What are the greatest movies of all time?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby For_Him » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:30 pm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Young Frankenstein
Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Blazing Saddles
Monty Python And the Holy Grail
Liar Liar
Princess Bride
Star Wars Original Trilogy
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Highlander
Red Dawn
LadyHawke
The Transformers: The Movie (1987)
Transformers (2007)
Gremlins 2
Tron
Dragonheart
Fanal Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Wayne's World
Any movie with Bruce Lee
Blood of the Dragon (Thats what the movie is titled, but the box that it's in is titled "Blood of the Ninja". It's not a ninja film, but it should've been)
The Great Challenge (it's a Parkour film with martial arts that was made by the French. It's about some friends who go to Hong Kong, but they find themselves in the middle of a gang war between the Chinese Triad and the Japanese Yakuza. Awesome movie)
Home Alone 1 & 2
The Terminator
Tokyo Godfathers
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
Pirates of the Carribean
Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie
The Ride
Epic Movie (the rated version)
Volcano High

And the one that should never be forgotten:
The Greatest Story Ever Told

Does anybody want a peanut?
Brother of Sparx00.

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: BCMac87

[SIZE="4"]My YouTube Channel[/SIZE]
For_Him

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:34 am

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:21 am

In no particular order....

The Lord of the Rings movies - Probably the best bit of movie fanfiction I've ever seen
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc. - I grew up with these movies, and I find that I can still go back and love them, if mainly because the song lyrics are incredibly witty *goes off humming "Under the Sea"*
Vertigo, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Rear Window - The best Hitchcock movies I've seen; very well-directed and well-acted
Wait Until Dark (starring Audrey Hepburn) - The best movie about a blind person I've ever seen
Court Jester (starring Danny Kaye) - I don't think I've ever seen a movie where I've laughed more
Jumanji - Freaked me out when I saw it on the dinkiest TV you can imagine, with horrible speakers (the mark of a good movie, I'd say)
I, Robot - The movie that made me a Will Smith fangirl ^^'
The Pursuit of Happyness - Will Smith and his son both did an excellent job with this one
The Last Samurai - Good acting, great action, unbelievably tragic, and it showed me a different way to look at suicide
Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., etc. - Absolutely awesome movies; they're hilarious, yet they all make me tear up, and they teach valuable lessons as well
Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, etc. - I probably don't need to say why XP
Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade - Astonishingly tragic, while rambling off onto fairy tale tangents
Oliver Twist (newest version) - Great adaptation; most of the people and places looked exactly the way I'd imagined them from the book
Sense and Sensibility (starring Emma Thompson) - I haven't read the book, but I could tell it was a great adaptation anyway XD Thompson's amazing
The Mark of Zorro (starring Tyrone Power) - Classic, and much better than any adaptations they ever made later
Air Bud (the first one) - Made me cry buckets; in my opinion it's the best dog story ever (sorry, Lassie)
Saving Private Ryan - Man, was that intense!!! I don't think I'll ever look at war the same :wow!:
It's A Wonderful Life - Self-explanatory
Sixth Sense - Amazing acting; a classic horror movie (I guess)
Signs - I actually like it better than Sixth Sense, mainly because of Graham's journey of faith, and it gave me nightmares for a week :evil:
The Village - Great acting, my favorite movie romance, heart-throbbingly beautiful music
Amazing Grace - I don't know how historically accurate it is (history's not my strong point), but I thought the movie itself was handled well, and I love the hymn it's based around
The Matrix (first one; I haven't seen the others) - Original idea, exciting action, succeeded in simultaneously confusing me and freaking me out at the beginning
X-Men (first one; I haven't seen the others) - Great acting on the part of Hugh Jackman, cool story and action
Batman Begins - Best superhero movie EVER!!! Christian Bale is an awesome actor :cool:
Treasure Island (starring Christian Bale and Charleton Heston) - The best movie version of the story (other than Treasure Planet, perhaps) - plus, the music is done by The Chieftains (I think) :rock:
Bridge to Terabithia (newest version, if there were any others) - I think this is the best book-to-movie adaptation ever. It's even better than LotR, I think. I'm a total fan of Josh Hutcherson now, too XD
The Fountain - The most abstractly confusing movie I've ever seen, and the only movie I haven't been able to fully understand, yet enjoyed at the same time

...I think that's enough to be getting on with for now :sweat:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:25 pm

No particular order here...

Napoleon Dynamite-Very funny and sympathetic...I can totally relate to Napoleon.

300-Saw it with my folks, but ran out during s*x scenes. Best visual effects since...when?

Batman Begins-Great superhero flick

Hoodwinked-Our entire family loves this movie. It's a cleaner Shrek, but it's still good.

Every Pixar Film from Toy Story to Ratatouille-I totally grew up watching these movies, and I still watch each annual one.

Harry Potter series-Amazing.

Grave of the Fireflies-Made me sob, but it's still the best WWII film ever made.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Previous

Return to General Entertainment