Last Nights Seahawks Game

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Last Nights Seahawks Game

Postby memmer66 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:26 pm

I went to the Seahawks game in Seattle last night with Seattle against the Texas Cowboys, it was AMAZING! Did you see at the end where the Cowboys would have won if the guy hadn't had dropped the ball, intense.
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Probably this game more than any other this season will make people realise...extra points, and short field goals are not a "gimmie" I felt so bad for Romo dropping that. I was rooting for Seattle...but man...not like that.
Stephen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Dude I think that guy was totally crying.

It really sucks to be him.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby freerock1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:47 pm

We Bengals fans still lament the botched snap on the PAT attempt (from Christmas Eve, Denver). So we feel the pain of Cowboys fans.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby termyt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:44 am

That's whay they play the game. Everyone makes mistakes no and then, it's part of the game.

The only regret I have is how many times football's talking heads are going to say "Romor cost them the game," which is completely ridiculous. No one play wins or looses any game. The missed/seized opportunities at the beginning of the game are just as important as the ones at the end.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:01 am

I agree. But thats how sports are. Everyone hates the person who makes the *last* mistake. Dallas showed that they are a serious team this year. They will be back.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:28 pm

The irony of the thing is that everyone was still talking about wheter or not
Matt Hasselbeck was still healthy enough.If they get past the Bears next
it will be a real miracle.I mean even healthy during the regular season they
got squashed pretty badly by Chicago and going in to this weekend's game they
aren't exactly at the height of health.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Well the first thing I noticed on this thread was that...MSP posted in it? I thought you shunned all things NFL MSP...I guess I was wrong. Now on to the game...yeah...I feel horrible for Romo...he really didn't play horrible either...which is quite impressive when you consider the atmosphere he was in and that he was just another young quaterback getting his first playoff start. Hopefully he won't be blamed for the loss (if you ask me, blame will probably get placed on T.O. before Romo because...well...he's T.O.). Honestly I'm surprised Seattle wasn't really blown out in this game. You'd think with their banged up secondary they would have found themselves in quite a hole early on. But now...they face the Bears...and what mitsuki says is my opinion also...if Seattle wins this game, it will because of divine providence and nothing more...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:08 pm

I saw it and all I can say is:

"What do you call 45 men in a room watching the superbowl?"
"The Dallas Cowboys!"
Ashley

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:44 pm

I feel bad for Romo. Now if that was T.O. and not Romo, that would have been funny!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 am

I don't think Chicago has been very impressive at the end of the season. The game against New England showed some major holes. I am gonna go out on a limb and pick Seattle against them.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:56 pm

I don't know it will be in Chicago and they always have a tough home crowd.Winning in Chicago is always tough to begin with no matter what their record is.Plus you can never count on the Midwest weather.Trust me on this,
it's one of the places where the saying,"If you don't like the weather wait five
minutes" is absolutely true.It could be sunny at the start of game day and end up being a blizzard by the second half.
No,being a life long Vikings fan I am not overly optimistic about Seattle's chances against the Bears.But if the Seahawks win then I will say that they have an even better shot at winning it all this season.If not...just let me say,"I told ya so!"
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:18 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I don't know it will be in Chicago and they always have a tough home crowd.Winning in Chicago is always tough to begin with no matter what their record is.Plus you can never count on the Midwest weather.Trust me on this,
it's one of the places where the saying,"If you don't like the weather wait five
minutes" is absolutely true.It could be sunny at the start of game day and end up being a blizzard by the second half.
No,being a life long Vikings fan I am not overly optimistic about Seattle's chances against the Bears.But if the Seahawks win then I will say that they have an even better shot at winning it all this season.If not...just let me say,"I told ya so!"

Hey...Seattle now has a hostile crowd...so I don't think that's to intimidating...ok maybe it is. Anyway, yeah...I'm not too optimistic for Seattle either...of course I guess I'm less optimistic then you(I don't think they will make it to the super bowl and if they do...they'll loose...). I guess it comes from all those years as a child watching the Mountaineers loose bowl game after bowl game...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:22 pm

According to the paper Chicago hasn't won a playoff game in the last 12 years so they will be hungry and ready for Seattle when the game begins.It's the teams that are in a playoff drought that one has to always remember to be careful of.
Which is another reason I believe Chicago will beat Seattle.
My prediction Bears 45-Seattle 20.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Ok so the game was closer than I predicted and neither team got even close to
30 points let alone 45.Still I hate to say it but:I TOLD YOU SO!
People!People!People!
Remember a team that has not won a playoff game in over a decade is a rather
dangerous team since they are hungry for a win.What's more when you're playing an away game it's always harder to win,especially in the playoffs.This is what made
Pittsburgh's accomplishment last season so remarkable.
Yes,the Seahawks had chances to win in both regulation and over time.The fact that it was won in OT by the Bears' kicker is pretty
much ironic when you think that all the talk has been about the quarterbacks and
Alexander.
So now Seahawks fans can rest and wait for next season whilst the Bears and
Saints duke it out next week to see who gets to go to the big dance.
mitsuki lover

Postby termyt » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:44 pm

Ashley wrote:I saw it and all I can say is:

"The Dallas Cowboys!"

Bwa-ha-ha. Is it OK to say such things about Texas? Perhaps if you are from Huston, but you'd better blame the whole thing on Mith and punish him accordingly just to be safe.

[Pedantic]There are 53 people on an NFL roster[/pedantic]
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:36 pm

So, shall this be a general play-off thread, or should we start a new one? I am so bummed out about watching the games alone. I really should have gone home this weekend. I've been discussing the games with my Dad over the phone.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Wow Mitsuki, your as bad as some of the Pat fans I hear slamming the Chargers (AFC teams, not the lower class NFC) Don't worry though. Your boldness will be corrected in the Superbowl. If Chicago makes it that far. The AFC Title game decides who wins the Superbowl. Not the Superbowl itself.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:02 am

The sad truth - it would take one of theose sunday miracles for the NFC to take the superbowl this year, although I am rooting for New Orleans a little.
termyt

Postby Tommy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 am

Ashley wrote:I saw it and all I can say is:

"The Dallas Cowboys!"

HA! XD

Straight from the mouth of a Texan!
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 pm

No,I was being realistic.Unfortunately with injuries and trying to get new personnel
such as Deion Branch integrated into the Sehawks game plan they weren't the same team as last year.This was clearly shown by the way they lost several games
in the regular season that they would have easily rolled through last season.
I was also remembering the shellacking the Bears gave them in the regular season.
While the 'hawks did come close to winning,the fact that missed opportunities cost them plus needless penalites..
I believe simply that the Bears ARE the best team now in the NFC,and perhaps in
the entire NFL.Of course they are going to be the underdogs this weekend because
very few people believe that they can beat NO.
Again this is a mistake.
Do not overlook the power of the Bears Fans.They're the X Factor in the playoffs.
Do not count Chicago or their fans out..Too many people did last week.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:57 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Do not overlook the power of the Bears Fans.They're the X Factor in the playoffs. Do not count Chicago or their fans out..Too many people did last week.

If the bears fans are so much of a X Factor. Then why did the Bears lose to the Panthers last year?

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:50 pm

Great great game for the Bears. I was happy they won. And a big win for Indy. I said back before the Ravens game that I belived if (keyword if) Indy beat Baltimore, they would go all the way. However, I will say...some of the calls towards the end of the NE Indy game were crap. (This coming from a Raider fan that hates NE) We had roughing the passer on a play the QB did not even hit the ground...pass Int calls on plays that did not warrant them, and people getting mugged and no calls. But, there are bad calls in every game. Indy just came out on the right end this time. Hopefully Indy can keep that luck going into the Superbowl.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:18 pm

Once again we are reminded that the true King of the Comeback is John Elway.
Brady did his best but face it he aint no John Elway.
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:06 pm

That has got to be the most uneducated thing I have ever heard. You blame Brady for them losing? Btw. Who has more Super Bowl rings? Who also is still very young into his carear. Who also threw a fit and refused to be signed to the then Balitmore Colts? You're right, Brady is no Elway. He is better.

So was it Bradys fault when Caldwell dropped those 2 easy passes? How many Superbowl and playoff come-backs and huge drives have Brady had? Elway is not even in Bradys ballpark anymore. If Brady retired right now, he is hall of fame. It took Elway his entire carear to win the big game. Don't be so quick to put Brady down. A couple more big wins, and he will be considered the top QB ever.

I don't mean this to pick on you Mitsuki, but I am probably going to ignore your football related posts from now on. You are, the perfect of example of what I hate in most football fans. You claim "I picked this" Late in the playoffs. (unlike some of us that do weekly picks and pick teams well before the season for Superbowl births...which, btw, I picked NE and Dallas. Both of whom made the playoffs) You say things that are completely out in left field. Either you don't know much about football, or you are just blindly loyal to certain teams and hate others. I don't know which it is. But I must admit, I am tired of even reading your posts on football in general. Regardless of who wins the Superbowl, you will run around bragging that you called it. And whatever. It's those same kind of fans you just ignore when watching the games anyway.
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment