Wimbledon

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Wimbledon

Postby Ashley » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:33 pm

I can't believe there's not a thread on this already! My sister and I went to see it tonight....and oh my goodness, even if you're not a tennis fan this is one movie you need to go see! First off the cinematography was soooo good, they really did a lot of fantastic stuff. And the plot....wow, I was on the edge of my seat.

The only bad thing is that there were more than a few off-colo(u)red jokes, comments, scenes, etc.---while they never had the Neo-Trinity fiasco, they did have a few "morning after" scenes. It was rated PG-13, so I was rather shocked it had that much. Again, nothing incredibly gratuitous, but not the cleanest either.

Anyway, if you love Paul Bettany (and trust me, I sure do...he's close to tipping out Harrison Ford as favorite actor), tennis, or you just want to see a great movie of the Walk to Remember quality, check out Wimbledon. Anyone else seen it yet?
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:56 pm

Wimbledon huh.... I heard mixed reviews from critics and other people. SO i don't know where i stand on this one. The previews didn't look half bad in the theatre. Is this what most guys would consider a "chick flick?" Or is it more on the line of an average dramatic film. Dramatic in the sense of Forest Gump (i love that movie... :( ) ? Or in the sense of "the notebook?" Also, is it a movie mainly or geared for couples or singles?
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Ashley » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:16 pm

Probably considered a "chick flick", though the pressure and things that they incorporated into it made it at least in my opinion a decent sports movie too. It's not silly and mushy, like "You've Got Mail!" (and other notorious Meg Ryan movies of that genre), it's more along the lines of A Walk to Remember and from what I'v heard The Notebook. It's definately more romance than drama though, although there's a good bit of comedy and some sports drama to boot. I'm not sure if it's geared towards couples or singles, really...I mean, I enjoyed it and I've never been anything *but* single. :lol:
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:08 pm

gotcha, i know what you mean :cool:. I've never seen "A walk to remember," or "The notebook." So i guess i wouldn't have anyway to base my view on it. Though, I do like sport movies, perhaps i should look into this title. The only thing that deters me are the potential mushy scences. But I'm man enough to admit i've seen a chick flick (not by choice) and it wasn't too bad. I just can't remember the name. I guess I'll go do some research on this movie and read more reviews before i decide whether or not to see it. But hey, if Jackie Chan was in this movie I would be the first in line, i wouldn't care if it was a chick flick or anything :jump: .
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Return to General Entertainment