Kappa Mikey

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Kappa Mikey

Postby Puguni » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:42 pm

It's this new show on Nickelodeon, and I think it's about this group of people who are actors in a show. The thing is that the art is such a parody of anime, except for the main character, who for some reason looks different and has thicker lines than everyone else.

I watched this and I felt myself grimace a lot. The frames stink, and their art is inconsistent; sometimes it's ok, and sometimes it's just bizarrely bad. I didn't think it was funny, and though it seems I'm taking this parody show too seriously, I didn't think it was that great, goofy or otherwise.

Anyone else?
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:43 pm

I thought this was gonna be stupid. from the previews it look as though they were making fun of anime way to much. Taking all the cliches and using to try to make Anime look stupid. /rant

That being said I did get a laugh out of part of the commercials that were actually genuinly funny and not funny at the expense of anime.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby beau99 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:28 pm

Puguni wrote:It's this new show on Nickelodeon, and I think it's about this group of people who are actors in a show. The thing is that the art is such a parody of anime, except for the main character, who for some reason looks different and has thicker lines than everyone else.

Because he's an American who stars in a fictional anime.

The artwork is intentinally bad... but otherwise, it's the best anime parody ever. I mean... there's nowhere else that you're gonna find someone who goes to actual pirates in order to pirate a video game. That's absolute genius.
beau99

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:51 am

yes they do make fun of anime i think. and if they aren't, then they can't even touch the way anime artisys draw big eyes and crazy faces. THIS SHOW IS A DISGRACE! People at school make fun of anime, and this will only fuel their jokes.

oh, there is another show by the same creators called shuriken school. it copys naruto. they are 1/2 step away from calling it ninja acadamy.
rurouninaruto

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:58 am

*shrugs* I haven't watched it, but I think the ads are kind of funny. I have no problem with parodies of anime. I always make fun of stuff I like. XD (You should've seen me make fun of the LOTR movies, and I"m a huge fan of both the movies and the books!)
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby beau99 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:30 pm

rurouninaruto wrote:yes they do make fun of anime i think. and if they aren't, then they can't even touch the way anime artisys draw big eyes and crazy faces. THIS SHOW IS A DISGRACE! People at school make fun of anime, and this will only fuel their jokes.

So... you can't laugh at yourself once in a while? Sorry, but that's a little sad.

oh, there is another show by the same creators called shuriken school. it copys naruto. they are 1/2 step away from calling it ninja acadamy.

No, sorry. Shuriken School is French and in no way resembles Naruto.
beau99

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:20 pm

I've always said, if something is good, parodies are fine, because you can sit back and laugh at them and know that the show is good on its own merits.

But if parodies make you angry or upset, it's because the original wasn't that good in the first place.

And saying Shuriken School is the same as Naruto because they both have ninjas is like saying Alien is the same as E.T. because they both have aliens.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby dyzzispell » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:47 pm

I sat through 10 minutes of one show, and hated it so much, that as soon as it broke for commercial, I changed it and haven't gone back since. It's almost like they try too hard to imitate anime, and in so doing, making it look more stupid than funny. :eyebrow:
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby beau99 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:24 pm

dyzzispell wrote:I sat through 10 minutes of one show, and hated it so much, that as soon as it broke for commercial, I changed it and haven't gone back since. It's almost like they try too hard to imitate anime, and in so doing, making it look more stupid than funny. :eyebrow:

That's why it's hilarious. They're doing it intentionally.
beau99

Postby rurouninaruto » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:28 am

So... you can't laugh at yourself once in a while? Sorry, but that's a little sad.

i can laugh at myself, but when i get relentlessly picked on at school for my anime obsession, it gets tiring.
rurouninaruto

Postby beau99 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:37 am

Ignore those people.
beau99

Postby rurouninaruto » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:52 am

yup. they just think anime is yugioh and pokemon.... the don't know that there are some awsome shows out there.
rurouninaruto

Return to General Entertainment