Dc Talk

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Dc Talk

Postby Gleph » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:32 am

Since i Met you was the first Christian song i heard (aside from Hymns) Actually, it was on a Vandread AMV, and had no clue that Dc Talk were christians, and that Since I Met You was directed towards God. But God used it anyway. heh.

This was about September or so last year. I've tried to find songs of theirs since i found out about them. Many favourites. But Red Letters, Jesus Freak, Supernatural, and Since I Met You have special significance to me.

I recently bought their Free at Last, Jesus Freak, Super Natural and Intermission Albums. All top stuff, and God's using them lots too. Bless him ^_^ I just started listening to Jesus Freak again recently. Great song.

So how do others feel about this band?

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Psycho Ann » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:58 pm

One of my fav bands ^^ I have the Supernatural and Intermission CDs. Recently their members are going solo right?
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:09 pm

There doing solo shots (me thinks its a money making thing, they will reform DC Talk and sell lots of CDs.) Into Jesus was the first Christian song I ever heard...so I will always be a fan of there early stuff...to be honost I kinda feel there selling out for cash...but I think a lot of Christian bands are doing this...so whatever...Not a big fan of solo shots other then Kevins...his was the best. Shrug, to each his own. Supernatural was a good cd.
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Jesus Freak was one of the first Christian rock songs I loved. Heh, I've been in the game a long time :P Lol.

My fave dc Talk album is um...prolly Jesus Freak. Good stuff, one of the first albums I bought...Free At Last and Supernatural are good too though.

I liked Kevin Max's solo stuff and Toby's too. :] Kevin is very talented, I wanna see more of his stuff.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:55 pm

Im doing an AMV to their song Jesus Freak ^_^
Jesus is comming soon! RUE? / F.K.A. KabinShushiSora
Jephtih Mullins

Postby Shinja » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:01 pm

yes i got to see DC talks last show togeather, and i got to bring home kevin max's water bottle, he threw it into the crowd half full and hit a girl in the face with it.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Gleph » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:53 pm

LOL. You make it sound intentional... I really like tobyMac. God's been blessing me with the songs on that album too.

I managed to get the limited edition Supernatural album with their signatures on it. It's all good ^^

Jesus Freak is great, too. I really like Mind's Eye and the end poem. Of course Jesus Freak is a cool song too. The whole CD is awesome :)

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Jimmothy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:02 pm

They used to be one of my fav. bands. I liked thier old stuff all the way to Welcome to the Freak Show. After that my music tastes changed so i don't listen to them any more.
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby Shinja » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:14 pm

Gleph wrote:LOL. You make it sound intentional...

nah it wasnt intentional, but it was rather a poor idea to throw a half full one in the crowd, plus he also chunked at least 1 full one. i just think its cool that i got the bottle that he actully hit some one in the face with. it makes an intersting conversation piece,
oh and she wasnt hurt either just surprised that she got hit by a water bottle.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Mineko » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:33 pm

heh, I don't get why excactly they throw their water bottles, but oh well.
I love dcTalk. They've got to be one of my all-time favorite bands. I was sad when they broke up. I really hope they get back together and SOON!
Mineko

Postby Christianotaku » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:51 am

i consider dctalk part of the christian music evolution (not sure if using the correct name but oh well XD)

first was early dctalk then they slipped out of popularity

then came newsboys and then they slipped out of popularity as dctalk released supernatural which is probably one of the best christian music albums of all time.

then P.O.D. came and ruled the christian rock music scene

so it a revoevolution
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby majanthehun » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:25 am

okay to clear up a few things-DC Talk has not split up, they're just doing their own thing (one of tobymac's lyrics says "somebody told me that your taking a break, a sabbatical from rhyming on the records that you make, a little birdy said that wasn't the case, blamed your exodus on DC partners Kevin and Tait" and then Toby says "hold up, i didn't say all that") theyr'e still a band.

i own a lot of their cd's -nu thang, free at last, jesus freak, supernatural, solo, and tobymac's momentum. ive also seen tait in concert and ive seen dc talk in concret.

i love dc talk! those guys are my fav.
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby naf26 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 pm

I just got Free At Last 10 year whatevuh thingy (that's not really what it's called, heh) and so that makes all of 'em for me! Well, excluding the singles and that obscure Christmas "Yo Ho Ho" thing they did in '88. I am glad they added to their style instead of either 1) keeping it exactly the same or 2) completely changing it. They're maturing, really. Good stuff. My fave band.
Hey, y'know, I was thinking how all of the Ninja Turtles have Renaissance artist names, so I made a yellow mask for myself and called myself Pablo (Picasso), the fifth TMNT! Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes!
naf26

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:47 pm

DC Talk first got me hooked to 'Christian music'. I'm not crazy about SuperNatural but I give them credit for all the masterpieces that they've ever produced. :) As about their so-called 'splitting', I kinda like their style when they're together rather than their solos...but of course, just me opinion..they're great either ways.
Mave

Return to Jam Session