The Chariot - Wars and Rumors of War

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The Chariot - Wars and Rumors of War

Postby Kkun » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Get stoked. Their new record drops 5/5/09.

I saw them play last week. They played Teach and Evolve and they were incredible. Evolve is up on their MySpace page. The Chariot has gotten HEAVIER. It's so killer.

Here's the tracklist. Discuss.

1. "Teach:"
2. "Evolve."
3. "Need:"
4. "Impress."
5. "Never I"
6. "Giveth"
7. "Abandon:"
8. "Daggers"
9. "Oversea"
10. "Mrs. Montgomery Alabama iii."
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:56 pm

I saw some live footage of them and they are Crazy!! The new CD sounds promising. Lots of good music coming this year.
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

They uploaded "Evolve."
http://www.myspace.com/thechariot
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Last time I listened to them, I couldn't stand the Chariot, but that was also back when I couldn't stand Norma Jean either. I'm gonna give them another listen, do they sound anything like NJ did back when Scogin was with them?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Kkun » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:24 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1304502) wrote:Last time I listened to them, I couldn't stand the Chariot, but that was also back when I couldn't stand Norma Jean either. I'm gonna give them another listen, do they sound anything like NJ did back when Scogin was with them?

The Chariot is and has been better than Norma Jean, even when Scogin was with them. : |
Kkun

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:36 pm

I don't know about that...I love almost everything about Norma Jean. Lyrics and song titles and music and everything. Of course, Chariot could be similar, haven't really given them another chance yet.

Although, from what I recall (and am hearing atm) I prefer NJ still because the vocals weren't as...prominent I guess the word would be. In Norma Jean it always seemed to me like the music dominated over the vocals slightly, whereas The Chariot had more of an influence on the vocals. Which, when I didn't like chaotic stuff, was terrible in my ears' opinion. Now idk.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Kkun » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:27 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1304510) wrote:I don't know about that...I love almost everything about Norma Jean. Lyrics and song titles and music and everything. Of course, Chariot could be similar, haven't really given them another chance yet.

Although, from what I recall (and am hearing atm) I prefer NJ still because the vocals weren't as...prominent I guess the word would be. In Norma Jean it always seemed to me like the music dominated over the vocals slightly, whereas The Chariot had more of an influence on the vocals. Which, when I didn't like chaotic stuff, was terrible in my ears' opinion. Now idk.

Hm. That would be interesting to see what you think now. I think Norma Jean has really gone downhill over the last few years, though. The Chariot, however, has remained pretty consistent, but I dig the chaos (I think they're more of a punk rock band at heart). I enjoy the fact that Scogin's vocals dominate because I think they're fantastic for heavy music. He has this grainy quality that sounds like it's been tampered with via computer, but it's all him.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 am

Well I listened to the song "Evolve" and I gotta say, I'm liking the new album!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Jam Session