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caa0476cf.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caa0594gx.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caa0609ho.jpg

The bald guy in the last picture is the animator.

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby Qwilek88 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:32 pm

It looks kinda creepy, but cool at the same time! I think I'll go see it! That is if I find someone to go with. Oh well!
Qwilek88

Postby Sonic_13 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:09 pm

My cousin's boyfriend was an extremely excellent animator. He worked a lot with claymation and computer graphics. He made a bunch of mini movies I wish I could share with you guys. But he is a huge tim burton fan, and has gotten me interested in seeing this (about 6 months ago :P )
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Postby yukinon » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:28 am

Wow, they must have had to make tons of those figures in order to get all the different expressions as well. Or maybe they had a different method for it?

I have just a little bit of animation geek hiding inside me, thanks to an old friend. :sweat:
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Maledicte » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:52 am

For expressions, usually they have interchangeable heads/face plates. At least they did in tNBC.
Maledicte

Postby sanitysux13 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:53 pm

I wish I had interchangeable heads. Maybe some that looked better.
sanitysux13

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:27 pm

Sparrow Writer wrote:I saw the preview for this movie and thought it looked like it might be good. I'm not a raving Tim Burton fan, though I have seen a couple of his movies and liked them all. I admit though that I am mostly wanting to see it because of Johnny Depp. But that's not the whole reason! I promise!!

Does anyone else think that they might go see The Corspe Bride?

I don't know why, but movies like this really weird me out. If don't know if it's the dark look of the film, or if it has to do with the fact that the Nightmare Before Christmas really scared me when I was a kid. Either way, I don't think there's going to be anything anyone can say or do to make me see this one. Closed minded? Yuss. Scared? Yuss.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby yukinon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:13 am

lol. We'll forgive you, mangafanatic.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Todeskreuz » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:06 pm

I can't wait to see it ^^ I'm a huge Burton fan and a huge Depp fan.... I loved TNBC and the trailers for it are utterly beautiful and very Burtonish ^^
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:12 pm

sanitysux13 wrote:I wish I had interchangeable heads. Maybe some that looked better.

ROFL. You're a riot, man.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Heart of Sword » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:46 pm

It looks good. It even got good Christian reviews, only a 1 out of 5 for occult.
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Next

Return to General Entertainment