College Football 06!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:04 pm

Wow...both Georgia and Iowa have fallen to unranked teams...well, at least WVU won...thanks to Pat White!!!
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 pm

California is a surprise in the Pac-10.They really creamed WSU yesterday in Pullman.Oregon State also beat UW in Seattle.At least the Husky lost was a bit more respectable.
On the smaller college scene my parents' alma mater Whitworth gave Lewis &
Clark a 70-3 shellacking in Northwest Conference play.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:37 pm

What a happy weekend for me.

Georgia lost and it shows that Georgia was overated and Vandy is alot better then some thing.

Fla lost to Auburn and now Tennessee is right back in the running in the SEC east.

Atlanta got beat by the Giants in pro football.

BTW: did anyone see the fight between Miami and FIU.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:28 pm

I saw clips of the fight and I must say it was sort of shocking...almost as shocking as the 245 yards and 4 touchdowns Pat White ran for and Steve Slaton's 165 yards and 1 touchdown in the slaughter against Syracuse (normally one or the other does really well...but in this case both of them did amazingly well...)

Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:27 am

They ran it on ESPN,I believe and also on Fox News Channel.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Does anyone feel that Larry Coker should be fired from Miami and kick some of the players off the team from both teams?

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:55 pm

Yes. If it had been me in Larry Coker's position, I would have kicked everyone of those players involved in that fight off the team. On a slightly related note, why were the Miami players getting into a fight with FIU anyway? My gosh...they are Miami. They have won national championships and at one time were one of the most dominant teams in all of College Football. And FIU is...well...FIU...FIU doesn't deserve trash talk nor do they deserve to be beaten down for trash talking, especially by Miami. Anyway, that is my rant for the day...go Miami...not...

Peanut

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:57 pm

You know..... I knew I was forgetting to do something!!!! Oh, man. I'm probably dead last now. *sigh*
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 pm

WrestlingOtaku wrote:You know..... I knew I was forgetting to do something!!!! Oh, man. I'm probably dead last now. *sigh*

I forgot to do my picks this week. Don't feel bad at all.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:46 am

Peanut wrote:Yes. If it had been me in Larry Coker's position, I would have kicked everyone of those players involved in that fight off the team. On a slightly related note, why were the Miami players getting into a fight with FIU anyway? My gosh...they are Miami. They have won national championships and at one time were one of the most dominant teams in all of College Football. And FIU is...well...FIU...FIU doesn't deserve trash talk nor do they deserve to be beaten down for trash talking, especially by Miami. Anyway, that is my rant for the day...go Miami...not...

Players talk. And highly competitive young people very rarely back down from a confrontation.

Part of the problem is that FIU is filled with students who couldn’t get a scholarship to Miami, so they feel they have something to prove. That was also part of the escalation.

I wouldn’t kick everyone involved off – the benches cleared, you’d have to kick the entire team, but the 13 that the NCAA point out for suspension would likely never play for me again.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:13 pm

termyt wrote:Part of the problem is that FIU is filled with students who couldn’t get a scholarship to Miami, so they feel they have something to prove. That was also part of the escalation.

I wouldn’t kick everyone involved off – the benches cleared, you’d have to kick the entire team, but the 13 that the NCAA point out for suspension would likely never play for me again.

I agree with not kicking everyone off the team, but the ones suspension should be. If you look at the video and saw #19 for Miami run and start kicking a FIU player as he was down. Here is the sad part, #19 is the captain of the team.

I'm going to try and be fair in my post here on the matter. I have never been a big Maimi fan ever, because they have that bad boy image to them for years now.

You can't just blame Maimi for this. FIU is just as to blame as Maimi in the fight and FIU players were doing trash talking, but I know that Maimi player had to been trash talking back, I just don't see a one way street with this one as some people as sports fans that I listen about this fight.

But it shows you that since Maimi left the Big East to the ACC, they haven't been the same team like they use to be, they more like a tropical storm then the Hurricanes. But they let a four year Div-I A school get under their skin?

So far, FIU has showed that they have a better handle on this matter as, they have kick a few players off and given more suspensions out to players then just a one game suspension.

Maimi has made only two players say they are sorry for what they did and given one game suspension that will be carried out next week and that is vs Duke?

Come on Miami, show that you have some backbone and that you have this program in contol.

Miami has showed that they still have the bad boy image and its only going to get worst if the school doesn't do anything about it.

The most shocking quote that Larry Coker said after the game and was reported in the Miami Herald.

"I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way." "I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled, they will be impressed with our players."

O_O

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:13 pm

I still would of kicked them off, things like this have occured before at Miami and honestly I wouldn't be suprised if they occured again. And yes, I understand that FIU was involved in this but the FIU players who got involved were yelled at by their coach and then went back to what they were doing...the Miami players got yelled at and then began to "celebrate" (or at least it looked that way...). You have to make a statement that behavior like this will not be tolerated AT ALL. Look at what happened to Marcus Vick after he stomped on Dummerville's leg, they kicked him off the team for it and honestly what he did was not as big of a deal as this fight. So are we too say that when a player stomps on another players leg is much worse then a bunch of players getting into essentially a street fight on the field? Honestly, this is too soft of a punishment when you compare it to other punishments that have been delievered for lesser and similar offenses both in and out of College Football.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:56 pm

We haven't been talking much about college football as of late.

Here is ESPN news story.

Heel turn? WVU's Rodriguez discusses UNC rumors.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:41 pm

The Dawgs have lost two very close games in overtime and are now currently 8th
in the Pac 10.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:47 pm

*Notices that people have posted again...* And of course I had to notice the day of WVU v. Louisville...anyway, yeah their is speculation that Rich Rodriguez is going to North Carolina...though I seriously doubt he will. I do wonder, however, who will get that job. Supposedly it is quite appealing to many coaches...as for the Huskies...well, at least they will be going to a bowl game this year which I think we can all agree is significantly better then last year...

Peanut

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:20 pm

GAH!!! Another week I forgot to pick!! D: Man, I need to keep track of this better. *sigh* Oh well, I'll kick your guys butts next year! :P

Anyways, I'm happy with the way this season's been going. USC lost to an unranked opponent, keeping my Gators in the race for the #2 spot (if they run the table, which seems very likely, and a few teams lose, always a posibility). Boston College just beat Florida State, and it seems like they'll go to a bowl for the first time since the great Doug Floutie was there. This is turning out to be a great season!!
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:22 pm

WrestlingOtaku wrote:GAH!!! Another week I forgot to pick!! D: Man, I need to keep track of this better. *sigh* Oh well, I'll kick your guys butts next year! :P

I think the cut off day is early Sat or maybe Friday for this week.

Why the UL and WVU was not on the list, beats me.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 am

WrestlingOtaku wrote:Anyways, I'm happy with the way this season's been going. USC lost to an unranked opponent, keeping my Gators in the race for the #2 spot (if they run the table, which seems very likely, and a few teams lose, always a posibility). Boston College just beat Florida State, and it seems like they'll go to a bowl for the first time since the great Doug Floutie was there. This is turning out to be a great season!!

Well, #1 and #2 play each other on the 18th, so somoeone who is not currently in the top two will most likely be there when the season ends. Unless there is some unprecedented voting oddity because folks want to see OSU and Michigan play twice this year.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:07 am

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that Fla could lost to Vandy or SC.

Tenn has LSU this week and Ark still to play.

I think SEC will only have one team that will make the BCS this year and go to the sugar bowl.

I think Aub could drop one more game, but I think they will beat Ga.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:02 pm

I think Louisville should be #1 for the simple fact that they're still unbeaten and bested a good West Virignia team yesterday night.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:08 pm

...*Peanut is still in mourning over the death of WVU's championship hopes and dreams* Alright, all joking about my sports related depression aside, I will say this much about the BCS championship game...if Louisville runs the table I don't care how good the Michigan v. Ohio State game is, they deserve to be in the National Championship. And I'm not just saying this because they beat WVU last night, I'm saying this because now they have to turn around from that emotional victory and face a good Rutgers team who are just coming off of a bye week and have been overlooked (they've just sort of been mentioned instead of truly talked about). Rutgers could also make a run at the national championship if they manage to run the table and win all of those games by impressive margins. And even WVU's title hopes aren't dead yet...but here's what need's to happen:

-They have to run the table and slaughter every team left on their schedule.

-Louisville has to loose to Rutgers and one other team.

-A SEC team with two losses has to win the SEC

-Ohio State has to obliterate Michigan.

-USC and Notre Dame have to loose again at some point.

Yeah...it's unlikely...and if it happens, I will be stunned. Hopefully WVU won't let this loss define their season. They can still go 11-1 and make it into a BCS bowl game with an at large bid or even win their conference (depending on how everything turns out). So on the bright side, they can still have a really good season...I hope...

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:28 pm

A SEC team with two losses has to win the SEC

That could happen. Since Fla has to play SC and Vandy and Tenn has LSU this week, Ark and I can tell you that the Vandy game will not be an easy one.

USC and Notre Dame have to loose again at some point.

That could happen.

ND has to play USC and USC has to play Oregon, California, and UCLA.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:56 pm

If Louisville runs the table, there is an excellent chance they will play for the national championship - versus whomever wins the OSU / UM game. Their victory over West Virginia should play well in the polls.
termyt

Postby meboeck » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:33 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I think Louisville should be #1 for the simple fact that they're still unbeaten and bested a good West Virignia team yesterday night.

But OSU has been amazing this year, and they beat Texas by a pretty good margin. Obviously Louisville should move up in the ranking, but it would be very hard for any team to ovetake Ohio State.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:10 pm

After beating West Virignia I would think that Louisville proved they belong at #1.
Maybe they'll end up playing Ohio State for the National Championship then we could see.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:23 pm

Yes, a team that allowed over 500 yards and 34 points at home deserves to be ranked higher then two teams who have proven to have very good defenses and offenses...I'm sorry mitsuki lover, Louisville dose not deserve to be number 1 after beating WVU the way they did especially when Ohio St. but, they might become number 2 seeing as how Michigan barely beat Ball State.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:39 pm

Peanut wrote:Yes, a team that allowed over 500 yards and 34 points at home deserves to be ranked higher then two teams who have proven to have very good defenses and offenses...I'm sorry mitsuki lover, Louisville dose not deserve to be number 1 after beating WVU the way they did especially when Ohio St. but, they might become number 2 seeing as how Michigan barely beat Ball State.

And OSU having a hard time with Ill today.

I still think they should be #1 and #2. Louisville is good, but WVU was the first really good team that they played all year.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby meboeck » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:57 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:And OSU having a hard time with Ill today.

I still think they should be #1 and #2. Louisville is good, but WVU was the first really good team that they played all year.

Wingzero22

OSU didn't really have a hard time today, it just looked like it because people are used to them having huge leads. And that reputation they have developed this year is exactly why they deserve to be #1. Next week, they'll cruch Northwestern (unfortunately) which will keep them as #1, and then the only way they will lose that is if they lose to Michigan.

EDIT: By the way, I must mention something very important to me. MARYLAND WON!!!!!! I had picked Clemson to win, but I really don't care. With 3 seconds to go Maryland kicked a winning field goal! YAY!!!!!!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Both Washington and Washington State went down big yesterday.The Dawgs lost
34-14 to a really great Oregon Duck team that could go all the way and win the
Pac-10 this year while the Cougs lost to Arizona in the rain in Pullman.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:05 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Both Washington and Washington State went down big yesterday.The Dawgs lost
34-14 to a really great Oregon Duck team that could go all the way and win the
Pac-10 this year while the Cougs lost to Arizona in the rain in Pullman.

Didn't Cal beat Oregon early in the year?

Oregon is good, but I feel that Cal will win it. The only way Oregon can win it now is beat USC this weekend and USC beat Cal and Cal lose another game.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment