the persuit of happiness

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

the persuit of happiness

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:29 pm

anyone else going to see this movie. i saw a trailer for it and it looked pretty cool. will smith + non-action movie = ??? it looks like will's gonna be doing a different type of movie this time. it's cool though cause his actual son is gonna be in the movie.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:41 pm

I actually saw the preview for this last night, and I think it looks quite good. I'd like to go see it sometime.

Oh, and just so, it's actually "The Pursuit of Happyness". I guess they decided to spell it differently for the movie or something. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mssthang_1 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:30 am

yeah, i like will smith...but i never have time to go to the movies, i do want to see it though
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:42 am

I think i am gonna see it it looks really good. Will Smith not in a action movie is like Robin Williams in a serious role XD
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:57 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Robin Williams in a serious role XD

*coughcough* (Only one of my most favorite movies of all time)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:52 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:I think i am gonna see it it looks really good. Will Smith not in a action movie is like Robin Williams in a serious role XD

Well, he's been in different genres of movies before. Like Hitch (which I loved). And of course, he was in that TV show, Fresh Prince of Bel Air. XD Then again, a lot of his stuff is either action or comedy (or a mixture of the two). This movie is neither though, so I guess that could be interesting. :)
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby beau99 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:55 am

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Robin Williams in a serious role

Despite the comedy aspect of a man in drag, I personally thought Mrs. Doubtfire was pretty serious...
beau99

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:02 am

Yeah i guess you do have a point Beau and Radical Yea i guess i meant willsmith in not comedy or action but this movie still has some great lines (at least a few from the trailers)

Office exec: So what would you say if someone came in here with no shirt on and i hired him.
WillSmith: He must of had some really nice pants
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:11 am

beau99 wrote:Despite the comedy aspect of a man in drag, I personally thought Mrs. Doubtfire was pretty serious...

I agree; though lots of people consider it a comedy, it really deals with deeper issues and that kind of thing. And it's the same with Dead Poets' Society or Good Will Hunting, which weren't comedies at all. They're still REALLY good movies, though. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:07 pm

well, i'm probably gonna watch this movie this saturday (12/16/06) so it should be pretty cool. i'm really excited. the movie looks awesome.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:39 pm

I read where some of the stuff was different from what actually happened.For example in real life the character Smith plays actually got a small stipend for his intern job.And of course they didn't go through all of the real life problems he had
as a homeless single dad before he finally got a break.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:36 pm

i watched this movie yesterday. it was really good. i might go watch it again. will smith did a really good job in acting and i never knew he could solve rubix cubes so fast. that was pretty cool.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:20 pm

Bump!

I saw this movie last week (sorta late :sweat: ) but it was honestly one of the greatest movies I have seen. I decided to see it at the last second instead of Epic Movie and....well, going by reviews, I''m glad. XD

Anyways, this movie moved me in a way no one can describe. Seeing how a person became homeless and how harsh it truly is, it really makes me think more about homeless people now.
Tommy

Return to General Entertainment