Favorite album covers

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Favorite album covers

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:45 pm

What are your favorite album covers? I've attached some of mine to this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 pm

...Gosh, where to begin? XD

Here are a handful:

First is Lydia, from the album "Illuminate." I adore the art style, and it's got this amazingly melancholy feel to it. I just love it. XD

Next is LIGHTS, from her debut EP. The bold colors and the illustrative quality are awesome. XD It really matches the style of her music, and I also love that she drew it herself!

Next is "The Everglow" by Mae, original cover. All of the art in this album is spectacular, though. XD <333.

After that is mewithoutYou's "Brother, Sister." The album art is so detailed, but it doesn't look like it from a distance. Unfortunately you can't really see that from the thumbnail. XD

Next: "Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers and Other Short Stories" by Regina Spektor. I'm a huge fan of any illustrative album art, and this is a good example of that. XD

I have more, including Showbread's "Age of Reptiles," Explosions in the Sky's "All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone," The Decemberists' "The Crane Wife," Sherwood's "A Different Light," and Sufjan Stevens's "Come On! Feel the Illinoise!," but the last one I'll post is Five Iron Frenzy's "The End is Near/Here." So awesome. XD

I'm sure there are a lot more, but those are a few that always strike me when I see them. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Oh wow, I could go on for QUITE a while on a topic like this

Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd (This is actually the cover of the CD reissue, not the original cover graphic. I like this version better, though)

Relayer by Yes (Roger Dean dreams up some wild landscapes, but I usually don't like way he colors 'em. THIS is great, though)

Strange Days by The Doors (It's my favorite Doors album anyway, so I guess it figures I'd like the cover)

With The Beatles by The Beatles (I seem to swing between two extremes: lush, trippy excess and stark, iconic simplicity)

Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd. by The Monkees (see what I mean?)

Boston by Boston (Spaceships. Shaped like guitars. Attacking the Earth. What more do you need?)

That's far from all, but if I tried to list everything we'd be here a WHILE. Still, I have to toss this baby in:

Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 am

OK, some late entries I forgot are attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:23 pm

I can only think of one right now:
When I Am God. I didn't realize the message behind the cover until recently. It basically is showing when we try to play God, we just end up hurting everyone around us.
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby ich1990 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Hm, outside of what has already been posted in this thread I like Skillet's "Collide" album cover, lots of symbolism.

Disciple's "Scars Remain" is also very fitting.

Becoming the Archetype's "Terminate Damnation":

And Virgin Black has summarily awesome cover art:

I'll post more when I think of them.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby animaniac » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:30 pm

wooo i was hoping someone would post this XD
here is one and it may be my favorite O_O:rock:
:dance:i like bannas because they have no bones:dance:
animaniac

Postby Tancos » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:56 am

I once put together an identify-the-album quiz, which included many old favorites. Some other covers I like can be found here and here.
Tancos

Postby The Liar XIII » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Hmmm..

"Welcome to my Nightmare" by Alice Cooper

"Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd

"Metal Health" by Quiet Riot

Alternate "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC (BEST album by the band)

"Maximum XS" by Nazareth

"The Newz" by Nazareth

"Republic?" by sHEAVY

"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath

That's all that really comes to mind.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

The Oak Ridge Boys - Have Arrived

a-ha - Analogue

Herb Alpert - Rise
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Here's another batch of personal faves:

Revolver by The Beatles

In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson

Out of the Blue by The Electric Light Orchestra

Wow by Moby Grape

Supernatural Fairy Tales by Art

The Division Bell by Pink Floyd
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 15, 2009 1:24 am

I'll have to go looking through my CD booklets, but these were the ones that immediately came to mind:

Three Days Grace - One-X

Hanenone (Haibane Renmei Soundtrack)

Red - End of Silence

Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse

Linkin Park - Meteora
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Jam Session