New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby blkmage » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:32 am

blkmage

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Interesting...
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 pm

blkmage (post: 1549132) wrote:Well, this is interesting and unexpected.
Super happy about this.

My favorite part of this story:
ANN wrote:When Stranger key animator Yutaka Nakamura mused on Twitter, "What's about to start?!" the official Stranger account responded, "It's been a while! Let's get this thing going again, Nakamura-san!" Nakamura then replied, "A while?! I'm always 'Strangering.' (italics mine) [lol]"
Priceless.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Neane » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito will be a four episode film & OVA series, similar to the format for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. Each episode is about 50 minutes long and will be premiered every three months followed by the Blu-ray release. The first episode will be released early this summer.
Here is the Trailer.

Staff details:

Studio: Sunrise

Director: Kazuki Akane [You know, the Director of the Escaflowne TV Series and the Creator of Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e.]
Script: Kazuki Akane, Miya Asakawa [You know, the same person who did the script of Turn A Gundam {Which is considered by many as the best Gundam Series.]
Composition Assistance: Shigeru Morita (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Blood+)
Original Character Design: CLAMP
Character Design: Takahiro Kimura (Betterman, GaoGaiGar: King of Braves, Brigadoon: Marin & Melan)
Chief Animation Director: Hidekazu Shimamura (ChäoS;HEAd)
Original Nightmare Design: Akira Yasuda (Both Seasons of Code Geass)
Mecha Design: Kenji Teraoka [You know, from Ghost in the Shell], Takumi Sakura, Takashi Miyamoto, Astrays (?)
CG Animation Director: Eiji Inomoto ( Noein, GITS: SAC, Aquarion )
Color Setting: Kumiko Nakayama
Art Director: Takeshi Satou
Art Setting: Kazushige Kanehira
Music: Ichiko Hashimoto [Did the music for RahXephon]
Theme Song: "More Than Words" (Music by Yoko Kanno [You know, Cowbop Bebop], Lyrics by Yuho Iwasato, Vocals by Maaya Sakamoto)
Neane

Postby Maokun » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:54 am

Eh, as much as I like Code Geass, I greatly dislike this kind of spin-offs that have little to do with the main premise and simply is cashing on an already built, tested and tried universe and mechanics. Unless they actually use this chance to delve in the secrets of CG's universe (the nature of C.C.'s people, for example) I think I'll give it a pass.

(knows well enough he'll jump into it like a sucker, anyway, because sweet character design, production values and amazing music plus nostalgia factor)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:41 am

Also Mao, Kazuki Akane is directing it, and you'd be wise to steer clear of his stuff, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love Escaflowne TV and am so happy that I own it, but I think Shoji Kawamori deserves most of the praise for this one. His stuff that Kawamori didn't help with...Heat Guy J, Geneshaft and Noein...shows that were very, very "meh."

*EDIT Though I have to hold my hands up and say Birdy was pretty cool. Eitherway, I think we can agree that Akanae isn't an upgrade on Goro Tanaguchi.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Falx » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1549745) wrote:Also Mao, Kazuki Akane is directing it, and you'd be wise to steer clear of his stuff, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love Escaflowne TV and am so happy that I own it, but I think Shoji Kawamori deserves most of the praise for this one. His stuff that Kawamori didn't help with...Heat Guy J, Geneshaft and Noein...shows that were very, very "meh."

*EDIT Though I have to hold my hands up and say Birdy was pretty cool. Eitherway, I think we can agree that Akanae isn't an upgrade on Goro Tanaguchi.

His stuff that Kawamori didn't help with...Heat Guy J, Geneshaft and Noein...shows that were very, very "meh."

Geneshaft and Noein...shows that were very, very "meh."

Noein...shows that were very, very "meh."

Noein..."meh."

flat what
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:29 am

Falx (post: 1549752) wrote:flat what
It didn't do it for me, but this is just an opinion. I don't have any arguments to back up my claim, since it's been so long since I have seen it. I just remember being underwhelmed by the whole thing, but perhaps I will revisit it someday.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Falx » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 am

You should give the soundtrack a go at the very least. It's pretty amazing.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm actually far more interested in these Code Geass OVAs, because they sound very 08th MS Teamish rather than the really dumb battles the CG got into after a few episodes(or, I guess really, by the second episode it was like tactics lol what are those we have better robot than them, therefore, we win), and I would hope that with only four episodes it won't have anything that I didn't like about the main series(most of it except the robot designs)
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Have to echo what Falx said.

Also, Geneshaft was surprisingly good.
Neane

Postby blkmage » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1549786) wrote:I'm actually far more interested in these Code Geass OVAs, because they sound very 08th MS Teamish rather than the really dumb battles the CG got into after a few episodes(or, I guess really, by the second episode it was like tactics lol what are those we have better robot than them, therefore, we win), and I would hope that with only four episodes it won't have anything that I didn't like about the main series(most of it except the robot designs)

Yeah, iirc, the OVAs are supposed to be set in the European theatre which was apparently a lot more intense than the shenaningans happening over in Japan.
blkmage

Postby Maokun » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 pm

It's quite interesting to see how Code Geass can be so polarizing. I guess it's because it has a few really great things, a few really awful things and a loooot of stuff that can be great or awful depending on your own liking and expectations.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Second Season of Tiger & Bunny is Under Consideration.
Neane

Postby Cadence » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am

Looks like Mikanagi Touya's Karneval manga is getting an anime. This is equal parts =) and =( - it's a pretty good manga, but Comic Zero Sum titles have a history of crappy DEEN or J.C. Staff adaptions.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby Neane » Sat May 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Neane

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat May 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Neane (post: 1555467) wrote:[B]Steins] Movie Due in Autumn.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Neane (post: 1551287) wrote:Second Season of Tiger & Bunny is Under Consideration.
Could we get a source and link?
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Neane » Tue May 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Sure.

There are going to be some movies soon, anyway.

Also:

Sunrise Studios is going to animate Mayumura Taku's sci-fi juvenile novel "Nerawareta Gakuen" as a movie, the director will be Nakamura Ryosuke, the same guy who directed Mouryou no Hako and directed the last two episodes of the Aoi Bungaku Series and was also an Assistant Director of the anime Monster. There have already been a total of 4 live action series and two live action movies made from this novel since it was published in 1973.

Synopsis:
Abeno 6th Junior high school is a high-ranked school but the morals of the school begins to deteriorate due to the stressful atmosphere. A beautiful girl Takamizawa Michiru becomes the chairperson of the student council and she controls the school by force and brainwashing. Seki Koji, one of the students, opposes to her violent ruling but he finds there is a psychic boy, who pulls the strings from behind.
Neane

Postby airichan623 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Neane (post: 1549686) wrote:Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito will be a four episode film & OVA series, similar to the format for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. Each episode is about 50 minutes long and will be premiered every three months followed by the Blu-ray release. The first episode will be released early this summer.
Here is the Trailer.

[color="Red"]
[SIZE="7"]ZOMG CODE GEASS!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
[/color]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this for almost two years now I can't wait! I'm a HUGE Code Geass fan, so I've been keeping up to date on the progress of this show's production. And if you want anymore confirmation that this storyline will have little to no contact with the Code Geass: Lelouch story is the fact that this is going to be set between R1 and R2, when Lelouch has no memory. If anyone from the first series would appear, it would be Suzaku, since one of the R2 Picture Dramas tells us about his days in the Knights of the Round in Europe (we see him fighting in Europe in like the 3rd episode too). However, he definitely won't be a main character]Nunnally in Wonderland[/URL] OVA that will be coming out soon, as well as watching the musical (yes...there is a musical coming-LOL) On second thought...I'm not as excited now...it's an ALL MALE cast.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby softsubs » Sun May 20, 2012 12:20 pm

softsubs

Postby blkmage » Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Two excellent shoujo manga that I've been reading, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Sukitte Ii na yo, are getting animated. This pleased me with a depth that surprised me.
blkmage

Postby Maokun » Thu May 31, 2012 8:09 am

Fuse: A Girl Gunslinger's Detective Story is a novel by formerly light novel author, Kazuki Sakuraba of Gosick fame. It is getting an anime movie adaptation showing this autumn and it's looking quite slick. You can check the teaser here.

Maokun

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 am

The most exciting part about this to me is not that it was written by the Gosick guy(because I haven't seen Gosick), but that it is being directed by Miyaji Masayuki of Xam'd fame, and looking at the composer she has done a lot of good work, like the first FMA, Xam'd, and The Tatami Galaxy.

EDIT: JUST SAW THE TRAILER, WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT NEED NOW
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 pm

That looks good.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 am

Madhouse is doing a TV anime of some manga called Btooom!, which is basically Sword Art Online or .hack or whatever with some kid being trapped inside the game he's an ace at suddenly.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1565992) wrote:Madhouse is doing a TV anime of [SIZE="3"]Btooom![/SIZE],

[SIZE="7"]HELL YEAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Btooom! is Similar to Battle Royale in concept, but more interestingly done especially with all the different types of pim (bombs) that everyone has. I'd say it's a very good read with some nice interesting characters.
Neane

Postby Neane » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 am

TV Anime of Girl's Climbing Manga 'Yama no Susume' Announced.
The production studio is 8bit and it will be aired in 2013.

It is about two girls Aoi and Hinata, who climb a mountain to see the sunrise from the mountain top.

[spoiler]
I pray that it includes wonderful climbing experiences like cannibalism and having your toes fall off due to frostbite. And that one of the girls falls down a cliff and breaks her neck and thus becomes a quadriplegic and she would rather die then be bedridden for all her life and thus she begs her best friend to end her life. And her best friend is forced to obey her friend's wishes.[/spoiler]
Neane

Postby Neane » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Neane

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 am

The good guys win: Chihayafuru season 2 announced.
TheSubtleDoctor

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews