The Dear Hunter -- Act III: Life and Death

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The Dear Hunter -- Act III: Life and Death

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:30 pm

OH MAN you guys. I am so excited. The full title, tracklisting, and release date have been announced for The Dear Hunter's new album! Obviously the full title is Act III: Life and Death, and the release date is June 23rd! Here's the tracklisting:

1. Writing on a Wall
2. In Cauda Venenum
3. What it Means to be Alone
4. The Tank
5. The Poison Woman
6. The Thief
7. Mustard Gas
8. Saved
9. He Said He Had A Story
10. This Beautiful Life
11. Go Get Your Gun
12. Son
13. Father
14. Life and Death

CAN. NOT. WAIT. I'm so freakin' stoked right now. XDD Discuss! 8D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:17 pm

I hate to say it but this is one band I've not been informed about but they're name is interesting and so is their tracklisting. ^_^ What kind of genre would they fall under?
yukoxholic

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 pm

I would put them under indie/rock, but I don't know much about genres. XD Basically, they can go under the genre of AMAZING and you can hear their music at http://purevolume.com/thedearhunter. Enjoy! 8D
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1306728) wrote:I would put them under indie/rock, but I don't know much about genres. XD Basically, they can go under the genre of AMAZING and you can hear their music at http://purevolume.com/thedearhunter. Enjoy! 8D

I had no idea Casey from TREOS was in that band. Now, I must check them out. Thanks!
yukoxholic

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Ahh yes!! TREOS is also amazing, but everything TDH has put out thus far has been so epic. I love Casey's voice so much. XD Glad you like 'em!

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Corrie, you got me totally hooked on them, and their album Act II is probably being played more than anything else right now...

I too am totally stoked for this release.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 am

Oh gosh I'm so excited. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Dude, that's a totally rad cover! I'm really excited for this.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 18, 2009 6:54 pm

HOLY DANG YOU GUYS THIS IS AMAZING.

New song up on MySpace, for one. It sounds incredible.

SECONDLY there is an amazing pre-order package for this thing. Observe:

- Embossed DVD Cover
- 32 Page Illustrated Color Booklet
- 14 Double Sided Postcards
- Autographed Poster

TRACK LISTING:
1. Writing on a Wall
2. In Cauda Venenum
3. What it Means to be Alone
4. The Tank
5. The Poison Woman
6. The Thief
7. Mustard Gas
8. Saved
9. He Said he Had a Story
10. This Beautiful Life
11. Go Get Your Gun
12. Son
13. Father
14. Life and Death

BONUS TRACKS
Track 15. Writing on a Wall (A Capella)
Track 16. Untitled 1
Track 17. Movement 1
Track 18. Movement 2

Holy crap. I'm so so so so so so so so stoked for this. XDD

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 am

The new song sounds pretty dang amazing!
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:00 pm

New song streaming from The Dear Hunter's AP.net profile called "The Tank:"

http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/showlink.php?do=showdetails&l=4103

It sounds so good. I can't figure out whether I'm anticipating this album or Showbread's new album more. XDD

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:19 pm

I just pre-ordered this cd...I didn't get the special edition though, because I don't have enough money to spare for it.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:09 am

I should be getting this any day now...Oh man, I'm excited.
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:28 am

MY PRE-ORDER CAME IN TODAY AAHHH. I can't wait to listen to it, but the illustrated storybook and postcards and signed poster are AWESOMEEEEE. Now I can't wait to go to work so I can pop it in my car. XDD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Doubletoast!

So Act III is obviously amazing. There's so much to listen to--I'm already hearing references in it from Act II (i.e., Mustard Gas uses some of the music from The Oracles on the Delphi Express! Also, Father references Vital Vessel Vindicates), which I think is amazing, especially considering Act II definitely has a lot of musical references to Act I. It got a glowing review from AP.net that I have to say I agree with pretty well (aside from his opinions of "Father" and "Life and Death," which I think are both amazing XD):

[quote="absolutepunk.net"]The Dear Hunter –]

Thoughts? I've been trying to get the time to go through the lyrics and decode what's written on the back of the last postcard. I'm also trying to figure out what the Latin phrase in the case means: "Sequor diversus tabellae ad tela." Any ideas?

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:36 pm

So I just got this in the mail today, and I must say...This CD will be getting a whole lot of playtime...So so good!
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 pm

I was always more prone to Casey's work in TREOS, but Dear Hunter is still amazing.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Return to Jam Session