NBA Playoffs

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

NBA Playoffs

Postby Stephen » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:41 pm

Admittedly I am not the biggest Basketball fan ever...but any playoffs are always fun to watch. Anyone keeping an eye on any teams? I admit I was never a Shaq fan when he was a Laker...but when I heard he was leaving..I started to root for him. I feel like he left a sure thing team to a team with no real promise...and the Heat have done well...So I will be rooting for Miami to take it all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/bracket

Looks like New Jersey is one game from the hole.
Stephen

Postby Saint Kevin » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:01 pm

Yep, keeping an eye on the Nuggets. Especially since I have tickets to Game 6 (if necessary). So pray that the Nuggets win another game, so that I can go to it next saturday.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby agasfas » Sun May 01, 2005 1:18 am

ep, keeping an eye on the Nuggets. Especially since I have tickets to Game 6 (if necessary). So pray that the Nuggets win another game, so that I can go to it next saturday.

I hope it doesn't go to game 6... I'm a huge Spurs fan :P

Anyways, I would really love to see SA Spurs and Miami in the finals. Though, it would also be cool to have both the Rockets and Spurs face each other too... but that's not likely.

The two teams I've never would have guessed to make the play-off have- both the Wizards and the Bulls. They've been so bad that past few years that I wouldn't have picked them...
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Yojimbo » Sun May 01, 2005 9:35 am

I had tickets to last nights Pacers/Celtics games and we lost terribly.... Good game though up to about um... the third quarter when we got within three of them with two back to back Reggie three's.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Sun May 01, 2005 6:11 pm

Cool beans, looks like the Heat are going on. I just want Shaq to do well now that he left the laker$$$$.
Stephen

Postby Pent » Mon May 02, 2005 4:50 am

Go Pistons!
Pent

Postby Tommy » Mon May 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Go Celtics.

I`m from Mass. obviosuly and I think it would be cool if my State won the World Series, Superbowl, and the NBA championships. Even so, 2/3 wouldn`t be bad. It would be 3/4 if the didn`t cancel the NHL.

Go Redsox, Pats, and Celtics (even though the Celtics aren`t my favorite, I just said i want them to win).
Tommy

Postby agasfas » Tue May 03, 2005 2:36 pm

Wow, SA Spurs won a really close game last night in overtime against the Nuggets. The series is now in the Spurs advantage 3-1; bring it on home. I haven't seen that much hard fouling in a while... Go Spurs!

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Stephen » Tue May 03, 2005 7:49 pm

I cannot belive how well the Heat are doing. Bar an unseen injury I think they can take it...
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun May 08, 2005 12:57 pm

Everyone seems to be overlooking the Sonics again.This could play to our
advantage. :thumb:
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Sun May 08, 2005 9:27 pm

Hey the Heat won tonight...I still can't get over how well there doing the first year with Shaq...now only if they can keep it up.
Stephen

Postby Yojimbo » Sat May 14, 2005 5:54 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Hey the Heat won tonight...I still can't get over how well there doing the first year with Shaq...now only if they can keep it up.

Yeah the Heat are doing a really good job. But once my Pacers knock the Pistons out and we play the Heat Eastern Conference is going to us.;)
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Sat May 14, 2005 8:05 pm

That remains to be seen. If Shaq does not play Indy has a chance. If Shaq plays...I think we know how this will end up.
Stephen

Postby agasfas » Mon May 16, 2005 12:02 am

I agree, if Shaq doesn't play, I don't believe they will be able to defeat either Indiana or Detroit.

It's so close I can't even say who will win the series between indiana or detroit.... For now my gut is saying Detroit.

Also, I can't believe the spurs lost another away game against Seatle. Dang! Well, with game 5 coming back to San Antonio I will say SAS will win the next game. Though, Duncan needs to work on his free throws, like now. Also, w/ how its going I wouldn't be surpised if it comes down to game 7 advantage SAS only because of home court. But hopefully the SAS will win the next game on Tuesday and put the danger in on game 6. *crosses fingers*

agasfas

Postby Stephen » Mon May 16, 2005 10:21 am

Actually...having seen how the other teams are playing...I think the Heat can win without Shaq. I think Wade is the man in the shadows right now...We will see...but don't be shocked if the Heat do 3 sweeps in a row...
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Mon May 16, 2005 12:40 pm

How are the Celtics doing? I haen`t watched basketball recently.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Pent » Mon May 16, 2005 1:52 pm

Arn't the celtics out? I hope Shaq stays out for at least a couple games against detroit, that is if detroit beats the Pacers, which I'm kind of thinking they will most likely. Heat vs. Pistons though would be very interesting with Shaq questionable. Yojimbo the Pistons are so gonna win!
Pent

Postby Tommy » Wed May 18, 2005 1:22 pm

The Celtics are out......So much for that Boston Victory Triangle.....

Well Two Sports out of three aren`t bad.

GO RED SOX!
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Pent » Wed May 18, 2005 3:19 pm

Tom your very lucky to get 2 sports out of 3. Maybe I'll get Pistons and Lions sometime. (Yeah right Lions can never win, they always blow it on the final play). Did you know 7 (I don't know if that number is exactly correct) out of the lions 10 losses where 7 points or less. And a lot of those where less. Alot of 1 and 2 pointers even!
Pent

Postby Tommy » Wed May 18, 2005 3:25 pm

it`s cool too because most of the Red Sox players are christians.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Pent » Wed May 18, 2005 3:38 pm

Wow. I didn't know that. I probably would if I lived in Boston, because you always know the cool stuff about your own team. My friends mom met and talked to for a pretty long time Rasheen Wallaces mother in the detroit airport. If I heard correctly they are christians. (I don't exactly hear correctly most of the time lol). Don't worry Tom We'll knock off the Pacers for you!
Pent

Postby Stephen » Wed May 18, 2005 6:28 pm

Then the Heat will help send all the teams home so they can hang out. ;)
Stephen

Postby Saint Kevin » Wed May 18, 2005 6:56 pm

Rasheed Wallace a christian huh? With all of the technicals that he gets, I wouldn't think so.

Thanks agasfas for rooting for the Spurs. I blame you for the Nuggets/Spurs series not going to 6 games, and me having tickets to a game that never happened. Thanks bro.

Pent wrote:Tom your very lucky to get 2 sports out of 3. Maybe I'll get Pistons and Lions sometime. (Yeah right Lions can never win, they always blow it on the final play). Did you know 7 (I don't know if that number is exactly correct) out of the lions 10 losses where 7 points or less. And a lot of those where less. Alot of 1 and 2 pointers even!

Yeah, bring on Jeff Garcia! I don't even know why anyone thinks highly of Joey Harrington. They should have given him the hook LONG ago. With the receivers the Lions have now, there is no excuse for them not making the playoffs, and if they still decide to start Harrington next season, then they are making a grave error.

Yep. I've got family in Detroit, and I even have a Ben Wallace jersey. So yeah. Go Pistons.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Pent » Thu May 19, 2005 2:19 pm

Yesssssssss! Fellow fans!!!!! I know Joey Harrington is one of the most hated athletes in all of Michigan sports. He is a Wuss! They better make the playoffs. You would never expect the people to be christians that actaully are (like T.O. for example).
Pent

Postby Tommy » Thu May 19, 2005 2:26 pm

Yo, Shatterheart. Isn`t Maine part of NE? Why do you like the Heats and not Celtics....or is Celtics just Mass..I`m not sure about Basketball teams....

Actually I don`t like the Celtics that much. I just wanted them to win.

Until Shaq left I liked The Lakers better. Now the closest person to a celebrity on the Lakers is Kobe whom I don`t like that much.
Did you know that Shaq made a rap album....heh..
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Stephen » Thu May 19, 2005 7:41 pm

I was born in Maryland. I have no loyality to Mass teams. I love the Raiders in football. The orioles in baseball...and I have no real BBall team. I only am rooting for the Heat because I liked that Shaq left the laker$ That, and I want them to see it was Shaq carrying the team not Kobe.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon May 23, 2005 7:04 pm

:(
We lost to the Spurs 4-2 so now no-one to root for.
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Wed May 25, 2005 10:49 pm

The Miami Detroit matchup is looking better then I figured. I might have underestimated the Pistons. Hopefully Miami can pull it out. Series is tied 1-1 now.
Stephen

Postby Pent » Mon May 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Here is how I figure the Miami Detroit series will go

Miami 2 so far

Detroit 1

Detroit gets game 4 (homecourt advantage which admitedly didn't work game 3 but I think Larry Brown is going to finnaly start to come up with an idea)

Miami gets game 5 (homecourt)

Detroit gets game 6 (homecourt)

Now it's 3-3 heading back to Miami

As for game 7 I can only pray for the Pistons. Anyways that is my prediction. It really stinks that Larry Brown is going to be leaving next season. Has anyone seen Dwayne Wade recently? Even if we lose he is fun to watch. My dads friend has offered us tickets to game 4 but we can't go. It's my older sisters graduation.
Pent

Postby Stephen » Mon May 30, 2005 8:21 pm

I can agree with that...but I figure Miami will pull it out somehow. As long as they can keep there players healthy and get Shaq back to 100%.
Stephen

Next

Return to General Entertainment