Street Fighter: The 2nd Movie.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Street Fighter: The 2nd Movie.

Postby CAAOutkast » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:39 am

Does anyone here have any info regarding the 2nd American-Made Street Fighter Movie? because I heard they were making one.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Saj » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:19 am

Ive heard about it. no details tho. I hope they dont make it. the first one was horrible, and everyone knows sequels are worse then the movie before it.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:55 am

Didn't that have Jean Claude Van Damme in it?
mitsuki lover

Postby CAAOutkast » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Yeah, he played Guile. The Second Movie is supposed to Focus mostly on Chun-li.

Here is an Article I've found:

IGN: October 30, 2006 - A new Street Fighter movie is coming! Forget about the silliness of the 1994 film version that starred Jean-Claude Van Damme, Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom are teaming up to produce a new flick based on the classic fighting videogame.
Variety scoops that screenwriter Justin Marks has been asked to pen the script for the movie which will reportedly center around the game's prolific female fighter, Chun Li. As you might expect, the other details of the story are being kept secret.

Marks recently finished writing the screenplay for another project that will likely get fanboys excited, a movie based on the popular 1980s toy line and cartoon series, Voltron: Defender of the Universe.

According to Variety, Street Fighter is set for a 2008 release; that happens to be the 20th anniversary of the videogame franchise.

Fans of the franchise may remember persistent rumors from recent years about a new Street Fighter film in development with Dolph Lundgren and Van Damme. There was some additional buzz that Australian actress Holly Valance (DOA) would star -- she might not make a bad Chun Li. However, this news appears unrelated to those rumors and should put them to rest once and for all.
CAAOutkast

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:27 pm

I have been enjoying the anime version on Ani-Monday on Sci Fi.
Chun Li so far has been the only major female character but now they just introduced Cammy White in the last episode yesterday.
mitsuki lover

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Street Fighter 2V Rocks, Just Like Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. I also liked the American Cartoon{it was far better than the movie}. Street Fighter the Movie was good,but the title is misleading, It's just not a Real Street Fighter Movie.
CAAOutkast

Postby ilikegir33 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Hey, it's better than the first Street Fighter movie. That was bad. I want this movie to be like Street Fighter 2-V, because I liked that as well, and Street Fighter Alpha The Movie.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:24 am

The 2 Alpha movies were really un-needed{plus,i didn't like them that much}. In fact,the Only reason why Street Fighter II:The Animated Movie and Street Fighter 2V were made is because the SF fans were disappionted with their American Counterparts. If the Movie and the Cartoon series were made abit better,than SF2V and SF2:TAM wouldn't even exist. That goes Octuple for the Rockman EXE Anime{as well as it's un-needed sequal 'ryuusei no rockman'}. If the Mega Shows stuck to the games like they were supposed to,there wouldn't be an EXE anime.

Just for the Record I Like the Mega Shows and the SF Cartoon, but I also like SF2V and SF2:TAM.
CAAOutkast

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:47 am

I think I caught a bit of the first movie when it was on tv a long time ago.
I thought the short lived live action Mortal Kombat series was better.
mitsuki lover

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:16 am

The Live Action Movie was good,too bad it wasn't a Real Street Fighter Movie.

Quick SF Facts:

-Street Fighter 2V wasn't EVER supposed to be made,but due to the SF fans not being totally satisfied with the American cartoon, Japan made the SF2V series to give the fans what they originally wanted. The Same thing goes for the Street Fighter 2: Animated Movie. Japan was Forced to make it due to the American Movie being Un-Street Fighter-like.

-Both Street Fighter Alpha Movies Lacked M.Bison{vega to you anti-american SF fans}

-Ryu's Unofficial last name is Hoshi.

-In the Street Fighter Alpha Series, Ken's hair ribbons are Ryu's future headbands.

-Chun-Li's Unofficial last name is Xiang.

-Chun-Li is the First Lady of Street Fighting. meaning she was the 1st female in fighting game history.

-Guile's best bud is Lt. Charlie Nash,USAF. Nash was killed by Bison{vega to you anti-american SF fans}

-Cammy was once the Leader of Bison's{vega's} Psycho Dolls,as well as Shadowloo's greatest female Assassain.

-Ken Masters belongs to the 5th richest family in the World.

-Akuma's real name was Gouki.

-Akuma and Gouken are Brothers.

-Gouken was Ryu and Ken's Teacher[sensei], who was later killed by Akuma.

-After Bison and Co. were terminated for good,Gill and his Goon's took their place.

-Hugo Andore,Cody,Guy,Sodom,and Rolento were Final Fight Characters that crossed-over to the Street Fighter Games.

-Although Street Fighter was the first game in the series,it was Street Fighter 2 that made the series popular.

-Dan Hibiki sometimes reminds people of Jackie Chan.

-Although Gill is way stronger than Bison{vega},Bison is way eviler[thus making him a better villian].

-Sagat lost his Eye in a fight with Go Hibiki,Dan's Father. Later, Sagat Kills Hibiki.

- Sagat recived a huge chest scar when he was Dragon Punched by Ryu at the 1st tournament. Soon after the tournament, Sagat Joined Shadawloo.

- Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 3 are the Best Street Fighter games around.

- The PS1 version of Street Fighter:The Movie was the Worst Street Fighter game ever.

- Mike Haggar stared in his own Game, Saturday Night Slam Masters.

- SFEX series failed Almost as bad as the Street Fighter Movie Game.
CAAOutkast

Postby josh_manga » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm

the first one was horrible, and everyone knows sequels are worse then the movie before it.

Not completely true, Aliens was better than Alien, and Alien Resurrection was better than Alien 3. But that's somewhat subjective...

Personally, i think Street Fighter should stay anime. And besides if they made a movie, it should rightly follow Ryu and Ken, more specifically Ryu. It should cover all the little points of his character and origins that are in the comics and anime show that i missed because i don't watch TV and missed the comics so i can see it on screen. ;-)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
http://lunamothmusicalentity.bandcamp.com/ http://smithcreations.webs.com/ http://www.scytherpg.webs.com/
Take off every sig, for great justice!
God bless us, everyone.
j.smith.
josh_manga

Postby josh_manga » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:51 pm

Because it's all about me....

"riiiiiight" -God
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
http://lunamothmusicalentity.bandcamp.com/ http://smithcreations.webs.com/ http://www.scytherpg.webs.com/
Take off every sig, for great justice!
God bless us, everyone.
j.smith.
josh_manga

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:57 pm

I agree. Street Fighetr is best served by animation
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby CAAOutkast » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:51 am

I think street fighter should get a fresh new look, I'm sick to near death of shoto-clones. It's time for a New Hero or Heroine to become the main character. Also we need DBZ like action.
CAAOutkast

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Christisright wrote:Also we need DBZ like action.

No, we do not.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:No, we do not.

ha ha! anyways, i have seen the first Street Fighter live-action and it was down right pitiful. if they really are gonna make a second live-action movie, then they better not screw up. though i don't know how they CAN'T not screw up.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Actually, I'm all for a Street Fighter film, provided they keep is sufficiently over-the-top. What little I've seen of the original movie, they took themselves way to seriously. I think a Street Fighter movie would do a whole lot better if they simply accepted their own absurdities and roll with the punches. Could make for a very good campy, action-filled summer hit.

Oh, yeah, and don't make Dhalsim a hapless scientist this time.
Fish and Chips

Postby Ingemar » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm

The first Street Fighter movie killed Raul Julia. Yes, that was his last film in this short, cruel life. The sheer suckitude must have asphyxiated him.

And JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME, for Pete's sake! The Earth can do without another reeking failure.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:05 am

I think some stories are better left to methods other than live-action, frankly. Can you imagine some of Chun-Li's more unrealistic attacks portrayed in live-action? That would be corny. If done with animation, however, it makes more sense.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby CAAOutkast » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 am

Well Crapcom Can pull a Megaman and Create Some New Street Fighter Series.
CAAOutkast

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:38 pm

Hm! I heard Bison's Japanese name was Balrog...How very odd.

a Chun-Li based Street Fighter movie! Awesome! Who wants to see Ryu, Ken, and FREAKING AKUMA in a life or death battle when we can see a Chinese girl yell "Spinning Star Kick!"

Seriously, Why must people be so stupid? Ryu and Ken are the clinch pin of the Street Fighter Series, why must they treat them as unwanted side characters, That place is taken by Blanca.

And on the anime SF note.

I found Street Fighter Alpha to be VERY anti-climatic. The last fight was like going to a Street Fighter tournament and seeing all these great players fight only to see the last match deduced to two characters throwing hadouken after hadouken hoping that the other will make a mistake and get hit.
Solid Ronin

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Solid Ronin wrote:Hm! I heard Bison's Japanese name was Balrog...How very odd.

a Chun-Li based Street Fighter movie! Awesome! Who wants to see Ryu, Ken, and FREAKING AKUMA in a life or death battle when we can see a Chinese girl yell "Spinning Star Kick!"

Seriously, Why must people be so stupid? Ryu and Ken are the clinch pin of the Street Fighter Series, why must they treat them as unwanted side characters, That place is taken by Blanca.

And on the anime SF note.

I found Street Fighter Alpha to be VERY anti-climatic. The last fight was like going to a Street Fighter tournament and seeing all these great players fight only to see the last match deduced to two characters throwing hadouken after hadouken hoping that the other will make a mistake and get hit.

Bison's Japanese name is Vega. Ken and Ryu aren't the only Capcom heroes to get the shaft,Rock Light aka The Original Megaman gets the shaft all the time. His baby brother and his 5 spin-off counterparts are more favored then he is...Even though without Rock,The Megaman Series wouldn't even exist.

The 2 Alpha Movies were unneeded {esecially the 2nd alpha movie}.
CAAOutkast

Postby The Liar XIII » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:10 pm

If they are gonna make a sequel.. They better make it actually good, and they HAVE to put Akuma in it.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:13 pm

I'm not sure this movie could get much lower than the original, but I suspect it could be made worse. I've seen some amazingly bad movies, and the first SF was near the top of my list.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Christisright wrote:Bison's Japanese name is Vega. Ken and Ryu aren't the only Capcom heroes to get the shaft,Rock Light aka The Original Megaman gets the shaft all the time. His baby brother and his 5 spin-off counterparts are more favored then he is...Even though without Rock,The Megaman Series wouldn't even exist.

The 2 Alpha Movies were unneeded {esecially the 2nd alpha movie}.

The Second...Are you talking about "Generations", I prefer that one over the first. The best anime is The original movie no doubt, But I like The Alpha (Both) Character designs more. The original didn't look bad but Ryu looked overly muscular at times.
Solid Ronin

Return to General Entertainment