College Football 06!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby termyt » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:02 am

Well, OSU is still a very solid #1, which is to be expected. Louisville moved up to three, so take heart ML. They are in a very good position to play in the title game since either UM or OSU will most likely drop from the top 3 after they play on the 18th. It is, however, it is very possible that even if they win, they will not be able to hold their position with Florida very close behind them in 4th.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:12 pm

I am not even a Louisville fan I just noted that because they were suddenly doing so well that they ought to have gotten a bit more respect.Another team that should be getting a bit more respect this season is Oregon.People talk about USC being the class of the PAC-10,and with good reason,however Oregon looks to be giving them a run for the money for the PAC-10 championship.And don't forget that one of Oregon's first victories was a home win against a perennially tough Oklahoma
team.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:10 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Another team that should be getting a bit more respect this season is Oregon.People talk about USC being the class of the PAC-10,and with good reason,however Oregon looks to be giving them a run for the money for the PAC-10 championship.And don't forget that one of Oregon's first victories was a home win against a perennially tough Oklahoma
team.

Well, I agree with that, but I think Cal should get more respect for now. Since they killed Oregon and Cal only lost was to Tenn and that was the first game of the year.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:40 pm

The difference though is that California plays in a media saturated part of the country so they are able to get a lot more press than Oregon which because it happens to be in the Northwest lacks the national coverage it would get if it were
another school in a different part of the country.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Well, there goes Louisville national championship hopes!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:16 am

That was quite a game. Congratulations to Rutgers, inventors of football (even if they really haven't done anything note worthy with it since).

It will be interesting to see who replaces them.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Peanut » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:54 am

First off...HOW ABOUT THOSE SCARLET KNIGHTS!!! Thanks to them, WVU now has a shot not only at a BCS bid, but possibly even a chance to play for the national championship. This victory also makes it possible for them to keep their streak of 3 Big East titles (ok, most of those titles were more "parts" of titles...but still...that's not a bad streak at all...) alive. Of course...they still have to beat Rutgers in the last home game of the season. But, for some reason I am rather confident that they will...I wonder why... *remembers back to when he lived a few miles away from Mountaineer Field and could here the crowd from his house...*
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:50 pm

I admit when I first turned on ESPN yesterday night I thought that it was going to end up to be a rout for Louisville as they seemed to have had the game in control early with 25 points.But you have to admire the tenacity of Rutgers for staying in there and keep fighting until they tied it at 25-25 during the 4th
quarter.The game was really a classic.And even I ended up hoping that Rutgers would pull it out.I think both Louisville and Rutgers are turning out to be unexpectedly good teams this year,though what happened to Louisville in the second half is really a puzzle.They didn't act like they were the same team.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:46 am

Looks like Auburn's title hopes are going up in smoke or rain, if you will.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:40 pm

Louisville was expected to be a good team this year, they were just overshadowed by WVU. Now Rutgers...well, Rutgers is about as much of (or even more of) a surprise then South Florida last year. And, like South Florida, what their ending record is really won't matter anymore. Everyone will recognize that they have had an amazing year and that they were the story of this year...I just hope WVU beats them...

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Well, this has been a very fun weekend of college football.

Four top BCS rank teams lost this weekend.

Louisville

Texas

Auburn

California

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:08 pm

It was fun if you were a fan of WVU...YAY, hopefully some more one loss teams in front of them will loose and hopefully WVU will win their last three games...hopefully...

EDIT: I just checked the AP polls, and WVU is currently 8, Rutgers is 7, and Louisville is 10...yes, WVU moved above a team that they lost to by beating Cincinnati... oh, and a similar thing happened in the BCS poll except Rutgers is ranked 6 instead of 7...YAY!!!

Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:15 pm

Washington needs to beat Washington State to save face this season.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:58 pm

BCS Top Ten

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Southern California
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Rutgers
7. Arkansas
8. West Virginia
9. Wisconsin
10. Louisville

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:21 am

The Texas game was a lot of fun to watch. It was a great game.

Anyway, I hear some analysts saying USC is number 3 for no greater reason than popularity and better public draw to a championship game. I can see the argument, but what do you all think?

Who should be number 3? Does the gap between 2 and 3 mean the the championship game should be between OSU and UM barring anything except a blow-out this weekend?
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:46 am

termyt wrote:Anyway, I hear some analysts saying USC is number 3 for no greater reason than popularity and better public draw to a championship game. I can see the argument, but what do you all think?

Well, USC beat the snot out of a pretty good Oregon that was 7-2 before they played them.

Florida beat a fair South Carolina team that was 5-4 and they only won by one points?

Also, it hurt Florida that Georgia killed Auburn. I know there is alot of analysts say that having Georgia beat Auburn help Florida, but I see that the other way around.

Who should be number 3?

Well you can guess who I think should be #3. Yes, I'm a SEC fan and its a though conference as well as the Big Ten.

But Florida hasn't wow me at all this year.

The SEC team that has wow me, has been Arkansas and I know they got killed by USC in the first game of the season. But I feel that the very first game of the season is the hardest game to play at times.

If Arkansas beats LSU and I think they will. Since Arkansas is one of the few SEC team that hasn't forgot what the SEC football is all about.

You run the ball first and pass the ball after you have the running game set.

Don't worry, USC will not be at #3 for long.

I see USC beating ND and then they will lose to Cal or UCLA.

Florida will lose one more and I betting on FSU to beat them. If FSU doesn't beat them, I say Arkansas will run over the gators in the SEC title game.

So, fear the tusk!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:29 pm

In small college football,the Whitworth Pirates capped a successful 10-0 conference
season and are now headed into the Divison III playoffs.One of their senior players is so good that he is actually headed to Hawaii.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:52 pm

I have to agree with wingzero22 on the number 3/ future number 2 debate. Arkansas seems to have that position locked down even if USC manages to win their last few games (or, at least they should...). Plus, (as much as this pains me to say it) I think they are the best candidate out of the teams in the top 25 to take that position after the Michigan/Ohio State game.

Peanut

Postby termyt » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:43 am

In all honesty, I doubt there is any team out there better than either OSU or Michigan. My feelings may change if the show down in the shoe is a blowout and Arkansas avails itself well in the remainder of its games. We'll see.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:31 pm

Getting ready for the Apple Cup.Washington doesn't want to loose and be the first Husky team to loose 3 straight to the Cougars,and Wazzu doesn't want to loose and
NOT make history by being the first Cougar team to beat the Huskies 3 straight.
In other words the inmoveable object meets the irresitable force.Right now it appears that the Huskies are the underdogs in more ways than one has they have lost their last 3 or 4 games in a row and so even if they win they're still going no where.This Apple Cup like the last couple is being played for pride on the Husky side.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:37 pm

In other rivalry news, WVU ran over Pitt last night which made me one very happy mountaineer fan...

Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Funny thing we have the Apple Cup up here and down in Oregon they have The
Civil War!
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Ex- Mich coach, Bo Schembechler died today at the age of 77.

Schembechler collapsed at the studios at WXYZ-TV in the Detroit suburb of Southfield and was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 am

I get to work at a pizza place during the OSU Michigan game! Woohoo! =_=;;

well, get ready for another year of riots no matter who wins XD Have any of you heard about the letter the Michigan administration sent out to the fans? They suggested renting a car with an Ohio license plate, not wearing any Michigan stuff until in the Shoe, and traveling in groups. They're also bringing down their own cops for the game. We here in Columbus find this awfully funny.

Wish us luck! GO BUCKS!
Kawaiikneko

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Final Apple Cup:Huskies 35 Cougars 32.
We would like to thank the Cougar quarterback for his personal contribution to the Husky victory.
mitsuki lover

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:36 pm

I don't believe it!! Michigan is still number 2!!! Florida drops a spot after blowing out West Carolina (though they are bad, they still put up 60+ points. They scored more points than they allowed yardage come on!!!) USC is now number 3!!! GRAH!!!

There is no way this is fair. Florida should be 2. I do not want to see a rematch Michigan and Ohio State, at least put a different team in there!! Come on!!!
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:46 pm

Welcome to what my world was earlier on this year. WVU went through a similar week in which they dropped a ranking after killing Mississippi State. Why, I do not know...but it happened. I would also like to thank Cincinnati for...ruining WVU's chances of at least having a shot at the BCS National Title game...WVU needed to beat an undefeated Rutgers ranked in the top ten and now because of them...their title hopes are dead and I am planning on having a funeral for them later this week...the good news is if WVU wins the rest of their games and Louisville looses to somebody then WVU will join USC as being one of the few teams in College Football to win 4 straight confrence titles. Of course, WVU will have shared 2 of those titles and if Louisville and WVU end the season with 1 loss then we can change the 2 to a three...so yeah, it's not as impressive as USC's streak...but it's still a streak...I guess...

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:13 pm

WrestlingOtaku wrote:I don't believe it!! Michigan is still number 2!!! Florida drops a spot after blowing out West Carolina (though they are bad, they still put up 60+ points. They scored more points than they allowed yardage come on!!!) USC is now number 3!!! GRAH!!!

There is no way this is fair. Florida should be 2. I do not want to see a rematch Michigan and Ohio State, at least put a different team in there!! Come on!!!

West Carolina is a Div II team, if you want to jump over another team in the BCS, you don't go play a creampuff div II teams.

And why should Florida be #2 after this. I agree that Mich shouldn't, but USC should be the #2 if anything.

And if Fla was #2, they wouldn't stay there long. I going to call it, but Ark is going to show Fla what a good SEC team really is.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby meboeck » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:54 pm

Personally, I think Michigan deserves that spot after the excellent fight they gave the #1 team in the country. And if one of the top teams plays a good enough game this week, they still might be able to knock Michigan down a spot.

By the way, the Michigan/OSU game was amazing! It was just as good as all the hype said it would be.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Peanut » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:21 pm

Yes, for all the hype's sake it was...

Peanut

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment