What albums are you looking forward to this year?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

What albums are you looking forward to this year?

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm sure 09 will have some great new releases coming, so what ones are you looking forward to?

Joy Electric - Early Cubism
August Burns Red: Lost Messengers-The Outtakes EP
Falling Up: Fangs
MxPx: On The Cover II
Switchfoot: untitled
As Cities Burn: Hell or High Water
The Chariot: Wars and Rumors of Wars
Living Sacrifice: untitled
mewithoutYou: it's all crazy! it's all false! it's all a dream! it's alright
Grammatrain: untitled
Skillet: untitled
Showbread: untitled
Project 86: untitled
Kevin Max: untitled
Blindside: untitled
Future Of Forestry: untitled
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Danderson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Red - Innocence and Instinct
One Minute Halo - Against the Grey
Falling Up - Fangs
And Demon Hunter might be coming out with something later this year....
Danderson

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm really looking forward to something new from Grammatrain. I was so excited to hear that they were back together after ten years of being disbanded.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby ich1990 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Definitely the new As Cities Burn album. Their first two were excellent.

Grammatrain's new cd looks sweet as well. Although I am a fairly new fan (I picked up their cds a couple of years ago) I am anticipating it.

Skillet seems to be on a winning streak lately, although all their cds are good. I hope they go with a more "Comatose" and "Rebirthing" sound than a "Those Nights" style.

I am curious to hear what Project 86 is going to be like. I didn't really care much for them until they put out Rival Factions, which was awesome.

and of course Showbread.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby The Liar XIII » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:59 pm

I heard Iron Maiden was working on a new album, so you can add that to my list.

Also, that fancy schmancy album of no-name artists covering Nazareth songs.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:20 am

Oh wow, I didn't know Future of Forestry had new stuff coming out! I'll definitely be looking into that! That said, I'm very interested in the new mewithoutYou and Showbread (which is actually going to be titlted "The Fear of God"). And I didn't know Project 86 had new stuff coming out, either. That'll be interesting to see.

I'm also really, really looking forward to the new stuff from The Dear Hunter. Act III is supposedly scheduled for release in 2009 and I can't wait to hear it. XD Thrice is apparently writing new stuff, too, and though I'm not sure when that'll be released, I'm very excited about it. I've also been keeping track of Mae's new project, The House That Fire Built. It seems good so far, so I'm looking forward to picking up the rest of the songs as they're released over the year.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kkun » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:56 am

Definitely new Switchfoot, Showbread's The Fear of God, the new mewithoutYou with the excessively long but great title, Saves the Day's Daybreak, Say Anything's self-titled, The Chariot's Wars and Rumor of Wars, and maybe even Thursday's new record provided it's good.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Thursday is making a new CD? Rad!
That Dude

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 pm

ich1990 (post: 1286502) wrote:Skillet seems to be on a winning streak lately, although all their cds are good. I hope they go with a more "Comatose" and "Rebirthing" sound than a "Those Nights" style.

:rock: My thoughts exactly.

Since I'm so far behind all the time, I don't often buy CDs when they actually come out. Thus, I'm excited for all the bands I like that are coming out with CDs, but the excitement won't really kick in until I actually buy them.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1286654) wrote:Oh wow, I didn't know Future of Forestry had new stuff coming out! I'll definitely be looking into that! That said, I'm very interested in the new mewithoutYou and Showbread (which is actually going to be titlted "The Fear of God"). And I didn't know Project 86 had new stuff coming out, either. That'll be interesting to see.

I'm also really, really looking forward to the new stuff from The Dear Hunter. Act III is supposedly scheduled for release in 2009 and I can't wait to hear it. XD Thrice is apparently writing new stuff, too, and though I'm not sure when that'll be released, I'm very excited about it. I've also been keeping track of Mae's new project, The House That Fire Built. It seems good so far, so I'm looking forward to picking up the rest of the songs as they're released over the year.

I totally forgot to mention that Brand New is coming out with a new album this year. Definitely looking forward to that!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kkun » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:09 pm

O YA. Brand New has a new record, too. Good golly, this will be a lovely year. mewithoutYou and Showbread releases typically coincide which is nice.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm looking forward to Showbread of course. Also, I can't wait for Oh, Sleeper's new CD coming this summer.
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:58 pm

I didn't know that Oh Sleeper was coming out with a new one.
That Dude

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Jordin Sparks
Alicia Keys (If she has an album release this year)
V3 (If they have an album release this year)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby RandomBurrito » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Cool, Falling Up is going to have a new album! I didn't know that.... looking forward to that one.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:47 am

Future Of Forestry, from the sounds of it they are going the multiple EP route. The first one has a kinda fourties style cover design and is named "Travel."

Copeland - The Grey Man EP

And Then There Were None - Who Speaks For Planet Earth?

The Drawing Room - s.t.

House Of Heroes - The Acoustic End EP
That Dude

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Lilac#18 (post: 1288566) wrote:Jordin Sparks
Alicia Keys (If she has an album release this year)
V3 (If they have an album release this year)

Also what I forgot about are:

Utada Hikaru english album this year in mar.
Nami Tamaki and Crystal Kay (If she has an album release this year)
Corbin Bleu
Maybe Leona Lewis (Depends if her next album is clean)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Return to Jam Session