Death Note LIVE ACTION!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Seppuku » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:31 pm

woah warnerbros. is produceing it, it seems to be of good quality, wich is good cuase i really am looking forward to this.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 pm

Is it coming to america?
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:24 pm

I don't know. I'm just going to torrent it as soon as it comes out on dvd in Japan.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:08 pm

Alright, I watched it on youtube. =] I wasn't able to watch straight through because it wouldnt all load fast enough, but I saw enough of it to understand it. It's all in bad grammer english also, but I could understand it well enough.

My thoughts.... everything was kind of dumbed down. Light does things that the L of the manga would have caught in seconds, and generally doesn't seem to have long-term thought in his actions.

[spoiler]ie. how he introduces himself to Raye Penbar accusing Raye of following him, how he writes detailed things in the deathnote that would lead any five year old straight back to him if someone got ahold of the deathnote[/spoiler]

Misora Naomi is also a bit... off. The actress tries to play her all "bad girl" like and it just seems odd. I mean, she has information about Light AND she apparently has L's cell phone number but instead she tries to strike it on her own or something. Oookay...

[spoiler]The fact that she shows up on the train and is leaning over Raye when he dies is annoying. If L really thought he needed her for information he would have done everything to find her. It's a real cop out when he's just like... eh, she went missing *shrug*... I know it sets up for later, but still. *pout* It was something that the manga characters wouldn't have done.[/spoiler]

In general there are alot of plotholes that should have messed up Light's plans but didn't because HEY there's gonna be a sequel and we need to keep him around. Then there's Shiori, the stereotypical self-righteous girlfriend. Goodness I didn't like her, but it all turns out okay in the end. In fact, the end was probably the best part and was a brilliant choice on the director/writers' part.

Possibly the best part of the movie is the last scene. I'll put this in spoilers...

[spoiler]Alright, if you've read the manga you're familiar with the whole TV in the chip bag to avoid the cameras thing. So, Light does that in the movie and then later after the incident at the end of the movie he asks to join the investigation team. L then walks up and says he can be in the investigation team. He then pulls out the SAME TYPE OF CHIPS that Light had been eating when L watched him on the cameras and starts eating them. They stand off staring at each other and it is SO AWESOME.[/spoiler]

Ahhh man.... wow. I have to say, L makes the movie. He has the antics down really well.
Kawaiikneko

Previous

Return to General Entertainment