Catwoman: opinions wanted

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Argh!

Postby Kat Walker » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:42 am

Bleeh-heh-heh-heh! This movie completely messes up the already jumbled Catwoman universes, the last thing we need is a completely new, completely BAD retelling. They turned mah homegirl from a seductive, threatening, complex, dark anti-heroine into this....this...bondage-brandishing slab of skanky cheescake whose every corny line absolutely MUST ooze with as much sexual innuendo as is grammatically possibly to cram into a single sentence.

:mutter: Bah...deh....dpiajiosdjasdhasd....fhwqwgads! Halle Berry should have her acting credentials revoked. Turn in that Oscar.
Kat Walker

Postby c-girl » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:05 pm

My friends liked it so i'm planning on seeing it sometime.
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:11 am

christiangirl wrote:My friends liked it so i'm planning on seeing it sometime.

Smack your friends upside the head and tell them to wash their eyes out with soap and water.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:35 am

greyscale42 wrote:What does that have to do with the movie? The Crow movie came out before Catwoman and the begginning intro wasnt in the comic at all. The movie doesnt stay true to the comic at all. U wanna see a good cat woman see Batman Returns.

I did see Batman Returns... Didn't like it much, but I thought essentially the same thing happened here... She died and was brought back by her cats, or something really close to that anyhow...

Oh, and Batman returns is my least favorite in the series... Penguin biting that guy's nose off was just disgusting...

SO, in the comics, how does Catwoman come to be?

I found out that in this movie, Halle Berry doesn't play THE catwoman, but another person using that persona... Whatever. I'm not paying money to see this. I will pay money to see the next Batman movie, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:24 am

:eyebrow: Will there be another Batman movie?
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby SManBeyond » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:30 am

I don't consider "Catwoman" to be a true Batman movie, since it doesn't even seem to exist in the Batman Universe...

But yes, there is a new Batman movie coming out in 2005. The teaser trailer's already online, and you can view it here. It appears to be entitled "Batman Begins"...for now....

[Quote=Kat Walker]Halle Berry should have her acting credentials revoked. Turn in that Oscar.[/Quote]

LOL! I'm with you on this one. :)
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:41 am

:wow!: COOL! That is super! :wow!: I hope the new actor can play a good Batman.
†††††††††††††

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby fayefaye » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:45 pm

I love the guy who's gonna play Batman.His name is Christian bale and he's a good actor.He's welsh but does a great american accent.I hope scarecrow and that other ancient guy do a good job
fayefaye

Postby Archan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:07 pm

Hum,

Looks like this thread wandered from Catwoman to Batman, which is cool I guess being no one is complaining yet....so here I go steering this thread further off course

Christian Bale looks like he'll do a good job, I luved his performance in Equallibrium (Yeah, I know the spelling is wrong there....) so I have no doubt about him filling in Michael Keaton's shoes (Hopefully he'll succed this time :eh: ) The only thing thats bugging my eyes out is the new batmobile, which looks like some experiment gone wrong from the X-Games. :eh: IF there is something that will spoil the movie for me, it would probably be that, and of course bad acting :sweat:

P.S. (Switches on Nerd mode) The other guys name is Ra's Al-Ghul, he's the guy who keeps trying to live forever.....(Switches off nerd mode)

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby SManBeyond » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:22 pm

I thought that about the Batmobile too, until someone pointed out that this is Batman's beginning, and he probably experimented a bit with design until he got something that actually looked cool and was efficient. So I'll buy it...for now...and yes, I think Christian Bale could do a great job as Batman, although I want to see him in action before I make up my mind. Though, to be honest, Kevin Conroy will always be Batman for me.

Still, you are right. We are wandering off-topic from Catwoman. Then again, does Catwoman really require much discussion? :) Because it seems rather pointless to have discussion on a thread where most of us are saying the same thing.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:59 pm

You got that right :shady:
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:37 pm

Hey guys, I know I'm the one who started this thread and I didn't say as much but I would like to take the time to thank everyone for your participation.

I enjoyed the previous Batman movies so maybe I'll go to see this one coming up.

Bobtheduck wrote:I found out that in this movie, Halle Berry doesn't play THE catwoman, but another person using that persona... Whatever. I'm not paying money to see this. I will pay money to see the next Batman movie, though.

Not THE Catwoman?? What in the world?! There is but one Catwoman! That's like saying there's two Spidermen! It's not the same!
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Zane » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:36 am

Zane

Postby CephasWhite » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:40 am

Actually the first Batman series, starring Adam West as Batman, had a black girl who played Catwoman who actually LOOKED like a cat and had a decent costume on.

zane wrote:Get this to save $ Fox wants to limit Johnny storms "Flame On" from the Fantastic Four to only his finger tips...... ????!!!!!! What the....

Im not gonna go see catwoman in the chinema just to make a stance against stupied beuracracy and dumb Hollywood stuffing it up AGAIN.
Z.

I totally agree, I hate it when Hollywood screws up the comic book character just to suit their own liking.

Spiderman(exception) - They did a good job, nothing was left out.

Daredevil - That was mostly a wannabe movie. Not that great.

Hulk - Three-quarters of the movie was Bruce Banner.

Spiderman2(exception) - Another success. Great job.

Catwoman - I do not want to explain it again, we pretty much said it.
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby fayefaye » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:15 pm

Wow. Zane,your BATMAN PURIST MATE is taking that a little far in my opinion.Race should have nothing to do with the subject.Her being black wouldn't be the least of my worries,it wouldn't be a worry at all.I would stick to the other subjects and not bring that up at all.
fayefaye

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:16 pm

fayefaye wrote:Wow. Zane,your BATMAN PURIST MATE is taking that a little far in my opinion.Race should have nothing to do with the subject.Her being black wouldn't be the least of my worries,it wouldn't be a worry at all.I would stick to the other subjects and not bring that up at all.

Yes, race has nothing to do with a person's acting ability. If you're talking about the character of Catwoman herself being black then...

CephasVII wrote:Actually the first Batman series, starring Adam West as Batman, had a black girl who played Catwoman who actually LOOKED like a cat and had a decent costume on.

Yes, and I think her name was Eartha Kit. I heard she was the best Catwoman because she did a really good purr.

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:26 pm

fayefaye wrote:Wow. Zane,your BATMAN PURIST MATE is taking that a little far in my opinion.Race should have nothing to do with the subject.Her being black wouldn't be the least of my worries,it wouldn't be a worry at all.I would stick to the other subjects and not bring that up at all.

It's not racist to not want the race of a character changed. In fact, one could say that changing the race of the character is pandering. As if people are offended by her being white to begin with. There have been other movies in the past to do this, and it was just plain stupid in my opinion. If you think that's racist, you don't know what it is to be a real fan, in my opinion. And, yes, that is just opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:57 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:It's not racist to not want the race of a character changed. In fact, one could say that changing the race of the character is pandering. As if people are offended by her being white to begin with. There have been other movies in the past to do this, and it was just plain stupid in my opinion. If you think that's racist, you don't know what it is to be a real fan, in my opinion. And, yes, that is just opinion.

Yeah, I see your point now. That's kinda how my brother felt about the Hulk. Well, you see he watched the Hulk that used to be on television (I think it's shown on the Sci-Fi channel now). So when the recent Hulk movie came out he didn't like it partly because the movie made the Hulk so much bigger than Lue Ferigno's Hulk (what's his name?!).

And that's how I feel about Spidey. I've seen a couple of the newer Spiderman cartoons. One day I saw a Spiderman cartoon from like the 60s or something (it was really old, perhaps one of the first) and Spiderman's voice was deeper and had a more "serious" tone. Even if that's what the original Spiderman's voice sounded like, I still didn't like it. I think the higher, young teenage Spiderman voice is so much more fitting. *shrugs*

Golden_Griff

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:01 pm

Look what I found on MSN :P

From MSN Entertainment News wrote:Berry Wants Another 'Catwoman'
Aug 5, 11:20 AM EST

The Associated Press

"Catwoman" star Halle Berry said Thursday she would gladly slip into the skintight catsuit again, undaunted by a weak start for the movie in the United States.

"I think I'm really hoping to do another 'Catwoman,'" Berry told reporters ahead of the movie's German premiere.

Berry, who slinks through the movie in midriff-baring black leather, pointed to the satisfaction that comes from a good whip-crack.

"Everybody just wanted to crack that whip," she said.

"When you get your first crack, you just want to keep on cracking."

Co-star Benjamin Bratt was a bit less adept: "My first and only attempt ended up with me smacking myself in the back of the head. I left it to the professionals."

The $100 million-movie opened last week in the U.S. to a cool critical response and came in third at the box office with US$17 million — behind "The Bourne Identity" and "I, Robot."

"We were a little disappointed that we were not No. 1," producer Denise Di Novi told reporters Thursday.

Ha, if I was you I wouldn't get my hopes up. But I guess everything should have a second chance :eyeroll:

Golden_Griff

Postby Syreth » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:49 pm

I don't plan on seeing it because the previews were pretty ronchy. It sounds like a waste of time to me!
Syreth

Postby DrNic » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:18 pm

*walks in*...
*laughs*
*walks out*...

...there is nothing more to be said really, apart from that maybe this can be classed in the same movie section as Garfield and The Mask 2.
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:51 pm

I am not planning on seeing it purely at what they have twisted the movie and character into (as has been said) and I have no respect for an actor or actress who causes problems with a series just because they don't get enough attention.

To clarify, Halle Berry quit the X-Men team as Storm because she was dissatisfied with her role. She then pushed in for Catwoman. When it comes to her role in James Bond, she wanted to create a movie or series off of her character, Jynx, and also quoted "I could see a Barbara Bond sometime down the line" when she was interviewed and asked if she thought the James Bond role could possibly be played by a female.

After I found that out, I came to the conclusion that she is greedy for attention and money, as well as having no sense of what makes a good movie, plot, or characters, and doesn't belong in anything worthwhile to see.

That being said....
Jester

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:54 pm

I don't plan on seeng the movie because it looks like it is based on sex appeal to gain viewer. Honestly, her costume in the commercials! She could at least cover up. Besides, it's less trampy and much cooler looking when the costume doesn't show that much. ew.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:29 pm

DrNic wrote:*walks in*...
*laughs*
*walks out*...

...there is nothing more to be said really, apart from that maybe this can be classed in the same movie section as Garfield and The Mask 2.

Mask 2? That's not even out yet, and Garfield was great, except they made nermal a guy and odie a doxie scruff mix instead of, well... Whatever it was that he was... It sure wasn't a doxie scruff mix... Also, I disagree with the "negative reinforcement = bad" thing, but then again I think shock collars are cruel as well... Then there's the fact that Jon actually... Well, I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone... I liked it. It wasn't like the old cartoon, but it was decent. It can't really be like the old cartoon if Lorenzo Music isn't playing garfield... Since he's dead, Garfield changes.
Bobtheduck

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:13 pm

Catwoman is the biggest rip off of this year. If you want to see a very good Catwoman, Go rent the Crow. The plot was stolen from the crow, and the lines in the movie were stolen from the Crow. I hate the movie and will not go see it. The screnplay writers should be put in prison for many, many years.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:29 pm

There's no way I'll be caught dead in the theater watching Catwoman. I read a Christian review about it...they show every kind of points to the movies.
Well, just by watching the commercials--I don't wanna see it. The outfit she wears is attrocious and too revealing!! It's hard to find a movie where there isn't something like that, though.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Golden_Griff » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:45 pm

Jester wrote:I am not planning on seeing it purely at what they have twisted the movie and character into (as has been said) and I have no respect for an actor or actress who causes problems with a series just because they don't get enough attention.

To clarify, Halle Berry quit the X-Men team as Storm because she was dissatisfied with her role. She then pushed in for Catwoman. When it comes to her role in James Bond, she wanted to create a movie or series off of her character, Jynx, and also quoted "I could see a Barbara Bond sometime down the line" when she was interviewed and asked if she thought the James Bond role could possibly be played by a female.

After I found that out, I came to the conclusion that she is greedy for attention and money, as well as having no sense of what makes a good movie, plot, or characters, and doesn't belong in anything worthwhile to see.

That being said....

She what? :wow!:.....*keeps reading* Uh-un! :wow!:.....*continues reading* No, that's not the Halle I know! :mutter:....

Man, I didn't know that about her. Halle was okay with me before I read that. I'm with you Jester, I'm not attracted to actors/actresses/singers/singtresses (sp?) who do things just for attention. :shady:

Barbara Bond? You have got to be kidding me! :eyebrow:

Golden_Griff

Postby kaji » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:57 pm

I don’t think I will ever watch this movie…

Sure, wearing skintight leather all the time can be murder on your skin, however there was no need for cat woman to jump all the way to just wearing her bra…

Sex sells. Sad, how very sad.

Really, I’m sure there are many other reasons I would not want to watch this movie, but the first is reason enough for me.

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Raskle » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:34 pm

I downloaded the screenplay, read it, and wouldn't go see it. The graphics might be alright (y'know, good cinematography) but the plot and dialogue are decidedly lame.
"...don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."
-Zaphod

"As I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:..."
-They Might Be Giants

"Who are yoouu?? What did you do with Uncle Sliiim?!"
-"Home on the Range"
Raskle

Postby Zane » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:35 pm

Zane

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment