Anime Recommendations Thread

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby AliceLink96 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Thank you so much everyone!! This really helped! I'm watching Inuyasha right now!! I love it!! Lol!!
AliceLink96

Postby Maokun » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Glad to be of service :) Keep in mind that it's going to be a loooooooong and somewhat bumpy ride, but if you are loving the first episodes, you'll likely enjoy the rest.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Smileloviene » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello again guys :)

My younger sister recently asked me about an anime she head about called Neo Angelique Abyss, which i know nothing about. I looked it up and everything about it art-wise reminded me of La Corda d'Oro, which made me think it's prolly a shoujo romance sort of thing, but some of those are innocent and some aren't. I'd be more than happy to watch it with her, since i typically like shoujo anime (haha, i'm such a girl :n_n:), but i'd like to know what i'm getting us into first ;)

So, in general... is it any good? Appropriate? (I like to avoid sexual innuendo and fan service with her as much as possible, since she's just thirteen... oh, and really excessive language is a no as well) Violence, i'm not to worried about, since she handles that stuff better than me sometimes :P No full out nasty gore, please, but she's seen Pandora Hearts, Naruto and other various animes with violence and she also loves movies like Lord of the Rings... so she's not ginna faint at the sight of blood :thumb: Basically, i just want to make sure it isn't really dirty. Cheesy romance we can handle, if that's what it is, hahaha... we got through Princess Tutu, anyway. But, yeah, if anyone's seen it and knows that would be great :rock: Thanks, guys
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrchid"]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19[/color][/SIZE][/font][PHP][/PHP]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Yellow"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color][color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font][/color]
Smileloviene

Postby Cianter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am

Heyya guys, I need some help. I've been kinda down lately, and I just want a nice fun anime. It's ok if there is some serious, even some sad, but I just want there to be lots of laughs, heheh :) As usual, no yuri, yoai, and as little sexual content/fanservice as possilbe, please and thank you^-^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cianter
Cianter

Postby Atria35 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Cianter (post: 1590805) wrote:Heyya guys, I need some help. I've been kinda down lately, and I just want a nice fun anime. It's ok if there is some serious, even some sad, but I just want there to be lots of laughs, heheh :) As usual, no yuri, yoai, and as little sexual content/fanservice as possilbe, please and thank you^-^

Bunny Drop. Just the most fun, heartwarming thing to air in ages. Since you're in England, you can actually watch it legally on Crunchyroll (because that's how I saw some of my anime while over there ^.^). Yes, it's in subs, but since you've started watching those I don't think you'll have a problem.
Atria35

Postby Cianter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Atria35 (post: 1590807) wrote:Bunny Drop. Just the most fun, heartwarming thing to air in ages. Since you're in England, you can actually watch it legally on Crunchyroll (because that's how I saw some of my anime while over there ^.^). Yes, it's in subs, but since you've started watching those I don't think you'll have a problem.

Haha, thanks so much Atria, so excited:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

Cianter

Light-hearted comedies

Postby skreyola » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Cianter (post: 1590805) wrote:Heyya guys, I need some help. I've been kinda down lately, and I just want a nice fun anime. It's ok if there is some serious, even some sad, but I just want there to be lots of laughs, heheh :) As usual, no yuri, yoai, and as little sexual content/fanservice as possilbe, please and thank you^-^

Nanaka 6/17 is a good one for that. It's about a 17-year-old girl who loses her memory and thinks she's 6. Parts of it are serious, especially as it goes along, and the ending is bittersweet, but for the most part, it's lots of laughs as her childhood friend tries to keep her out of trouble and keep her problem a secret. Hulu free had the full series of the dub, last I checked. I've watched it there two or three times.

School Rumble also comes to mind. It's been over a year since I saw it, so I can't promise you about the content, but I think the only fanservice is in two episodes where they're at the beach and in bathing suits, but I didn't find it objectionable. If you don't mind romantic comedy tropes, this should be a good one for filling your laugh meter.

If you're looking for good feelings more than outright laughs, you might also enjoy the fish-out-of-water series, Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth. The humor is more low key and charming than ha ha funny, but I always had a smile on my face when I finished an episode, so if you want a pick-me-up, check that out. The sub is on Hulu free, also.

Hope that helps.
skreyola

Postby John the Roman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello!

I'm looking for anime that have Christian frameworks, (such as priests, demons, or similar things). Evangelion and Witch Hunter Robin are on my list, and I've already seen D. Gray Man, Chrono Crusade, Trinity Blood, Haibane Renmei, and Blue Exorcist. You can mention any title here, really. If it is worse than Blue Exorcist in objectionable content, I might not want to see it but I can always stop if necessary.

I'm also trying to find an anime that would be good to watch through with my parents (I've shown them Trinity Blood and Chrono Crusade already and they liked both, but when I showed it to them I had already seen them. Kind of ruins the magic.). I want to do this with Witch Hunter Robin, but I'm in college now and we'd only be able to do this in the Summer. The problem is that I started WHR and I'm really antzy about finishing it (I am going home soon and I will show them the first few episodes and see if they like it enough for us to both commit to seeing it together like that).

The guidelines for the one to watch with parents: Serious subject matter. I want something where they can almost imagine themselves watching an ordinary show with real people as actors (if that makes sense). Make sure it isn't too objectionable though, seeing as they've seen two anime that are prone to fanservice at parts, that's generally okay, but too much foul language would not be good. Also if there's oceans of blood it might not be the best but violence is not a big a issue. (Christian framework would be nice but is not required, I'm planning on showing them Requiem for the Phantom at some point and that has only passing references to anything Christian. Certainly not comparable to Chrono Crusade or Trinity blood.)

Thanks, I hope I was clear enough.

EDIT: I've seen Hellsing as well. That's the new benchmark for objectionable content too I guess, though it wasn't terribly awful except for one episode and one character in particular...
John the Roman

Postby Atria35 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 pm

John the Roman (post: 1592045) wrote:Hello!

I'm looking for anime that have Christian frameworks, (such as priests, demons, or similar things). Evangelion and Witch Hunter Robin are on my list, and I've already seen D. Gray Man, Chrono Crusade, Trinity Blood, Haibane Renmei, and Blue Exorcist. You can mention any title here, really. If it is worse than Blue Exorcist in objectionable content, I might not want to see it but I can always stop if necessary.

I'm also trying to find an anime that would be good to watch through with my parents (I've shown them Trinity Blood and Chrono Crusade already and they liked both, but when I showed it to them I had already seen them. Kind of ruins the magic.). I want to do this with Witch Hunter Robin, but I'm in college now and we'd only be able to do this in the Summer. The problem is that I started WHR and I'm really antzy about finishing it (I am going home soon and I will show them the first few episodes and see if they like it enough for us to both commit to seeing it together like that).

The guidelines for the one to watch with parents: Serious subject matter. I want something where they can almost imagine themselves watching an ordinary show with real people as actors (if that makes sense). Make sure it isn't too objectionable though, seeing as they've seen two anime that are prone to fanservice at parts, that's generally okay, but too much foul language would not be good. Also if there's oceans of blood it might not be the best but violence is not a big a issue. (Christian framework would be nice but is not required, I'm planning on showing them Requiem for the Phantom at some point and that has only passing references to anything Christian. Certainly not comparable to Chrono Crusade or Trinity blood.)

Thanks, I hope I was clear enough.

EDIT: I've seen Hellsing as well. That's the new benchmark for objectionable content too I guess, though it wasn't terribly awful except for one episode and one character in particular...

Neon Genesis Evangelion has some Christian trappings, but they are sincerely trappings - the creator has openly stated it means absolutely nothing. There are also a number of Christians that find it offensive, so yeah.

Spice and Wolf is obviously a mideval setting, and the incoming religion is obviously a parallel to Christianity (though it's not EVER outright said, merely referred to as "The Church"), but the whole thing is about the travels of a merchant and a wolf goddess and the incoming religion is touched on *veryVERYvery* briefly. And in more a bittersweet way since it's forcing her away from her home.

Maria Watches Over Us does touch on Christianity (it takes place in a Catholic school, after all), but it's a shoujo-ai (meaning there are a few romantic relationships among the girls.) From seeing it myself, it's unbearably rare and really only with one side character, but it's treated very seriously.

Angel's Egg is one that has some serious Christian parallels and themes, might work. It's very.... different, to say the least. I would say it's like an art house film (in a good way), but it's not made like your average storytelling movie.

I can't think of any others that might not press some buttons in terms of how offensive it might be because of how it's misused. As Japan isn't a Christian nation, this shouldn't be surprising in the least, but there are a number of Christian-friendly (with no mention of religion) anime out there.
Atria35

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Hmm... how about Trigun?
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Cianter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 am

skreyola (post: 1590868) wrote:Nanaka 6/17 is a good one for that. It's about a 17-year-old girl who loses her memory and thinks she's 6. Parts of it are serious, especially as it goes along, and the ending is bittersweet, but for the most part, it's lots of laughs as her childhood friend tries to keep her out of trouble and keep her problem a secret. Hulu free had the full series of the dub, last I checked. I've watched it there two or three times.

School Rumble also comes to mind. It's been over a year since I saw it, so I can't promise you about the content, but I think the only fanservice is in two episodes where they're at the beach and in bathing suits, but I didn't find it objectionable. If you don't mind romantic comedy tropes, this should be a good one for filling your laugh meter.

If you're looking for good feelings more than outright laughs, you might also enjoy the fish-out-of-water series, Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth. The humor is more low key and charming than ha ha funny, but I always had a smile on my face when I finished an episode, so if you want a pick-me-up, check that out. The sub is on Hulu free, also.

Hope that helps.

That does indeed help, thank so much^_^

Cianter

Postby samurai10 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 am

So.

In the recent CAA Moe Character tournament AND the tournament going on right now for the best anime of the 2000's, many of you have said that you really really like The Melancholy of Haruhi Shizumiya.

I tried watching the first episode and I couldn't get past the first ten minutes because I could NOT understand what in the world was going on. If I can't figure out what's happening in the first ten minutes, is it worth it to keep going?
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

samurai10 (post: 1592480) wrote:So.

In the recent CAA Moe Character tournament AND the tournament going on right now for the best anime of the 2000's, many of you have said that you really really like The Melancholy of Haruhi Shizumiya.

I tried watching the first episode and I couldn't get past the first ten minutes because I could NOT understand what in the world was going on. If I can't figure out what's happening in the first ten minutes, is it worth it to keep going?

First off, you're probably watching it in broadcast order. That means what you saw is actually the second or third episode - what the episode is about is they're showing the movie they made for the school cultural festival. You... just get to watch it.

(They technically aired the episodes out-of-order, mostly because if they didn't, the ending would be incredibly anti-climactic. I know this firsthand because I watched it in chronological order)
Atria35

Postby skreyola » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Agreed. Melancholy makes sense in the end, but it does get weird before it starts to tie together.
skreyola

Postby Cianter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 am

Hola, so, I need so help. I have NOT been able to get into ANY anime lately, so I started watching some random AMVs to see if anything caught my eye. I saw this really good AMV for Eureka Seven, and now I'm wondering about it. I found it in my dropped list on MAL, and I remembered hearing that it had some questionable content, but it's rated PG-13, so I'm not really sure... So (wow I use that word allot) any info on the content would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you^_^

Cianter

Postby Maokun » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 am

samurai10 (post: 1592480) wrote:So.

I one of the biggest apologists of TMOHS in these forums so I'll try to [s]force you[/s] convince you to watch it.

I agree with Atria that you most likely saw the first broadcasted episode "00: The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" and your confusion stems from it. The episode starts in media res and we're offered a sample of the whimsical and strong personality of the main character without really much of introduction to her, her friends or whatever it's going on. In fact, since the whole episode it's a short movie the characters made for a school project the characters are at points acting (literally) in very different ways to their real personality. The plot is totally outrageous and collapses at times into complete nonsense which is actually a fun first look into the unique mind of the main character.

What I'm trying to say is that you are not supposed to understand anything at all in that episode. Just laugh. The next episode is a much more proper introduction to the series which will lay its setting, premise and characters.

If you choose to keep watching the series in broadcast order (which I recommend but some advice against) you'll find that the story is similarly told in "disorder". You'll get to see the consequences of things that haven't happened yet and conversations that sound enigmatic without the revelations that only will be told later on. It will keep you guessing and speculating, and I believe it's a very fun exercise in discovering what is -in my humble opinion- one of the most original and interesting premises in an anime in the past decade.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Atria35 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Okay, I'm trying to decide between two shows: Tari Tari or Kokoro Connect. Which one should I pick up?
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 pm

I haven't seen Tari Tari but general consensus seems to be that Kokoro Connect is a smarter show and I personally really enjoyed it. It reminds me of the Toradora/AnoHana/AnoNatsu trio of shows, even though it's an Oonuma Shin show and those three are from Nagai Tatsuyuki and his team.

Tari Tari is done though, while Kokoro Connect still has a few BD-only episodes that need to come out.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Out of the two I somewhat enjoyed Tari Tari more so than KC.
KC has an interesting premise, but I feel they didn't really go anywhere with that. Then again I have 4 episodes left. Drama was over the top sometimes (more so than Tari Tari).
Personally, I thought TT was nice, (especially the middle part Wakana and Sawa arcs), with more likeable characters than KC, yet at the same time it was somewhat forgettable after I finished it so it did not leave a strong impression on me.
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Hmmm :/ Sounds like I'll be watching them both a little at a time, then, since they seem equally not so special.
Atria35

Postby skreyola » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:34 pm

I haven't seen KC, but Tari Tari has a lot of heart, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had to wait for each episode to come up, but I was happy each week when I saw it added to my queue.
skreyola

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:46 pm

So I'm in between shows at the moment since Black Lagoon was too meh to watch more of and Time of Eve was too short (so good you guys). I feel like I should be clearing my on-holds list but I'm not sure what I want to watch. I tried to finish Another but it looks like not watching it was one of my better decisions when it started airing. The stuff that is left includes Ergo Proxy, Ikoku no Meiro Croisee, Lupin III: The Mystery Woman Named Fujiko Mine, Mushishi, and NO. 6. Is anyone willing to vouch for why I should finish any of these or should I just go find something I haven't started yet?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Maokun » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 pm

I dunno, man. I haven't been able to get a proper read on you :P Just when I think I have you all figured out it turns out that you hated something that I thought you'd like, so I'm hesitating whether I really should recommend Ergo proxy to you, but I'm leaning towards nope.

Checking your "plan to watch" list, I feel the safest I can recommend to you right now is Haibane Renmei. I may be mistaken, yet again.

Maokun

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm curious what in particular I hated even though you thought I'd like it, is it Black Lagoon? If so, I thought the GUNS were done better by the likes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Jormungand, and Library War, and I never felt I had a reason why I should root for the characters involved so I found it hard to get into the plot. That, and it bothered me the way it argued over something I consider trivial (whether or not they should loot the Nazi bodies) when it had the main characters committing far more morally reprehensible actions without a single batted eyelash.

Haibane Renmei, though, I'm pretty sure I'll like that since I have yet to find a single person who doesn't, and most of them are people whose tastes I trust. I definitely want to watch it so if you don't think any of my on-holds are things I should give attention to right now I'll definitely consider it. Eternal Shonen Rivals aside, though, I think we have pretty similar tastes, so just shoot from the hip at whatever you think, man.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby AliceLink96 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Heyyy guys!! So my sister and I were trying to look for Anime to watch earlier and so I said "I 'll check CAA's Anime review page!!" We tried to find Anime that did not have any nudity in it and we found some but she didn't like some the suggestions. I then suggested Kimi ni Todoke and she loved it!! I want to find more age appropriate animes that we both can enjoy that are similar to Kimi ni Todoke but I can't find anything at the moment..
AliceLink96

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:33 pm

AliceLink96 (post: 1594878) wrote:Heyyy guys!! So my sister and I were trying to look for Anime to watch earlier and so I said "I 'll check CAA's Anime review page!!" We tried to find Anime that did not have any nudity in it and we found some but she didn't like some the suggestions. I then suggested Kimi ni Todoke and she loved it!! I want to find more age appropriate animes that we both can enjoy that are similar to Kimi ni Todoke but I can't find anything at the moment..

So... shoujo romances it is, then! Is the 'no nudity' the only caveat, or are there issues with religion/language/etc? What are those limits?

I'll stick to the super-cleans, though:
Yumeiro Pâtissière
Glass Mask (2005) - note: Not really a romance and does not have a conclusive ending since the manga is still ongoing.
Ultra Maniac
Kirarin Revolution
Chance Pop Session - another not-romance
Atria35

Postby AliceLink96 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Religiously speaking, anime that has like...killing and violence is OK if there's not like...gushing blood and Gore and all that jazz. And as for the cursing i'm not really strict but like...i really try to avoid the animes that use too much offensive language. We also don't watch any shonen ai or any of that but i dont think that will be in any of the suggestions, i just wanted to clarify it. But thank you so much!! I'm definitely gonna show her these because these animes are so her (^U^) thank you!
AliceLink96

Postby Falx » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 pm

AliceLink96 (post: 1594894) wrote:Religiously speaking, anime that has like...killing and violence is OK if there's not like...gushing blood and Gore and all that jazz. And as for the cursing i'm not really strict but like...i really try to avoid the animes that use too much offensive language. We also don't watch any shonen ai or any of that but i dont think that will be in any of the suggestions, i just wanted to clarify it. But thank you so much!! I'm definitely gonna show her these because these animes are so her (^U^) thank you!

Speaking of romances:

Chihayafuru
Toradora
Tonari no Kaibutsukun <--- this is currently airing and can be found on Cunrchyroll to watch legally for free, they named it "My Little Monster" though.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Maokun » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1594876) wrote:I'm curious what in particular I hated even though you thought I'd like it, is it Black Lagoon? If so, I thought the GUNS were done better by the likes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Jormungand, and Library War, and I never felt I had a reason why I should root for the characters involved so I found it hard to get into the plot. That, and it bothered me the way it argued over something I consider trivial (whether or not they should loot the Nazi bodies) when it had the main characters committing far more morally reprehensible actions without a single batted eyelash.

Haibane Renmei, though, I'm pretty sure I'll like that since I have yet to find a single person who doesn't, and most of them are people whose tastes I trust. I definitely want to watch it so if you don't think any of my on-holds are things I should give attention to right now I'll definitely consider it. Eternal Shonen Rivals aside, though, I think we have pretty similar tastes, so just shoot from the hip at whatever you think, man.

Yeah, I kind of thought that the amoral, jaded characters in BL that sometimes did stupid things would appeal your Baccano!/Bebop loving taste. Also you seemed to like M&H less than I'd have expected? Anyway, for the time being, my suggestion of HR remains. The other thing is that we have pretty much seen the same stuff (and you've seen more than me, to my chagrin) so I'm actually struggling to think of something else to recommend.

I'll see if by comparing our anime lists I find something in the gaps.

Maokun

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 am

Maokun (post: 1594910) wrote:Yeah, I kind of thought that the amoral, jaded characters in BL that sometimes did stupid things would appeal your Baccano!/Bebop loving taste. Also you seemed to like M&H less than I'd have expected? Anyway, for the time being, my suggestion of HR remains. The other thing is that we have pretty much seen the same stuff (and you've seen more than me, to my chagrin) so I'm actually struggling to think of something else to recommend.

I'll see if by comparing our anime lists I find something in the gaps.
Perhaps I will unwittingly reveal myself as a sociopath but I actually never found Baccano! or Bebop to have largely amoral casts. For instance, I to this day do not understand why people think Claire is this terrible amoral person. I wouldn't even say he's a sadist, honestly, I think his, errr, messy tendencies are more a result of him making sure the job is done, which is not necessarily a bad thing to do if you want someone dead in the Naritaverse.

Anyways, I appreciate whatever recommendations you guys give, and honestly, I'm not so afraid of watching a bad show that I'm worried about what recommendations I get. Haibane Renmei is one I'd forgotten about that I'll definitely keep in mind. Might go well with having just seen Time of Eve, honestly, since I kind of link the two series in my head though I don't know why I do.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews