For the Old-School Nickelodeon Lovers!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

For the Old-School Nickelodeon Lovers!

Postby Nightshade X » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:35 pm

Hey everybody! I was on Gaia and I found a guild called the Nickelodeon nostalgia guild. It got me thinking about the shows I used to love. Shows like:

Salute Your Shorts
You Can't Do That On Television
Are You Afraid of the Dark
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Welcome Freshmen
Clarissa Explains It All
Doug
Rocko's Modern Life
Alex Mack
All That (the original)
Ahh!! Real Monsters!
Hey Dude!
Wild and Crazy Kids
GUTS
Ren and Stimpy
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Double Dare
Looney Tunes

...just to name a few. Do any of you guys remember these shows? Can you remember more?
Nightshade X

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:45 pm

what about animaniacks(spell?)
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Nightshade X » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:55 pm

ah! good one! ^_^
Nightshade X

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:57 pm

oh yah ya know it!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:57 pm

oo oo! pinky and the brain!!!!! i luvd that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c.t.,girl

Postby Nightshade X » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 am

:thumb:
Nightshade X

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 am

double!!

c.t.,girl

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:11 am

I know this isn't very old school Nick, but Angry Beavers and Invader Zim are both great cartoons.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:15 am

omg!!! i luv those!!!!!!!!! oh man you have just hit my luv o meter! those where my favs!!! those are my favs of favs!!

c.t.,girl

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:19 am

Oh yeah! Anybody remember 'The Tomorrow People?" I don't think anyone does, since it lasted maybe a season or so, but I remember I kinda liked it. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about it.

There were the Marc Summers shows too, like What Would You Do, and Double Dare. Guess that's all for now.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:22 am

ummm...no. oh ya know the chanel...um...nicktoons or sumthing like that, well they play angry beavers!!! but sadly i don't get that chanel. :waah!:

c.t.,girl

Postby Nightshade X » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:26 am

Saint Kevin wrote:Oh yeah! Anybody remember 'The Tomorrow People?" I don't think anyone does, since it lasted maybe a season or so, but I remember I kinda liked it. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about it.

There were the Marc Summers shows too, like What Would You Do, and Double Dare. Guess that's all for now.

Hey! I remember The Tomorrow People! I also remember What Would You Do!

Hey, keep em' comin', guys! This is fun!

EDIT: I just remembered one! A show called My Brother and Me. I think I was one of the only people I know that actually liked it.
Nightshade X

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:31 am

Oh yeah, I remember something they had that I absolutely hated. Bosco. Yeah, those B & W cartoons sucked.

Must...remember...more...

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:32 am

hey what about that one where a bully became a dog and he was the loser of the skool's pet. i don't remember what it was called but i liked that one!

c.t.,girl

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:36 am

Er, Action League Now, or was that a part of something else? Also, the show with Moira Quirk...the uh, competition thing, what was that called...oh, that was Guts, nm. Also, some new school Nick...CatDog.

Fav. skit on All That: Good Burger.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:40 am

Oh yeah, there was Nick News too. Now that I look back on it though, Linda Ellerbee is pretty liberal, after seeing her on some cable news programs. I guess you have to expect that from a Viacom network (MTV, cough, cough).

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Nightshade X » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:40 am

Good Burger was... good! The movie was good, too, but not as good as the skit. Remember Vital Information with Lori Beth Denberg? or Superdude?
Nightshade X

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:41 am

you're chicken! mooooooo! lol

c.t.,girl

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:42 am

or the library moments! "QUIET THIS IS A LIBRARY" LOL

c.t.,girl

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:44 am

In some ways, it doesn't surprise me that Keenan (or was it Kel) ended up on SNL, given the success of All That. Not that I watch SNL anymore...it's really gone downhill.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:45 am

moooooooooo! LOL

c.t.,girl

Postby Nightshade X » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:49 am

I just remembered one! David the Gnome!
Nightshade X

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:54 am

huh? i have a gnome. it's tiny and on our mantle, but it doesn't have a name.

c.t.,girl

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:02 am

mooooooooooo!! i luv that part!!

c.t.,girl

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:41 am

old-school Nick! I spent many an hour watching that stuff.

I always liked Clarissa, Doug, Rocko, Alex Mack, and All That. remember when Snick was actually -good-? now they have this goofy TeenNick thing or whatever. peh. why don't they just start calling Nickelodeon "MTV Jr."? 'cuz that's all it is now, really. grr. they need to bring back the classics somehow.

oh, does anybody remember this show called Roundhouse? I can remember the name but I can't remember anything about it at all.

hey, I remember David the Gnome! I used to like it when I was a little kid.

there was also this anime version of Grimm's fairy tales on Nick Jr., does anybody remember that? I know someone out there does ;]

oh by the way, moving this to In the Spotlight.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:49 am

*swoons* I LOVED THOSE OLD SHOWS! WHich one was the one where they ran around a pretend mayan temple?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:17 am

i loved all of those shows!!!!!!!

smartpants, you are thinking of legends of the hidden temple

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Kat Walker » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:49 am

Man, I remember watching Nickelodeon game shows religiously. I barely remember Double Dare (like when Alanis Morissette was on the show!) but I *loved* GUTS (I always rooted for the girl competitor to win!) and Legends of the Hidden Temple (I remember asking my mom if I could sign up for the show XD).

Salute your Shorts also made me crack up every time. Camp Anawanna (sp?), we hold you in our hearts, and when we think about you...*obnoxious guy butts in* IT MAKES ME WANNA FART! Good stuff.

But no Nick classic quite takes the cake the way the Adventure of Pete and Pete did. ARTIE! The strongest man...IN THE WOOOOOORLD! I was so sad the episode he decided to leave. ;_;

I used to be SO into Doug, Angry Beavers, and Ah! Real Monsters...I'm glad good shows like Hey Arnold! are still going strong, but unfortunately Nick is still beating dead horses like the Rugrats. What's with this "all grown up" junk? They're going to be the next Scooby Doo if we don't watch out -- OUR kids will be seeing new episodes!!! Speaking of which, I don't like the new All That cast. After Lori Beth Denberg left, it just wasn't the same.

And I forgot Animaniacs was originally on Nick. ^^; I wish some network would start showing Tiny Toons again. In fact, someone should just start up a whole new network for old skool 80's and 90's kid shows. Hey, Cartoon Network did it for the 50's, 60's, and 70's with the Boomerang Channel.......hmmm...*plots*
Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

Colossians 3:14

~ my personal website ~
Kat Walker

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:57 am

I liked the old, old Rugrats. when the show was actually cute and kinda clever. but now it's just meh.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kat Walker » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:06 am

Me too, actually. It was pretty creative back then. Now it's so blasé it's ridiculous. Quit milking the cow, people!
Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

Colossians 3:14

~ my personal website ~
Kat Walker

Next

Return to General Entertainment