You're not gonna believe this.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

You're not gonna believe this.

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:27 pm

As you may know, I live in Maryland. My dad is a golfing fan, so we went to the McDonald's LPGA Tournament today. We were halfway down the eighteenth.
Annika Sorenstam, the greatest female golfer today, hit me with her golf ball. It hurt. I didn't get to keep the golf ball, and I don't even know if the cameras got it yet, but that's definitely something, eh? XD;;
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Arnobius » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:57 am

[quote="AngelSakura"]As you may know, I live in Maryland. My dad is a golfing fan, so we went to the McDonald's LPGA Tournament today. We were halfway down the eighteenth.
Annika Sorenstam, the greatest female golfer today, hit me with her golf ball. It hurt. I didn't get to keep the golf ball, and I don't even know if the cameras got it yet, but that's definitely something, eh? XD]
Well, if the cameras got it, maybe you can claim permanent injury and get a settlement out of it... ;) j/k
Arnobius

Postby Alice » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:56 am

Let us know if you know when it will be playing on TV.
Alice

Postby Pent » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:33 am

I watch Sports Center alot and I would think they would show something like that if they got it on camara so you might get no credit at all. Man that's stupid.
Pent

Postby AngelSakura » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:18 am

o.o Well, I hope they don't show it, personally, because I'm really really shy and would hate to get all that attention. But you may see me in the crowd right up near the ropes on the eighteenth. I was wearing a blue T-shirt that said "Rose Hall" in white and brown capris. I was carrying a water bottle and fidgeting like there was no tomorrow, because I was bored out of my mind (I hate golf). Time to play "Where's Angel?" ^^
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Maybe you'll have a bruise to remember it by.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:14 am

Nope. No bruise yet. And if it hasn't appeared yet, it's probably not going to. XD
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby termyt » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:21 am

So, did Ms Sorenstam say anything to you? Or was she just mad because you got in the way of her drive?

Is hitting a member of the crowd a penalty?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:21 am

I am told she apologized, but it was noisy and everyone was pushing each other out of the way of the golf ball, so if she did, I didn't hear it. However, she was quite a ways away when she hit it, so she probably didn't realize she had hit someone.

o.o I have no idea. I think not, you just have to play through. XD
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Alice » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:39 am

I read this in the news today.

"Sorentstam wasn't perfect. ... And her record streak of 14 consecutive ronds under par ended with Sunday's round. She finished it by hitting her tee shot into the gallery, pitching back to the fairway and two-putting for bogey."

Could that be a reference?
Alice

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:39 pm

It most certainly could be, considering that was what occurred. ^^
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Rachel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 pm

You're famous! You could sell pictures of where she hit you on ebay! You could draw an arrow on your arm to the spot where it hit you.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Tommy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Golf Celebrities aren`t the most famous people in the world so eBay would`nt work as well as you would think.

I hope it didn`t hurt you that bad. It is awesome that happened to you. The coolest thing to me that ever happned with Golf didn`t hapen to me...it happneded to my 30-year-old friend. He versed Tiger Woods.
Tommy

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:17 pm

<<You're famous! You could sell pictures of where she hit you on ebay! You could draw an arrow on your arm to the spot where it hit you.>>
Don't think so. It hit me in the stomach. XD

<<Golf Celebrities aren`t the most famous people in the world so eBay would`nt work as well as you would think.>>
Well, they are to some. o.o

<<I hope it didn`t hurt you that bad. It is awesome that happened to you. The coolest thing to me that ever happned with Golf didn`t hapen to me...it happneded to my 30-year-old friend. He versed Tiger Woods.>>
I know! There were, like, a million people there, a hundred at least up the eighteenth alone, and she hit me?! And I used to live in England, so I got to see Tiger Woods at a tournament.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:34 pm

Rachel wrote:You're famous! You could sell pictures of where she hit you on ebay! You could draw an arrow on your arm to the spot where it hit you.

Or we could sell t-shirts that says, I got hit with a golf ball and all I got was this shirt and 20 sec of air time on Sportscenter!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ZiP » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:14 pm

I don't believe it! Show me proof and I still won't believe it! :D
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:46 am

It`s not that hard to believe ZiP unless you`re being sarcastic.....
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby VioletEyedCat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:49 am

termyt wrote:Is hitting a member of the crowd a penalty?

Actually, not at all. I was forced to watch the US Open with my Grandpa, and the guy who eventually won (I don't care enough to look up his name) hit a shot off the tee that actually was going to go in the rough, but it bounced off someone's head and went back in the middle of the fairway. The golfer dude was very lucky, the announcers said- it would've cost him a few shots otherwise. I'm listening to this and I'm thinking- what about the poor spectator!!! They (announcer guys) acted like it was nothing! Very sad.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby AngelSakura » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:44 pm

It appears that they're either not showing it, or they showed it and we missed it. No big deal. I'm mega shy, so it's probably better this way.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Scribs » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:34 pm

Golf balls can be dangerous. They can cause serious injury if they hit you in the right way. I work at a golf course, so I know. I nearly got hit by one on the 8 hole today.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kkun » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:36 pm

[quote="AngelSakura"]As you may know, I live in Maryland. My dad is a golfing fan, so we went to the McDonald's LPGA Tournament today. We were halfway down the eighteenth.
Annika Sorenstam, the greatest female golfer today, hit me with her golf ball. It hurt. I didn't get to keep the golf ball, and I don't even know if the cameras got it yet, but that's definitely something, eh? XD]

Good thing you didn't get a concussion or something, Angel-chan. o_o That's still really crazy, though. That's funny. >_> In a painful sort of way.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:20 pm

Wow!and people think golf is not a contact sport!
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment