College Football 07!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

College Football 07!!

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 pm

College Football starts in a week so I figured this would be a good time to post this. For me this offseason has been long and rather rollercoasterish...but it is almost over, which is a good thing seeing as how my anticipation for this season is through the roof. Anyway, I have once again created a pick'em group for CAA members only. Here's what you need to know to join-

Name-CAA pick'em
password-blah
ID#-24006
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/createjoin

To join, click on the link and then click on join existing group, then join private group. Then enter the group ID# and password in the respective slots. Also, please tell me what you've chosen as your pick sets name so that I can do weekly updates. (Note: You need to register for or have a Yahoo ID to play.).PM me if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby meboeck » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:12 pm

I'm in of course.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Yay! I just hope that this won't end up like this years Tourney Pick'em...just me and you duking it out for CAA bragging rights and sports knowledge supremacy...in other words...if your looking at this thread...JOIN!!!! Please...

Peanut

Postby marty » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm

I dont understand foot ball see im not even smat enough to know its only 1 word what is this forum comming to
................... ............. /' /)
................./´ /)........./¯ //
..............,/¯// ......... /...//
............./...//. ......./¯ //
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\
(copy and paste this into your sig if you are a DiEhArD rocker :rock: )

[color="red"]M[/color]C[color="Red"]R[/color] [color="Red"]F[/color]a[color="red"]M[/color]o[color="red"]U[/color]s [color="red"]L[/color]a[color="Red"]S[/color]t [color="red"]W[/color]o[color="red"]R[/color]d[color="red"]S[/color]
[color="Magenta"][color="Red"] Now I know,
That I can't make you stay.
But where's your heart?
But where's your heart?
But where's your,

And I know.
There's nothing I can say.
To change that part.
To change that part.
To change.

So many,
Bright lights they cast a shadow,
But can I speak?
Well is it hard understanding,
I'm incomplete?
A life that's so demanding,
I get so weak.
A love that's so demanding,
I can't speak.

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey if you stay I'll be forgiven,
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

Can you see?
My eyes are shining bright,
'Cause I'm out here, on the other side,
Of a jet black hotel mirror,
And I'm so weak.
Is it hard understanding?
I'm incomplete.
I get weak.

These bright lights have always blinded me.

I say.

I see you lying next to me,
With words I thought I'd never speak,
Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

'Cause I see you lying next to me,
Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.

Asleep, or dead...

Nothing you can say can stop me going home.[/color][/color]
[color="Red"][SIZE="7"]
why did the bump thread have to go[/SIZE][/color]
marty

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 pm

...I said please...actually I was just joking in my last post, you don't have to join...it's just I really really hope this will be more like last years college football thread and less like the tourney pick'em we did earlier this year...anyway, you don't have to really know anything about football to join. You could always create a "coin" bracket where you make your picks based off of a coin flip and just see how you do.

Peanut

Postby marty » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:06 pm

kk ill try that
................... ............. /' /)
................./´ /)........./¯ //
..............,/¯// ......... /...//
............./...//. ......./¯ //
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\
(copy and paste this into your sig if you are a DiEhArD rocker :rock: )

[color="red"]M[/color]C[color="Red"]R[/color] [color="Red"]F[/color]a[color="red"]M[/color]o[color="red"]U[/color]s [color="red"]L[/color]a[color="Red"]S[/color]t [color="red"]W[/color]o[color="red"]R[/color]d[color="red"]S[/color]
[color="Magenta"][color="Red"] Now I know,
That I can't make you stay.
But where's your heart?
But where's your heart?
But where's your,

And I know.
There's nothing I can say.
To change that part.
To change that part.
To change.

So many,
Bright lights they cast a shadow,
But can I speak?
Well is it hard understanding,
I'm incomplete?
A life that's so demanding,
I get so weak.
I can't speak.

Can you see?
My eyes are shining bright,
'Cause I'm out here, on the other side,
Of a jet black hotel mirror,
And I'm so weak.
Is it hard understanding?
I'm incomplete.
I get weak.

I say.

I see you lying next to me,
Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.
Asleep, or dead.

Awake, and unafraid.

Asleep, or dead...

Nothing you can say can stop me going home.[/color][/color]
[color="Red"][SIZE="7"]
why did the bump thread have to go[/SIZE][/color]
marty

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 pm

marty wrote:kk ill try that

Cool I look forward to seeing what the coin tells us...and I would just like to go on record as saying that I kind of hope that we all loose to this bracket because...well...that would just be hilarious...anyway, I was digging up a few things and found this from last year so, in hopes of starting up a conversation, I'm going to quote my final thoughts from last season and well...talk about them...I guess...

-Bobby Petrino has left for the NFL along with Michael Bush, Urutia, and Douglass...so essentially Louiville has lost four of the big reasons they won the Big East, and they might loose a fifth. I really see little reason for Brohm to stay and if he does...well...it will be an interesting season. Honestly I'm more suprised the Bush is leaving instead of Brohm, I think the NCAA was going to let him stay as a fifth year senior since he got injured so early in the year and well...I thought it wouldn't be a bad move for him to return. Brohm I also see little reason to stay, I don't think Louisville will have a shot at winning a National Title next year but I could be wrong.

:rant:Ok...can somebody tell me why Brohm turned down being the number one pick in the NFL to return for another year of college. I mean, sure, he still has Urutia and Douglass and Kagglethorpe's schemes aren't much different from Petrino's (supposedly). But I seriously doubt that Louisville is going to win a National Title this year. Why? Well check this out, Louisville has back to back road games to WVU and USF respectively. The last time the went on the road to both of these schools, they lost against both of them. Also, remember what happen to Petrino and the Cards last year when they played WVU and Rutgers back to back? Yeah, they lost to one of them. To be quite honest I doubt that even Petrino could manuver Louisville through this road trip without losing at least one game and I don't think Kagglethorpe will do much better...and sadly, losing a game in the big east means you've lost your shot at the National Title. So, Brohm...What were you thinking?

-Despite all that has happened...I still think USC is over rated...please feel free to call me a stubborn fool...

After much thought and reading of Phil Steele's College Football Preview magizine...I take back what I said about USC...they aren't overated, they are the best team in the country and they deserve to be the preseason #1. With that being said, I don't think they will win that National Title. They will get there, probably, thanks to a tough schedule (Phil Steele ranks it as the #2 toughest schedule in the country) and talent. But, everyone is picking them to win and if they get there it really won't matter who is facing them, every expert out there is going to call for USC to win the National Title. This is the perfect set up for an upset/let down, and I think that USC will fall to either WVU, VT, LSU, or some other big named team which has a shot at getting to the National Title game.

-South Florida is a Dark Horse in the Big East...don't be surprised if they win the Big East next year. They play great defense and so far, Slaton has yet to have a big game against them (and that's saying something).

We will find out if I am correct about this on Sep. 8 when USF goes on the road to face Auburn. If they beat Auburn or do very well against them then the skies the limit. With that being said, it isn't going to be easy for them. Rutgers, Louisville, and WVU aren't going to overlook this team at all so they are going to have to outplay them if they want to get out of the big east alive.

-The SEC still doesn't have a dominate team. That's not really a bad thing but it also isn't a good thing. Sure the Gators won the National Title game but we aren't even 100% sure they played the best team in the nation...well...we aren't 100% sure now...

I still agree with this(sort of) but I think I need to clarify this a little bit. The SEC doesn't have a dominate team because all of their teams are really quite good. They have the most depth out of any conference and that allows for a lot of parody. LSU though, might emerge this year as the dominate team in the SEC. They have both offensive and defensive talent.

Questions:
-Was this year just a one time thing for Rutgers?

Losing Leonard will hurt but I think Rutgers will once again surprise a lot of people this year and finish second in the big east, beating out both USF and Louisville. Oh, and they will get to a BCS bowl.

-Who will win the Heisman?

John David Booty is the early favorite but I have a feeling that when the dust clears, Patrick White is going to win the Heisman with both his legs and his arm.

-How long until the BCS dies?

I'm quite pleased to announce that the death of the BCS is comming. The NCAA is working on a Plus 1 system to take it's place...sure...it isn't a March Madness clone, but at least it will be better then the system in place.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:39 pm

Peanut wrote::rant:Ok...can somebody tell me why Brohm turned down being the number one pick in the NFL to return for another year of college. I mean, sure, he still has Urutia and Douglass and Kagglethorpe's schemes aren't much different from Petrino's (supposedly). But I seriously doubt that Louisville is going to win a National Title this year. Why? Well check this out, Louisville has back to back road games to WVU and USF respectively. The last time the went on the road to both of these schools, they lost against both of them. Also, remember what happen to Petrino and the Cards last year when they played WVU and Rutgers back to back? Yeah, they lost to one of them. To be quite honest I doubt that even Petrino could manuver Louisville through this road trip without losing at least one game and I don't think Kagglethorpe will do much better...and sadly, losing a game in the big east means you've lost your shot at the National Title. So, Brohm...What were you thinking?

Brohm likes playing at Louisville and his family has football ties with that school.

He was on TV a few weeks ago and he wasn't upset that Petrino left and he just wants finish up at Louisville, before moving on to the NFL.

The best reason why to stay. Why waste your time playing for Oakland, when you can have fun in college one more year, then playing at quarterback killer U, (aka: Oakland).

[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:53 am

Roy Mustang wrote:Brohm likes playing at Louisville and his family has football ties with that school.

He was on TV a few weeks ago and he wasn't upset that Petrino left and he just wants finish up at Louisville, before moving on to the NFL.

The best reason why to stay. Why waste your time playing for Oakland, when you can have fun in college one more year, then playing at quarterback killer U, (aka: Oakland).

[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]

Good point...but, why risk injury which could ruin your shot at making it in the NFL when your team probably won't win a National title? Besides, if he had to he could have pulled an Eli and just demanded a trade from Oakland to anywhere else. Sure, the fans in Oakland would hate him, but he wouldn't be stuck in Oakland.

Anyway, Roy are you in this year?

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 pm

Peanut wrote:Good point...but, why risk injury which could ruin your shot at making it in the NFL when your team probably won't win a National title? Besides, if he had to he could have pulled an Eli and just demanded a trade from Oakland to anywhere else. Sure, the fans in Oakland would hate him, but he wouldn't be stuck in Oakland.

True, that is the only downside of him staying. I just have this odd and really dumb feeling that Brohm hopes that Atlanta will draft him and maybe why he stayed.

I think he felt that way, before all that has taken place in Atlanta right now with the QB problem. I just wonder if he feels that he should have went on to the NFL now, in hopes that he could have got traded to Atlanta.

Anyway, Roy are you in this year?

Yeah, I'm in. I'm going to sign up later today.

[color="Red"]

[font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:35 pm

Roy Mustang wrote:I think he felt that way, before all that has taken place in Atlanta right now with the QB problem. I just wonder if he feels that he should have went on to the NFL now, in hopes that he could have got traded to Atlanta.

That's funny...I have actually been thinking the same thing. Of course who can blame him, any college quaterback in his position probably would want to be drafted by the team that their former coach was now coaching.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:10 am

On another note:

I'm glad the NCAA went back and change the clock rules.

I just wonder how kicking off from the 30 will change the game.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:59 am

Go ahead and count me in this year. Hopefully I won't forget to pick, like I did last year. >.>;;
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:24 pm

Alright, is it too late to sign-up? And regardless, could we talk football here? I need someone to mull over things with, such as when Notre Dame entered the Twilight Zone, and some non-biased opinions on the SEC schools.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby termyt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:25 am

This is a good place to talk about such things.

I'll try not to laugh when anyone mentions Notre Dame.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:20 pm

College football thread, huh? This should be interesting. *sits back to watch*

I'd like to mention my team in passing, but I can't for fear of giving away my location.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Ack!All of my favorite teams are headed toward the trash bin again!
Both Washington schools lost(at least the Huskies WERE in the game)
the only good news for me is that Iowa actually won!
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:57 pm

Cal (No. 2) lost yesterday to Oregon State!!
LSU (No. 1) lost yesterday to Kentucky!! and they went into TRIPLE OVERTIME!!!!
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby termyt » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 am

Yeah, the LSU Kentucky game was fun to watch - possible more so since I was rooting for Kentucky.

Go Bucks!
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:01 pm

i'll be rooting for UCLA this weekend as they go up against Cal. Cal's previous lost has given me a little bit of hope. unfortunately, after losing to Notre Dame, i don't know what will become of UCLA...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Return to General Entertainment