Evangel live-action!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Angel37 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:43 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The only thing I would worry about would be if they decided to add more sex to the movie than what was in the series to make it more R rated.

In all honesty I think the gore and cussing would probably be enough to make it R so they may not bother.
Angel37

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Really, I don't know why we are talking about this.

This movie is so far off that I don't think it will ever be made.

last I heard Gainax was involved with ADV

That one of the problems. Last year, ADV had only funded about 50% of what they are going to put into it. Right now, ADV is or was the main money backer to this LA movie and I still hear that ADV is having money problems that there is no way that they will put most of the money up for this movie.

If they did and it failed. Then ADV could close up their doors.

Plus, there is going to be four new anime Evangelion movies in the works now and the first one will come out next year.

That is all I can here, but if anyone else wants the info. You can PM me for me.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Myoti » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:30 pm

Good sir, you have proven your point!

XDD How true. And yeah, that is a good point.

Something about this makes me so gleeful, and I can't figure out why... XD

Hopefully the project was cancelled. The real question is: Who would Robin Williams play?

Gendo.

I'm serious.
Myoti

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:26 pm

Myoti wrote:Gendo.

Oh, I hope to high heaven NOT! I do NOT see Robin Williams playing Gendo Ikari! Granted, he is an Eva fan, and he would have the voice for it, but he just seems a little too...goofy for the role...maybe he can have a cameo as Pen-Pen?

I know that I would really flip if I were to see some of the US V/A's play their characters--IE Allison Keys (SP?) as Misato or Amanda Winn Lee as Yui Ikari.

If he were still alive, (and had more hair) Yule (SP?) Brinner ["The Ten Commandments", "The King and I"] would have made a PERFECT Gendo! HE had that really cold, calculating voice that sends shivers up and down your spine!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:43 am

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:If he were still alive, (and had more hair) Yule (SP?) Brinner ["The Ten Commandments", "The King and I"] would have made a PERFECT Gendo! HE had that really cold, calculating voice that sends shivers up and down your spine!

Yule Brenner, haha! I can see it now..."Launch the Eva, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!!" XD

Ummm...King and I. Yeah. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Animus Seed » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Orange Kitten wrote:There is no need to think this film has died out just because there have been no updates in the past 2 years...The film was only ANNOUNCED 2 or 3 years ago. Movies like this take YEARS to make...they're still working on the script lol. (but alas, if the script never finishes or ADV gets no backing...then no movie.)

To attest to this, I site two films: Spider-man and Aliens vs. Predator. (I'm saying nothing about the quality of either film, just pointing out how long those took to make.)

And I trust WETA with special effects.

As for Robin Williams, Eva-01 had a cameo in One Hour Photo, so that should be enough for him, I say.*

*(One Hour Photo also had a miraculous video-game reference: a PS2 visible next to the TV, with an actual PS2 controller in the kid's hand, and an actual PS2 game on screen.)
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Yule Brenner, haha! I can see it now..."Launch the Eva, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!!" XD

Ummm...King and I. Yeah. XD

*suddenly has an image of Gendo yelling at Shinji--"YOUR HEAD WILL BE NO HIGHER THAN MINE!" ...I haven't even seen the anime yet and I can already see that...XD*

One thing that kinda worries me about this film, though? I have a really hard time thinking of good, young actors that are about the right age. I don't really like most of the young stars that are popular these days x.x; The only thing I can think is "Well...maybe if it takes the movie long enough, Dakota Fanning will be old enough to play a role..."
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:05 pm

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:*suddenly has an image of Gendo yelling at Shinji--"YOUR HEAD WILL BE NO HIGHER THAN MINE!"

hehe, Yule Brenner is the real life Edward Elric, just without automail and can sing and knows how to handle a six shooter!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:hehe, Yule Brenner is the real life Edward Elric, just without automail and can sing and knows how to handle a six shooter!

Wingzero22

XD It's a good thing Edward was never a king, all of his subjects would have to walk on their knees all the time!

(Don't kill me! I'm an Ed fangirl! XD)

...Wow, I'm starting to get off topic. Let's see...on topic...on topic....

Um...well. Actor for Gendo...from what I know of the character...mm...
....Viggo...Mortensen?

...'Kay, that'd be just a weird choice. XD
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:35 pm

As long as Weta lists that on their featured projects, I'd say it still may happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Myoti » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:48 pm

Oh, I hope to high heaven NOT! I do NOT see Robin Williams playing Gendo Ikari! Granted, he is an Eva fan, and he would have the voice for it, but he just seems a little too...goofy for the role...maybe he can have a cameo as Pen-Pen?

You haven't seen him in his more 'serious' roles, have you? Well, I haven't really either (Xp) , but he's been doing more lately and I can actually seem him fitting the role fairly well (I can even sort of imagine him sitting there, with the glasses, elbows propped up and hands together....).
Myoti

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:12 pm

The pivotal casting is still going to be Shinji,Asuka,Rei and Misato.
mitsuki lover

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:23 am

Myoti wrote:You haven't seen him in his more 'serious' roles, have you? Well, I haven't really either (Xp) , but he's been doing more lately and I can actually seem him fitting the role fairly well (I can even sort of imagine him sitting there, with the glasses, elbows propped up and hands together....).

Gendo needs to be less... Well, less OHP and more hitler... Hitler would be a good person to play Gendo, good thing he's dead. It would be far too creepy to have THAT accurate a gendo...

Robin Williams may be able to do creepy and dark, but he can't do angry very well.. His one hour photo angry wouldn't fit Gendo, and don't even talk about the way he usually did angry... His angry is too recognizable in his comedy movies...

Besides, he may be done with his dark movie phase, but who knows... Has he ever done a sci-fi movie? Toys was sorta sci-fi, I guess... That afterlife movie wasn't sci-fi, but it was fantasy... Wait... That's right... He started off as MORK FROM ORK!!! If he could revert to that form, he'd have no trouble playing kaworu... hahaha...

Um... I never really understood this, whenever a movie on a previous franchise was announced, there would always be discussions on who should play who... The chances of being right are small, and people being cast for your reasons are small... That's not why people are cast... Even people that seem obvious in retrospect may not have seemed so obvious beforehand...

Considering Weta kept their Japanese names in their concept art, have you considered that maybe they'll all be (except maybe asuka) Asian?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:12 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Gendo needs to be less... Well, less OHP and more hitler... Hitler would be a good person to play Gendo, good thing he's dead. It would be far too creepy to have THAT accurate a gendo...

Yeah, he has to be the most despicable character in anime. Or at least, the most despicable dad. :thumb:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:48 am

Bobtheduck wrote:
Considering Weta kept their Japanese names in their concept art, have you considered that maybe they'll all be (except maybe asuka) Asian?

Maybe, but orignally the concept art had americanized names on them. When people complained, they released art with the original Japanese names instead. (Or so I've heard, at least.) So it's possible they'd switch back to the american names.

For the sake of accuracy, though, I'd prefer the Japanese names.
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:28 am

Here's a random thought for the role of Gendo...though I'm not sure he would be willing to cut his hair, dye it a different color, and play one of the most dispicable characters known to anime...

Vic (Edward Elric) Mignona (I know I spelled it wrong! Be glad I spelled it AT ALL!!!)

::Sees Vic Fangirls holding sharp, pointy sticks and bricks:: Oro? YAH!!!

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ashfire » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:59 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Gendo needs to be less... Well, less OHP and more hitler... Hitler would be a good person to play Gendo, good thing he's dead. It would be far too creepy to have THAT accurate a gendo...

Robin Williams may be able to do creepy and dark, but he can't do angry very well.. His one hour photo angry wouldn't fit Gendo, and don't even talk about the way he usually did angry... His angry is too recognizable in his comedy movies...

Besides, he may be done with his dark movie phase, but who knows... Has he ever done a sci-fi movie? Toys was sorta sci-fi, I guess... That afterlife movie wasn't sci-fi, but it was fantasy... Wait... That's right... He started off as MORK FROM ORK!!! If he could revert to that form, he'd have no trouble playing kaworu... hahaha...

Um... I never really understood this, whenever a movie on a previous franchise was announced, there would always be discussions on who should play who... The chances of being right are small, and people being cast for your reasons are small... That's not why people are cast... Even people that seem obvious in retrospect may not have seemed so obvious beforehand...

He played a robot in a movie called Bicentennial Man. Also a Disney remake Flabber.
ashfire

Postby Rocketshipper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:35 pm

my two cents on this: I think they should cast Hugo Weaving as Gendo. That would be awesome.

*Shinji walks into Nerv Headquaters*
Gendo; Mr. Ikari welcome back...we missed you.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:14 pm

Remember though that Neon Genesis Evangelion mainly revolves around
Shinji,Misato,Rei and Asuka so those have to be the parts that are cast before any of the others.
Do you think they could get Danny Devito to play Pen Pen?
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:00 pm

I just got Wizard Anime Insider and in the magazine it talks about a four part movie project called Evangelion: Rebuild reportedly serve as a story distinct from the original series. It will encompassing a prequel, a midseries movie, a sequel and a final film.
All who were involved in the series will be doing the project except for the voice actors and episode directors Seiji Mizushima and Tensai Okamura are absent from the production.
I believe this will be a anime and not live action.
ashfire

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:18 pm

(sorry for the double post)
Ichigo_89

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:19 pm

[quote="Rocketshipper"]my two cents on this: I think they should cast Hugo Weaving as Gendo. That would be awesome.

*Shinji walks into Nerv Headquaters*
Gendo]
I whole-heartedly second that. Agent Ikari... :cool:
Ichigo_89

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:30 pm

But what inquiring minds really want to know would they have any Misato fanservice for the fanboys?
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:35 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:But what inquiring minds really want to know would they have any Misato fanservice for the fanboys?

You know, that's...just kind of disturbing. o_o;
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Not if you seen the entire series and noticed that there was plenty of either Asuka or Misato fanservice for the fanboys.

Any way from what I have read at Theotaku it seems like they are going ahead with the four new animated movies.One of them will supposedly center around
Kaworu and Rei and be set prior to the series.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:39 pm

Remember, guys, this thread right here is a fire blazing on a thin sheet of ice.

In short, remember that we don't discuss Eva. This thread is probably more suited for news updates such as casting calls and tentative release dates (despite the fact that I seriously doubt either will ever happen [at least not in the next five years].)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Hm...No! Screw Eva!

Make a Giant Robo Live action movie, even if it's horrible I won't come out of it feeling hopeless.
Solid Ronin

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:07 pm

I don't know if they're actually going to have a live action movie as right now it appears that all the effort is going into the four new anime movies.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:18 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Remember, guys, this thread right here is a fire blazing on a thin sheet of ice.

Ooooh! Nice analogy!

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:39 pm

ashfire wrote:I believe this will be a anime and not live action.

All four will be an anime.

Oh and I went to Weta Workshop webpage. There is nothing new about the project.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment