Mannheim steamroller

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Mannheim steamroller

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am

A truly unique band they be. I like them though! Here's a few of my favorite songs from them.

Dancin' in the stars
Saras band
Toota lute

So yeah. Discuss I guess. Don't kill me if this isn't common procedure in this section.
Robin Firedrake

Postby ADXC » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:50 pm

My mom has some of his Christmas cds and they are just great! I enjoy listening to Manheim Steamroller.
ADXC

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm listening to midnight on a full moon right now. Sounds just vaguely creepy enough to send chills down my spine and make me REALLY want to somehow use it in a story.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:12 pm

I love Mannheim steamroller. They are wonderful. I absolutely love their Christmas CD, and their other stuff is amazing as well.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby KagayakiWashi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Mannheim Steamroller is/was one of my favorite bands. Fresh Aire I, II, III, IV, V, and VI are all great CDs. VII has a few good tracks, but it got into a weird style. VIII is OK too, but all the stuff since then has been weird electronic-driven music.....not the cool "Renaissance Rock n' Roll" that their style was. Same goes for their Christmas music. The first 3 CDs were really good....all the way through, but the fourth one....excluding "Hallelujah" and "Fum Fum Fum" just....I dunno. I think Chip's lost his touch.
I went to a Christmas concert a few years back and, while I enjoyed it, it felt like Chip was some kind of evil wizard taking the gifts the wisemen brought away from Jesus.
BUT ANYWAYS......
I HIGHLY recommend Fresh Aire I-VI to anyone....some of the best music I've ever listened to.....listened to them multiple times daily when I was finishing up highschool.
There's a boxset with all the Fresh Aire CDs in it. Quite expensive, but worth every penny.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:48 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1291946) wrote:Mannheim Steamroller is/was one of my favorite bands. Fresh Aire I, II, III, IV, V, and VI are all great CDs. VII has a few good tracks, but it got into a weird style. VIII is OK too, but all the stuff since then has been weird electronic-driven music.....not the cool "Renaissance Rock n' Roll" that their style was. Same goes for their Christmas music. The first 3 CDs were really good....all the way through, but the fourth one....excluding "Hallelujah" and "Fum Fum Fum" just....I dunno. I think Chip's lost his touch.
I went to a Christmas concert a few years back and, while I enjoyed it, it felt like Chip was some kind of evil wizard taking the gifts the wisemen brought away from Jesus.
BUT ANYWAYS......
I HIGHLY recommend Fresh Aire I-VI to anyone....some of the best music I've ever listened to.....listened to them multiple times daily when I was finishing up highschool.
There's a boxset with all the Fresh Aire CDs in it. Quite expensive, but worth every penny.

I haven't heard their 'newer' stuff. But I do like what I've heard
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Return to Jam Session