Roleplayers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Roleplayers

Postby Kingdom » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:34 am

Hello everyone in the Role playing community!

I am brand spanking new! And my bottom is totally red! :grin:

Purpose? Do I need one?
Only kidding the reason for this is post is strickly for me and
some newbies to understand what's going on with this part
of CAA Forums! I am interested in getting involved in ROLEPLAY.

So this is for the people that have information on what's going
on in these forums! Would love to help out as well!

So please post and give me a little insight on what's going on.
Thank you

*NOTE: If you play games please let me know! thanks!
Kingdom

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Hello! I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but as a somewhat seasoned regular in the RP section, I'd love to let you know what happens.

First, any new RP ideas are posted in the New RPG Ideas subforum. It is aptly named. In these threads, the GM (game master, I guess) uses the first post (or two) to explain the premise of their RP. Then, people post their bios, usually using a pre-made template provided by the GM. Some RPs are closed to new applicants or invitation only, so look out for that, usually at the top of the first post, and don't post if they are. If you absolutely have to be in said RP, you can PM the GM.

So, now you've posted your bio and you're in an RP. One of two things can happen... If it's a new RP, you have to wait until the GM PMs a Mod and gets the thread started in the Main Roleplay subforum. Usually, the GM posts first to get the story going. If you've applied to an RP already in progress, you can post anytime, but it's usually good "etiquette" to read the whole thread start to finish or at least get the important stuff from another RPer.

On CAA, here are how most of the RPGs work: They are not real time. People post when they find time and some RPs move faster than others depending on who is in the RP. A majority of the posts are written in prose, and so RPing here on CAA is a lot like writing one big story with a lot of other people. There's basic rules, usually outlined in every GM's first post, but generally there is no godmoding (If you don't know what this is, my personal favorite godmoding explanation site is here). You can check out CAA's official rules for every RP in the Main Roleplay section under the stickied thread titled: "How to get you RP approved." Depending on who you're RPing with, some people may prefer that you always type in full sentences, and not use other writing styles such as:

Character: Hello. (thinks) This is weird

"Hello." *Character moves across the room* *thinks: this is weird*

[color="Red"]Hello.[/color] [color="Green"]Character walked across the room.[/color] [color="DarkSlateBlue"]This is weird.[/color]

Or, you know, any other combination... But in other RPs, that's fine. You kinda have to feel your way with the whole acceptable grammar thing.

Anyways, that's pretty much the gist of it. I hope that made sense, and if you like RPing I'd love to see you around the boards!
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kingdom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Kawaiikneko (post: 1200809) wrote:Hello! I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but as a somewhat seasoned regular in the RP section, I'd love to let you know what happens.

First, any new RP ideas are posted in the New RPG Ideas subforum. It is aptly named. In these threads, the GM (game master, I guess) uses the first post (or two) to explain the premise of their RP. Then, people post their bios, usually using a pre-made template provided by the GM. Some RPs are closed to new applicants or invitation only, so look out for that, usually at the top of the first post, and don't post if they are. If you absolutely have to be in said RP, you can PM the GM.

So, now you've posted your bio and you're in an RP. One of two things can happen... If it's a new RP, you have to wait until the GM PMs a Mod and gets the thread started in the Main Roleplay subforum. Usually, the GM posts first to get the story going. If you've applied to an RP already in progress, you can post anytime, but it's usually good "etiquette" to read the whole thread start to finish or at least get the important stuff from another RPer.

On CAA, here are how most of the RPGs work: They are not real time. People post when they find time and some RPs move faster than others depending on who is in the RP. A majority of the posts are written in prose, and so RPing here on CAA is a lot like writing one big story with a lot of other people. There's basic rules, usually outlined in every GM's first post, but generally there is no godmoding (If you don't know what this is, my personal favorite godmoding explanation site is here). You can check out CAA's official rules for every RP in the Main Roleplay section under the stickied thread titled: "How to get you RP approved." Depending on who you're RPing with, some people may prefer that you always type in full sentences, and not use other writing styles such as:

Or, you know, any other combination... But in other RPs, that's fine. You kinda have to feel your way with the whole acceptable grammar thing.

Anyways, that's pretty much the gist of it. I hope that made sense, and if you like RPing I'd love to see you around the boards!

Hey, *tilts his head in question*

Seasoned as in you come and go? But none the less you are a Regular and would love to chat about how I can get started! I will surely make sure to read how things are done and I have no problem adapting to your RP style if there is a huge difference. Which I doubt there really is. I sortof enjoy that style that you described anywhoo! So I don't think I will have any problems here. Wondering what kind of RP you all like to set up.?
Meaning your settings and what not! Perhaps I should just go look!
Thank you again! talk to you soon!
Kingdom

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying