What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:42 pm

hunter x hunter volume 10
getbackers volumes 15
shonen jump - october
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Vagabond

I got into this series again because I had a few minutes with nothing to do and an internet connection. Still far too drawn out, but it has some worthwhile elements.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:54 pm

Startign Fruits Basket vol 11 tomorrow. Ah, manga is so helpful to cue boredom during breaks at work^^ Better than re-reading the same US mag or whatever every day about celebrities and their problems :/
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kurama » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:56 pm

Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 6 ^^ Yue is in there!
Kurama

Postby chimera189 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:14 pm

Bleach 15
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:28 am

Death Note in English. Somehow I didn't realize how much more upsetting vol. 7 would be when translated.
Aka-chan

Postby mai » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:16 am

Ghost Hunt vol.3
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:04 am

Claymore vol. 1
Aka-chan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:40 am

Yesterday I started Full Moon vol. 4

Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:50 am

Recently I caught up on Hellsing. It's really rather easy, given how little dialogue most of the chapters contain. I also read more of MAR, though unfortunately I can't seem to find the ending of it. Now I just need to pursue Blade of the Immortal...
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:08 pm

Bought vol.2 of Full Metal Panic Overload today.I think this is one of those series that I will become addicted to.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sennin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:13 am

I started reading Inuyasha volume 42. That means I'm eight volumes away from the projected end of the series!
"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
-Theodore Roosevelt

When asked what wine he liked to drink, he replied, “That which belongs to another.â€
Sennin

Postby Bap » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:32 pm

One Piece Vol. 8. <3
Bap

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:11 pm

Sennin wrote:I started reading Inuyasha volume 42. That means I'm eight volumes away from the projected end of the series!

ONLY 8 more to go?! @_@... Oy... a whole 50 volumes is... just too big for the series^^ Think ya can PM me on what's been happening? After watching the whole anime and being thouroughly dissapointed, I'm open to spoils on JUST how the manga is playing out...

As for me, just started Azumanga vol 2. I love that series^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:27 pm

Recently I've been reading the Dragon Quest manga, Dai's Adventure. Not that great, but somewhat interesting. I particularly find it fascinating in how similar it is to Beet the Vandel Buster (made by the same author/artist team). I have been very disappointed by how derivative BtVB is in some ways, but I suppose it is really just like a much improved version of Dai's adventure.
uc pseudonym

Postby mai » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:48 pm

Her Majesty’s Dog vol.1
I really enjoyed this, the characters were developed nicely and the story seems to be set up well.

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

• Loss of motivation

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:23 pm

Still working my way through of the few chapter scans available of Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce (at least as we know it as "A Link to the Past").

Tenshi no Ai

Postby boerseun » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:55 pm

Kamikaze vol. 2 Still not sure if I'll read vol. 3 though. Good, but it pushes the edges for me a bit.
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

Phil. 3:7-11
boerseun

Postby SaintGabriel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:40 pm

I was reading Battle Angel Alita.
But it was kinda... disturbing at some points.
A good... disturbing.... good... story.
SaintGabriel

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:46 pm

Most recently, the first volume of the Trinity Blood manga. Not particularly noteworthy. Also, I have begun MAR: Omega, but I plan to drop it if it doesn't impress me within a few chapters. I really should do more productive things with my time than read such a generic manga.

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Still working my way through of the few chapter scans available of Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce (at least as we know it as "A Link to the Past").

Your post has inspired me to look for more Legend of Zelda manga again. I've read most of them, but not all (and as far as I know, they're still being made). It's a shame that they aren't exceptionally good, though. The game plots deserve a full-length series, not a few volumes.
uc pseudonym

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:02 pm

Eyeshield 21 Vol. 6
Aka-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:21 pm

Claymore Volume 4 (finally released)
Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volumes 1-5

I've already given my thoughts on Claymore, and I wish I had a way of getting later chapters (or at least solid information). As for the latter, it's surprisingly like the other Dragon Quest manga, but I'm going to read as much as I can find because certain elements have impressed me. For example, I was certain a certain main character wouldn't die despite the odds... and she died.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:19 pm

eyeshield 21 volume 10
monster volume 12
getbackers 16
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby chimera189 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:41 pm

Moonphase 3 and 4
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

chimera189

Postby kryptech » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:04 pm

I just picked up Fullmetal Alchemist vol 6 from the library today - woo hoo! I've been waiting quite some time. And happily they've gotten vol 7 and 8 too, so I'll be getting them once 6 is done.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:07 pm

Fruits Basket Volumes 1 and 2
Fullmetal Alchemist Volumes 1 and 2

That's nothing special... but I'm reading both of them for a literature class! Our teacher wanted to have a manga unit, and it has arrived. Fullmetal Alchemist is just review for me (though I enjoyed rereading it, especially with full knowledge of recent events), but this is the first time I've sat down with a serious commitment to finish Fruits Basket. I'm not impressed for a lot of reasons which I will not ennumerate here due to the series' rabid fanbase.
uc pseudonym

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Sagacious you are, UC.

Buso Renkin Vol. 2. - I think Watsuki's imagination got a little out of hand this time around...
W Juliet Vol. 12 - Probably no one is reading this series except for me, but I love it.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:33 am

I just started reading Negima online along and have finished Kingdom Hearts. Will be writing a review soon.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mai » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:54 pm

Her Majesty’s Dog #3
It’s nice that she is introducing new characters, but the “I’m really a good person, I’m just misunderstoodâ€

• Loss of motivation

mai

Postby chimera189 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:55 pm

3x3 eyes 6 and 7 [import]
this is more of an attempt than actually reading

chimera189

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews