Superhero Animated Series these days

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Superhero Animated Series these days

Postby Gritz » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:10 pm

Am I the only one not impressed with these new DC comic animated shows. The Legion Of Superheros, The Batman, Teen Titans, though Teen Titans was way better than those other two. My view now is that if Bruce Timm and his crew did not create the DC series, it will not be good. The legion of superheros was terrible. And the Batman is crap compared to BTAS and TNBA (Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures). Teen Titans was way better than the legion or the batman, but It was still kinda dull compared to Bruce Timm's work. I would have liked it better if Bruce Timm did the whole series. Starfire was the same as Wonder Woman in JL/U (Justice League and Justice League Unlimited), knowing next to nothing about the man/human's world. But while Wonder Woman is intelligent, smart and refined, Starfire's naievity gets down right annoying often. And as for Beast Boy, My God, sometimes I just wish he'd die. He is just so idiotic its not even funny. Whereas The Flash was funny, the comidian of the group, but still cool.

Sorry if this is innapropriate.

:)
Gritz

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:23 pm

I personally like Teen Titans quite a bit but I must admit it strays a lot from what I consider to be the original Teen Titans/DC style. (not that I read comics often).

But I would agree with you on some points. I unreservedly prefer the old batman animated series to the new one. And its not just that I don't like the new animation style (which grates on me). Its the storytelling. To me, it seems like they've dumbed down and sanitized the character of Batman so that he's some Action Man clone. They've taken the angst and obsession out of him. He's.... nice.

So I haven't seen all the series you'ved mentioned, but from what I've seen I would agree with you. I'm not impressed by the new animated shows at all.

Plus, I want to see more of the Flash. He's always been one of my favourite characters and never gets enough screen time. But that's just me. ^^;
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 am

Go read The Watchmen.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:34 am

I thought Starfire was a great character. Her naivete was pretty cute. And she had the best voice, next to Robin.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Batman:The Animated Series was pretty good.Teen Titans could have gone a bit longer or they could have done what Justice League did and do a Teen Titans
Unlimited.
The whole problem with doing a Superhero series though is that the viewers,for the most part,know the characters too well and expect certain things to happen.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm

i really enjoy Teen Titans and The Batman. one TV series i sorta miss and am somewhat craving right now is Batman Beyond. that was an AWESOME series.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:18 pm

I actually like Teen Titans and Justice League... I wish CN would renew them ^^;

I LOOOVED beast boy, he made the show worth watching inmho
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:26 pm

I enjoyed the Teen Titans series quite a bit. It was good for what it was, allthough the DC Comics version is still my favorite version by far.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Gritz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:27 am

Teen Titans was way better than The Batman IMO. It's just I got really sick of Beast Boy's antics. The dude was NOT funny to me. And I did not like how they almost revamped all the origins of The Batman's Rogues Gallery. My brother also says he didn't liked the Joker in The Batman.

I dis love Batman Beyond. Way better than X-Men Emo. I'm getting seriously sick of all these mutants complaining about the fact that they got powers. They say you learn to like them. I would have been jumping for joy the moment I found out I was a mutant with cool powers.

:cool:
Gritz

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:42 am

Teen Titans (what little I've seen of it) was good, but The Batman irritated me to no end.
bigsleepj

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah, The Batman was highly dissapointing.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:26 am

Gritz wrote:I dis love Batman Beyond. Way better than X-Men Emo. I'm getting seriously sick of all these mutants complaining about the fact that they got powers. They say you learn to like them. I would have been jumping for joy the moment I found out I was a mutant with cool powers.

You don't know that for certain. Some mutants are branded as social outcasts, so I would see reason for them to complain. If I were a mutant, although I think the powers are super cool, it would be hard to adapt to society (As well as people to adapt to the mutants). And believe it or not, this is one of the central themes of X-Men.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby creed4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:35 am

I liked teen titan, and think Legion of superheroes is okay, the Batman, okay, but hate the character designs
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 am

I would have been jumping for joy the moment I found out I was a mutant with cool powers.

Yeah, one of the central themes of X-men is that normal humans are prejudiced against mutants simply because they are different, because they look or act different. It's like, an analogy for racism and sexism and stuff.

All the cool powers in the world wouldn't be awesome if everyone threw things at you when you walked past them or they tried to beat the crap out of you for no reason.

Unless you used your mutant powers to get normal humans to bow down to you. If so, you and Magneto would get along rather well.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mssthang_1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 am

i liked teen titans when it wuz new, but i don't think i can bear it anymore.....they probably should do a teen titans unlimited...the few things i didn't like about the batman wuz that they ruined the villians personality (joker isn't funny like in the original animated series, just crazy....and mr. freeze is just out to steal diamonds instead of trying to revive his wife like in the original...to me that sucks >.<), as for the legion of superheroes, i saw the commercial and i personally think the show looks cheesy..i could be wrong though^^;
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby Gritz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:You don't know that for certain. Some mutants are branded as social outcasts, so I would see reason for them to complain. If I were a mutant, although I think the powers are super cool, it would be hard to adapt to society (As well as people to adapt to the mutants). And believe it or not, this is one of the central themes of X-Men.

Actually, I asked my brother the same thing you guys said. He said in his honest opinion, He would've been on Magneto's side. I can understand why they would feel like that. But me, I've never really cared for anyone's opinion of me except GOD and Jesus. So being hated by alot of humans really wouldn't phase me much. As long as the people I know and love accepted me, Which they would.

As for the leigion, mssthang_1, don't waste your time. The Batman was not worthy of the Batman name. Though The Batman Vs Dracula was pretty good.

The changed so much about the Batman world. Mr. Freeze, a common crook? Please. :eyebrow:
Gritz

Postby silverSky » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:48 pm

I luv Teen Titans.

New Batman can not compare to Batman Animated, that show stories was amazing! Next to X-men 90s version, there was not one superhero animated show that can compare.

In fact being more of an X-men fan then Batman, I like the Batman Animated series story line and plots more then X-men and yes thats hard for me to admit that.

Batman Beyond was intersting take Batman and I like it but pretty much the villians seemed to only mimic Batman's classic villians.

The Batman, I'm still straddling the fence. Although I like the new look of the Riddler but most of the other looks are bit irate.
Joker look is iffyto me , as for his personality. I think they are trying to bring his psyhcotic nature more to light. However old joker was funny but the new one actually seems a bit more scary and disturbing to me.

I hate Posin Ivy's story and characterization (sp?) but I do like her powers.

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:50 pm

In the new Batman one of the more interesting things that they did was to make
Clayface an old friend of Bats.I think they wanted to do it that way to make it more of a shock when Joker turned him.
I haven't read the comic version of Clayface origins so don't know if that's the way it was in the comics or if,as I said,they did it to add some shock value.Then again
Two Face used to beat District Attorney Harvey Dent.
mitsuki lover

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:19 pm

As a fan of the original animated Batman, I die a little on the inside whenever I see these newfangled incarnations. Batman Beyond, The Batman, whatever.
Fish and Chips

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:55 am

Actually the original tv series with Adam West and Burt Ward was nothing more nor less than a live action animated series.This is why it continues to be a pop
cultural phenomena to this day.
*POW!*
*ZONK*
*KER_PLOWIE!*
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:36 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:In the new Batman one of the more interesting things that they did was to make
Clayface an old friend of Bats.I think they wanted to do it that way to make it more of a shock when Joker turned him.
I haven't read the comic version of Clayface origins so don't know if that's the way it was in the comics or if,as I said,they did it to add some shock value.Then again
Two Face used to beat District Attorney Harvey Dent.

It was shock value. To date, the only allies that have become enemies for Batman are Two-Face and Hush. Although in Hush's case, he was a childhood friend of Batman's.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Gritz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 am

Fish and Chips wrote:As a fan of the original animated Batman, I die a little on the inside whenever I see these newfangled incarnations. Batman Beyond, The Batman, whatever.

Batman beyond was raw. The Batman sucked.

Gritz

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:54 am

Gritz wrote:Batman beyond was raw. The Batman sucked.

It all still pales in comparison to the original.
Fish and Chips

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:24 am

Fish and Chips wrote:It all still pales in comparison to the original.

I agree with the above statement 100%. I absolutely hated The Batman, I watched two episodes and thought I was going to die. What they did to Mr. Freeze was sickening and should be illegal.

There were only a few Batman Beyond episodes that I thought were great and they were the Return of the Joker movie, which I thought was excellent, and the episode with Mr. Freeze. (Even though it was done by the same people as the original, I thought BB was a letdown after the first series, though it still had it's moments) The rest were O.K. *sigh* Oh, well. Guess I'll just go back and watch the original series on DVD.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Who was Hush?I can't recall him at all.
As far as Batman Beyond goes,I think the cross over with Justice League Unlimited
was pretty good.Especially when Bats meets his older self.
mitsuki lover

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:33 pm

The one thing I can honestly say in favor of Batman Beyond is that Bruce Wayne is still awesome, even when he's an old geezer.

And I believe Hush is a villian from the Batman comics, though I'm afraid I haven't read as much of those as I would've liked to.
Fish and Chips

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:36 pm

I thought that the most recent Fantastic Four series was pretty good.
mitsuki lover

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Actually, some of the newer episodes of "The Batman" are pretty decent. It took a while for the show to really come into its own, as the first season was terrible.

A few of the newer episodes feature a very Dark Knight Returns-inspired future, which is cool.

Honestly, I wish Marvel would do a new, and good, cartoon. Something like New Avengers, or whatever. And for once, it'd be nice to see a better animated style, one that matches closer to the comics rather than the bland, generic look that a lot of their 'toons have had, like the atrocious Ultimate Avengers and Iron man animated movies.

On second thought, Runaways would be absolutely perfect for a cartoon series.
Joshua Christopher

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:08 am

You're right. Hush has yet to appear in the animated version of Batman. ANd he probably never will, since he's a serial killer.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Not an animated series,but I rather enjoyed the short lived Birds of Prey series
when it ran on,I think it was theWB(or was it UPN?).What I really liked was the fact that Harley Quinn was the psychatrist!
mitsuki lover

Next

Return to General Entertainment