Falling Up - Fangs

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Falling Up - Fangs

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 am

Anybody else excited for this release coming out March 24th? Here's the tracklisting.

01. The Colour Eoptian
02. Lotus And The Langourous
03. Streams Of Woe At Acheron
04. Magician Reversed
05. Golden Arrows
06. The King’s Garden
07. Panic And Geo-Primaries
08. The Moon And Sixpence
09. Goddess Of The Dayspring, Am I
10. The Sidewinder Flux
11. The Chilling Alpine Adventure
12. Swimming Towards Propellers

"The Goddess Of Dayspring, Am I." and "Streams Of Woe At Acheron" can be heard on their purevolume page here http://www.purevolume.com/fallingup

I'm really digging "Goddess."
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:38 am

Honestly, I haven't listened to Falling Up since Crashings which I thought totally sucked, but the fact that Casey Crescenzo is producing this makes me feel better about it. I kind of want to check it out now.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:52 pm

I enjoyed Crashings. But yeah Falling Up has always been one of those back-burner bands for me. I like them but they aren't too great. But "Captiva" was an extremely solid album and this seems to be building on that. I'm actually pretty excited for this one. You should listen to the two new tracks if you haven't yet.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Vocals are awful though.
I can't get into them.

I used to like one of their songs but I forget what it was called.

EDIT: The style on Fangs is a lot better than what they've done before and the vocals are much better than they were before.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Danderson » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:50 pm

I've been somewhat of a fan since their first album and have liked their progression since then....while not epic, I like just the type of stuff they've done in each album. This one looks like it could be just as good....

If I'm right, this whole album is based on a screenplay the lead singer wrote...so, yeah, it's one long story...But I like his compositions, and really hope one day he gets his dreams fulfilled when he gets to compose soundtracks....He said awhile back he really wanted to do that...
Danderson

Postby That Dude » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:58 am

Danderson (post: 1296441) wrote:I've been somewhat of a fan since their first album and have liked their progression since then....while not epic, I like just the type of stuff they've done in each album. This one looks like it could be just as good....

If I'm right, this whole album is based on a screenplay the lead singer wrote...so, yeah, it's one long story...But I like his compositions, and really hope one day he gets his dreams fulfilled when he gets to compose soundtracks....He said awhile back he really wanted to do that...

I'm like you, kinda been a fan since the start. They aren't the greatest or anything but still good, and they've gotten much better each album.

And yes this is a concept album. It's about a astronaught and his adventures in his planetary travels in a different star system. Or something along those lines.
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm still not a big fan of the newer stuff.
It's okay.
Much better than the older stuff.

At least they don't sound like the Jonas Brothers anymore (Escalates).
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 pm

I was stoked when I heard about this album. I've really liked the majority of Falling Up's stuff, but I think that's partially because they were the band that got me into Christian rock originally ("Broken Heart" specifically did), so I like them for that.

Haven't heard anything from Fangs yet, but I'm about to go check on their Myspace, I'm sure there's something there.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:39 pm

I gotta say, I just got this CD and it's probably the best release of 2009 as of yet.
That Dude

Return to Jam Session