Bob Barker Celebrates 35 Years On TPIR

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Bob Barker Celebrates 35 Years On TPIR

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:04 pm

That's The Price Is Right for those of you who haven't guessed it.Bob Barker has been doing it since September 4,1972 when it was still only a
half hour show and was called The New Price Is Right.That's a lot longer than I believe most CAA members have been alive. :lol:
Before Barker the host had been Bill Cullen who was best known for his appearance as panelist on classic game shows such as To Tell The Truth and
What's My Line?
For those of us over 40 the show that introduced us to Bob Barker was
Truth Or Consequences. :thumb:
mitsuki lover

Postby ClosetOtaku » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm

OK, I'll admit it... I watched the first episode of The (New) Price is Right. It must have been Labor Day, we were off school (and school didn't start for us until the day after Labor Day in Pennsylvania)... I remember Bill Cullen (from a game show called I Guess)... and Jeopardy before Alex Trebek (he was on a game show called High Rollers)... and The Match Game (before the New Match Game)... and I used to love Concentration with the rebuses... game shows have come down a notch or two since then... (and who could forget Tell the Truth and What's My Line?)...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby meboeck » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:57 pm

WOW. That's a long time. The Price is Right is my favorite game show, and Bob Barker is awesome. I can't believe he's been doing it for so long.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Bob Barker is kinda like Dick Clark--he ain't going NOWHERE FAST! I swear, he looks the same each and every year. They MUST keep him in formaldehyde somewhere between shows!:lol:

Bless his heart, he's still kicking it with his neat white hair, nice sharp suit, and the same very skinny microphone...(Come on, give the dude a new mic! It's been 35 freaking years!)
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:31 pm

I think Alex Trebek might come in second since he's been doing Jeopardy since they brought it back in the late '80s.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:07 am

Now that Bob Barker has done his last show and is now waiting waiting to see who replaces him as the host of the Price Is Right, who would CAA members see as the new host?
I have heard Drew Carey as a possibility.
ashfire

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:22 pm

I'd like to see whoever it is be a woman for a change.Aside from Ann Robinson on
The Weakest Link there haven't been too many female hosts on game shows,so it would be nice to see a woman get the chance.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment