In Theaters Now - What are you watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

In Theaters Now - What are you watching?

Postby soul alive » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:38 am

There's a 'What movies are you watching?' thread, but I thought it might be an idea to discuss what movies are in theaters at the moment that you've seen/will see. In depth discussions warrant their own threads.

Please, use spoilers. If you don't know how, ask.

I love to go to movies, but I don't watch TV and can't catch previews, and am never sure if a movie will be good or not. So, personally, hearing what movies people here have seen and liked/disliked would really help.

I haven't seen anything in a while, but am thinking about going to either 'Hollywoodland' or 'Little Miss Sunshine.' Has anyone seen either of these?

(I searched, so forgive me if there is an old thread similar to this that I don't know about / couldn't find.)
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:26 pm

I don't go to the movies generally.But if I did the one that I especially would want to see that just got out today is Flyboys,the WWI epic.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:55 am

I saw Crank recently. Not the best Revenge movie. But it was allright o.o. Had a lot of nudity though.

So far the best movies I've seen this year were mostly Korean.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:40 pm

I dont get out to the movies much but the two I would really like to see right now are "Hollywoodland" and "The Black Dahlia". Those movies look so awesome... mystery, stylized, etc... they look great... If anyone has seen either of those, please let me know cause they look very interesting...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:53 pm

There's two that I really want to see. Jet Lee's new movie, I can't remember it's name, and "Fly Boys." Both look very good, and I can't wait to see them!!
WrestlingOtaku

Postby soul alive » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:42 pm

*dredges up thread*

We went to go see Little Miss Sunshine this weekend.

I liked it. I haven't laughed that hard during a movie in a long time. Plus, it really deals well with human emotions in families. Loving your family, but hating things they do; trying your hardest for the impossible and not caring if you make a total fool of yourself doing it. My only problem is that they used the f-bomb WAY, WAY too much (I hate that word).

We're going to try to get to Flyboys next weekend.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Saw the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre tonight. I really liked it. It was not for the weak of Stomach it was very violent
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:11 pm

I have a free ticket to go see Open Season (that is, a value up to 8 bucks off :/) and I would go see it, but our theatre in town is povo and only play 3 movies MAX a week (usually just 2 though :/) So I'm pretty sure my coupon will expire before it even comes here^^ I can still hope... free movie is still a free movie.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:57 pm

i want to see open season and fearless. they both look really good.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Sephiroth » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:59 pm

fearless was good. a couple of weeks ago we wen't to see the Dead or Alive movie, it wasn't as bad as ppl thought it would be.
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:58 pm

Recently saw:

Fearless (possibly Li's best)

The Hidden Fortress (ok, this is an oldy I caught at a film fest, but it's fantastic)

Facing The Giants (It was ok, but still better than most christian movies)
Ichigo_89

Postby soul alive » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:02 am

Some roommates and I went to 'One Night with the King' last friday. It was great. I haven't read the book in a couple of years, but it was pretty true to what I remember. The reconstructed ancient Persian architecture also tickled my architecture geek fancy.

I'm thinking about going to see 'Man of the Year' with a friend this weekend.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Just came back form Open Season... it was different, but amused me^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Return to General Entertainment