Snakes On A Plane

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Kkun » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:35 am

It was way more enjoyable than I expected. I'm not going to argue with Puritan that the sex scene was gratuitous but I thought the violence, for a movie about people getting attacked by snakes on a plane, was fine. It was kind of an anti-action movie in the way Scream was kind of an anti-horror movie. It was rife with cliche and absurdity, and I had a good time, overall. There were a few parts that had me rolling, actually. I thought just as an action movie that it was pretty good. Maybe not this generation's Evil Dead, but it was better than I was expecting.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:05 am

Ultimately, the true test of its sustainability is whether people talk about it (which makes other people want to see it so that they won't feel left out). You guys are all talking about it.

Q.E.D.
Mithrandir

Postby Ingemar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm

I just saw it, and I think it definitely will make more than enough to break even.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:50 pm

Probably the best movie of the last ten years.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:55 pm

This movie was so awesome. I only have one thing to say.

"All praises to the Playstation!"

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:15 pm

Quite possibly the most stupid movie ever created. Heck, The Lizzie McGuire movie was better then this crap! I almost got thrown out of the theatre after creating a disruption while demaning that the theatre pay me my money back. They said the movie was good but that was false advertisement! Seriously. Jackson, the director, New Line, everyone one else who was in this movie, etc etc should be strung out and shot 50 times and then lite on fire!! If you have any IQ, you should know that this movie is only there to please a the mind-numbed zombie masses who has no clue what entertainment is.

Or so would say a up-tight moviegoer who has no idea what she or she is talking about. I have yet to see it but it looks like something I would enjoy. Though I proably will see this on DVD. I hardly ever go to the theatres unless it's for something phenominal.
Hitokiri

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:20 pm

EDIT: Gotta learn to read full post clearer
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:22 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Ouch no need to be so hostile. So you didn't like the movie. So just say that not insult everyone who likes it.

You didn't read the second half of his post, did you? XD

Nate

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:31 pm

So um, i didnt see any previews for this thing at first, so when i heard the title, i took it all metophorical.

I was all like 'oh snakes on a plane? like ... snakes like bad men? or like... maybe its like.. Sakes as in evil on a plain of good? On a plain of truth?" and then i found out... no.. its just snakes. on a plane. like.. hissy snakes. on an airplane.

and when i told my boyfriend he was like, 'You think too much."

XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Locke » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:54 pm

Hitokiri wrote: Or so would say a up-tight moviegoer who has no idea what she or she is talking about. I have yet to see it but it looks like something I would enjoy. Though I proably will see this on DVD. I hardly ever go to the theatres unless it's for something phenominal.
I LOL'd.

Anyone else into Cobra Starship? I'm seeing them in a few weeks and wondering if anyone else likes this band (since they were created BY the movie)
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Kkun » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:56 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Quite possibly the most stupid movie ever created. Heck, The Lizzie McGuire movie was better then this crap! I almost got thrown out of the theatre after creating a disruption while demaning that the theatre pay me my money back. They said the movie was good but that was false advertisement! Seriously. Jackson, the director, New Line, everyone one else who was in this movie, etc etc should be strung out and shot 50 times and then lite on fire!! If you have any IQ, you should know that this movie is only there to please a the mind-numbed zombie masses who has no clue what entertainment is.

Or so would say a up-tight moviegoer who has no idea what she or she is talking about. I have yet to see it but it looks like something I would enjoy. Though I proably will see this on DVD. I hardly ever go to the theatres unless it's for something phenominal.

*clap clap clap*
Kkun

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:58 pm

XD actually I didn't read it fully enough I have a knack of skimming posts and then missing key points AKA the good stuff XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Locke wrote:I LOL'd.

Anyone else into Cobra Starship? I'm seeing them in a few weeks and wondering if anyone else likes this band (since they were created BY the movie)

Erm. no?... I thought that song at the end was horrible. For a movie like this they should have had like, weird al pop up and sing something about snakes on a plane.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:49 pm

Locke wrote:I LOL'd.

Lol Cobra Starship doesn't have material to *get* into. It's a one song group made up of people from different bands. It's just a play on the Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship names. Plus the song sucks.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Angel37 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:03 pm

I saw Snakes on a Plane and Little Miss Sunshine on the same day.

LMS was a MUCH better comedy. It was FANTASTIC.

SoaP (lol...soap) was......I dunno. Just kinda cult-movie ish like Rockie Horror Picture Show. I thought some parts were cool but overall it only got a 3/5 on my book while LMS got 5/5.
Angel37

Postby Ninja Rob » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:25 am

I saw it. It was okay. Stupidly funny, I guess.
"That Man, born in That Day and also known by the alias This Guy or That Person, is well-known among ninja of the world for developing That Jutsu and his key role in That Incident. However, he should not be confused with That Man who is That Man but is not really That Man." -Uncylopedia.org, on the Naruto character That Man
Ninja Rob

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:55 am

not allowed to see alot of rated r movies. usually some of them look dumb anyway. this one looks really dumb!
rurouninaruto

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:30 am

GrubbTheFragger wrote:I have a nackt of skimming posts and then missing key points AKA the good stuff XD

I think you mean knack... Nackt is german for Naked... Speaking of naked, I hear the snakes particularly like to go for two body parts... *shiver* Of course, the comparison to evil dead would fit in that regard... I haven't seen evil dead, but isn't it supposed to have a scene similar to Christabella's fate in Silent Hill... Still, snake on snake is still rather visceral...

I don't think I'd watch this one... It's just a bit too over the top for me... Like happy tree friends! It'd get old in about 2 minutes, then I'd just be swimming from one gory scene to the next...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:33 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Nackt is german for Naked... Speaking of naked, I hear the snakes particularly like to go for two body parts... *shiver*

Oh well color me stupid *grabs crayon with stupid on it *. And yes there are two parts that "two parts" of the body are attacked.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:31 pm

Snakes attack what they can reach.That they might attack certain body parts as more to do with those particuliar parts being more vulnerable to being bitten than anything else.
mitsuki lover

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:52 pm

I saw it the Sunday after it came out.
I'd like to make two recommendations:
1- Take your ID with you, because the ticket person may think that you're only 16 when in fact you're 21 and you don't want to have to go all the way home.
2- Don't go with your brother.

As for the movie itself, I LOVED it. It was sort of like Power Rangers, it was sooo stupid and ridiculous and dumb and pointless that it was great.

All the way through it I kept thinking that it would be totally awesome if someone dressed like St Patrick popped up out of nowhere.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:02 pm

Nah, I'm not going to see it. For one thing, I like snakes (and it irritates me when they're portrayed as mindless). But the main reason is, I don't want to see people having intercourse in a bathroom... =__=
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby fairyprincess90 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:48 pm

ewww i dont like that movie and i didnt even go see it... heh. my bro did though and he said it was scary... and the dumb thing is... he went to go see it the night before he went to florida... ON A PLANE! he was like freaking out so bad and i was like... ehem. its your fault...
anyways i read the review and i was like.. whoa i cant believe he went to see this with all the sexual content and language!
heh.

[color="Magenta"]www.bethmarie.org[/color]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]My ♥ belongs to TimothyMichael[/SIZE][/color]
fairyprincess90

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:Nah, I'm not going to see it. For one thing, I like snakes (and it irritates me when they're portrayed as mindless). But the main reason is, I don't want to see people having intercourse in a bathroom... =__=

Yeah, not much can be done about the second reason. But just so you know, the reason the snakes are portrayed as mindless is because they were sprayed down with mating pheremones. In fact, when Flynn calls the snake expert, the snake expert says "This makes no sense, these snakes wouldn't just attack people for no reason." So it's not like the snakes are just shown as mindless killers.

Nate

Postby Kkun » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:59 am

kaemmerite wrote:Yeah, not much can be done about the second reason. But just so you know, the reason the snakes are portrayed as mindless is because they were sprayed down with mating pheremones. In fact, when Flynn calls the snake expert, the snake expert says "This makes no sense, these snakes wouldn't just attack people for no reason." So it's not like the snakes are just shown as mindless killers.

"This is just great.....SNAKES ON CRACK!"
Kkun

Postby Heart of Sword » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:02 am

Yeah, not much can be done about the second reason. But just so you know, the reason the snakes are portrayed as mindless is because they were sprayed down with mating pheremones. In fact, when Flynn calls the snake expert, the snake expert says "This makes no sense, these snakes wouldn't just attack people for no reason." So it's not like the snakes are just shown as mindless killers.

Ohhhhh...I see. Well, that's good.

"This is just great.....SNAKES ON CRACK!"

:lol:
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:19 pm

Kkun wrote:"This is just great.....SNAKES ON CRACK!"

If that's a line from the movie...ROFL. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:55 pm

Well, what I heard from my buds is that the movie was horrible and that it was too graphic in the morbid and 'other' ways.... So I won't even bother.
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Rachel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Kkun wrote:"This is just great.....SNAKES ON CRACK!"

That's my second favorite line from the movie!! hahaha

I thought about buying the shirt the other day, but then I realized I need to get insurance on my car lol
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:58 am

Ok. Bumpage time. After such a long cruel cold wait.

Steve has seen...SNAKES ON A PLANE.

Now to go back to when this lovely movie came out...I was in real bad shape money wise. Owed my folks like 800 bucks...it was a rough time. So I missed out on seeing it in the magic of a theater view. But, I got it last night...and its review time baby.

For starters, good cast. I was a bit put off by Keenan (think thats his name) having a somewhat serious roll...but, it was forgiven. The rest of the cast was fairly 1 dimensional...which it should have been. Samuel L. Jackson is one of my fav actors...and he was born to do roles like this. I would advise our younger members to avoid this film however. We have a sex scene, and tons of violence. I really have to hand it to the film guys for making such a brutal film. It grabs you by the face (and other parts *laughs*) and does not let you go till the end. Nobody is safe. Not kids, not women, not animals. Good horror films should learn from this. All in all, I give the film an 8/10 It was a hoot and a half. Btw.

We need a sequal. Snakes on a Submarine.
Stephen

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment