fav Disney sequel?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

fav Disney sequel?

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:36 pm

Well, just looking up how one of my fav Disney movies ever (Fox and the Hound) was comign out on DVD, also noticed that it's gettign a sequel... :/ Guess I'll rent it, but we all know what to expect from Disney movies^^ Yeah Disney sequels are STILL popping up everywhere! From Fox and the Hound 2 with the newly released Brother Bear 2 and Bambi 2 too.

I know there were already topics made waaaay back on fav/least fav Disney movies, so here's one specifically for Disney SEQUELS. Just be civil on this because everyone has different opinions on this^^ Won't be surprised if some answer with a "none :/".

Anyhow with me, I'll have to say that I actually enjoyed Lion King 2. It's almost for a slightly older audience really (my VHS is rated "not rated" too, actually) and I know some kids who were actually kinda scared from one part of it^^ Never did see the whole thign of Lion King 1/2 though, but I did like 2. Also when I was little (haven't seen it in a LONG time) I liked Return of Jafar... never did see The Prince of Thieves though and I'm nto sure why^^ Also when I was little I loved Homeward Bound 2. Rewatched it just a few months ago and was like "Wow it's not as great as I remember it^^".

One sequel I AM anticipating in seeing is Cinderella 3. It was previewed slightly on the Cindrella DVD my friend got and was all like "What IF the shoe didn't fit..." and so on. So yeah my friend and I are SO going to watched this alternative tale^^

So enough about me, how about you guys?
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:39 pm

Aladin 2 , and Toy Story 2
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:41 pm

yeah. toy story 2 was a pretty good sequal. ehh...can't think of any other good disney sequals.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:48 pm

the lion king 2
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:09 pm

Well, as for Pixar's films, Toy Story 2 owns all. XD Seriously, that's a great movie. As for the traditionally animated features, The Rescuers: Down Under wins. I looooved that movie as a kid. XD If I had to choose a more recent one, though, then yeah, I'd have to go with Lion King 2. *nodnod*
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:23 pm

The Lion King 1 1/2 because it is the one where they have it from the pov of
Timon and Pumbaa.
mitsuki lover

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote: As for the traditionally animated features, The Rescuers: Down Under wins. I looooved that movie as a kid. XD If I had to choose a more recent one, though, then yeah, I'd have to go with Lion King 2. *nodnod*

Forgot about that one >_< I totally loved it better than the first.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby TallasLint » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am

Lion King 2 was definitely one of the best disney sequels. Lilo & Stitch 2 (Sitch has a glitch, not Stitch The Movie or Leroy and Stitch) was also really good, except for the VA change for Lilo....
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:43 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Aladin 2 , and Toy Story 2

If Pixar counts, Toy Story 2 is so much better than the others, we may as well just concede now.

Towards the strict Disney sequals, I would say that The Rescuers Down Under was quite good, in my opinion. I'll see High School Musical's sequel as well.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby soul alive » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:55 pm

Toy Story 2 - awesome
The Rescuers Down Under - this is actually one of my favorite Disney cartoons
Lion King 2 - was pretty good

I've heard that Kronk's New Groove is pretty good, haven't seen it myself.

The two Might Ducks sequels were pretty decent.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:20 am

soul alive wrote:I've heard that Kronk's New Groove is pretty good, haven't seen it myself.

Saw that one a while ago with a group of friends... it was alright. Good for a couple laughs but I don't really see me going to watch it a second time through.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:59 am

The Rescuers Down Under
Toy Story 2 (the contender for best Disney sequel)
Aladdin 2: Prince of Thieves

All the others I've seen are rubbish, so I avoid them in general.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:53 am

No such thing.

Okay, Rescuers Down Under maybe, and I don't consider Pixar Movies Disney, even if its the same company. So with the exception of Rescuers Down Under, there is no such thing.
bigsleepj

Postby mssthang_1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:07 am

ummm.... i'm embarassed to say that i liked peter pan 2.... i also liked toy story 2, homeward bound 2, and i don't really remember lion king 2, but i think i liked it
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:08 am

Wait....there is gonna be a fox and the hound 2?!!!!! What is it about?

(I just watched this movie on Toondisney last week)

OKI BACK ON TRACK

Favorite Sequals:

The two aladdin movies after the first one (Return of Jafar and Prince of Thieves)
Lion King 2
Little Mermaid 2 (it was cute...sue me ok?)
101 Dalmations 2 (animated version)

I will add more later... I can't think when Iam sleepy...^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:55 am

soul alive wrote:The two Might Ducks sequels were pretty decent.

Ah, The Mighty Ducks! I had forgotten about those! XD I used to love those movies, though I'm not sure if I'd feel the same way today (haven't seen them in forever). XD They at least get points for nostalgia, though! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby soul alive » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:50 am

The Mighty Ducks movies were good for the age range they were intended for. I really liked them as a kid, but haven't seen them in years
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby animegirl1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:08 pm

PIRATES OF THE c. TWO! ^^
The Letter from God Dear child, Despite your silence, I have heard your soul weeping. Why have you been so unhappy? Have you forgotten my everlasting love for you? Child, you are mine. Why have you not called my name sooner? If you seek me, I will answer. I am your counselor, ready to instruct you and show you which path to take. When you come to me, I will embrace you and silence all your fears. Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears. I will always be right beside you. Not only am I your father, but your best friend. Do not be afraid to ask for my mercy and forgiveness. I know that its hard to live on earth, so I understand when you fall down once in awhile, ask me for help, and I will pick you up and carry you. No one loves you more than I do. When you feel alone, remember I am beside you. When you feel helpless, remember I offer myself to you. When you feel lost, remember I will lead you, and when you feel forgotten, remember that you are my child and I will love you unconditionally. It is never too late to come home. I will be here waiting, ready to embrace you. I will leave the light on for you. Forever with you, God

-------------------------------------------------------

i have proudly adopted:dytae jessie88 and edochick ^_^

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
animegirl1

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:56 pm

animegirl1 wrote:PIRATES OF THE c. TWO! ^^

I was so tired when I went to go see it that I was half-asleep/slept for most of the movie :/ But it was a light sleep (was tryign so hard to pay attention^^) that I could at least HEAR the whole movie :/

So my friend and I came up with an idea to watch all the Disney sequels and stuff (like the animated classics). From Little Mermaid 2 to Bambi 2... I think it could be fun^^ Disney sequel marathon!!

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puguni » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:09 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Saw that one a while ago with a group of friends... it was alright. Good for a couple laughs but I don't really see me going to watch it a second time through.

It was cute. :] I liked it.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:46 pm

I liked Lion King 2, the Aladdin movies, and 102 Dalmatians. I also liked all 3 Parent Traps.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby animegirl1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:22 pm

actually...POTC2 was my favorite sequel...but my favorite disney movie of all time is alladin!
and beauty and the beast
and little mermaid
and practically all the disney classics...they are my passion :)
The Letter from God Dear child, Despite your silence, I have heard your soul weeping. Why have you been so unhappy? Have you forgotten my everlasting love for you? Child, you are mine. Why have you not called my name sooner? If you seek me, I will answer. I am your counselor, ready to instruct you and show you which path to take. When you come to me, I will embrace you and silence all your fears. Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears. I will always be right beside you. Not only am I your father, but your best friend. Do not be afraid to ask for my mercy and forgiveness. I know that its hard to live on earth, so I understand when you fall down once in awhile, ask me for help, and I will pick you up and carry you. No one loves you more than I do. When you feel alone, remember I am beside you. When you feel helpless, remember I offer myself to you. When you feel lost, remember I will lead you, and when you feel forgotten, remember that you are my child and I will love you unconditionally. It is never too late to come home. I will be here waiting, ready to embrace you. I will leave the light on for you. Forever with you, God

-------------------------------------------------------

i have proudly adopted:dytae jessie88 and edochick ^_^

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
animegirl1

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:29 am

Fantasia 2000 is pretty good too. I love the interpretations of Firebird and Rhapsody in Blue
However, there are times I watch Disney and wonder if old Walt is spinning in his grave.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:18 pm

I don't like any of the Disney sequels. And in order to keep it civil, that's all I'm gonna say. >_>
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 pm

POTC2 (o course)
Ichigo_89

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:20 pm

I couldnt' stay awake during POTC2... and the villian made laugh more than keep my attention..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:52 pm

My favorite Disney sequals, not in any particular order, are:

Toy Story 2
Lion King 2
PoTC 2
and Aladdan Prince of Theives (I probably like this one better than Return of Jafaar because RoJ didn't have Robin Williams as the Genie.)
WrestlingOtaku

Return to General Entertainment