Evangel live-action!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:18 pm

I want to get it but I haven't found it yet.
The character I would be most curious to see cast is Misato.I wonder who they would get to play her.
mitsuki lover

Postby Icarus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:26 pm

I've been wondering for the past few days why this hasn't been moved to General Entertainment?
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Interesting thing is, the director is going to be a South Africa, a fellow named Neil Blomkamp, though I have never heard of him, personally.
bigsleepj

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:07 pm

Actually Icarus I have been wondering the same thing since the thread started.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:03 pm

( The mods were hoping it would rapidly descend to the bottom of the pile, actually. I'll go ahead and move it anyway. )
Mithrandir

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:40 pm

What they will probably do is cast a bunch of unknown child actors for Shinji,Rei,
Asuka,Hikari and the other kids and try to get A list actors like Robin Williams for the other roles.
mitsuki lover

Postby Hittokiri04 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:15 am

What they will probably do is cast a bunch of unknown child actors for Shinji,Rei,
Asuka,Hikari and the other kids and try to get A list actors like Robin Williams for the other roles.

But then it'll suck...

Yeah and when did they come out with a Boogiepoplive action movie where was I when this happened?
Hit me up here V
[url=http://]www.myspace.com/otakunocrazo[/url]

[url=http://]http://www.tokyopop.com/Hittokiri04/[/url]

[url=http://]http://www.battlecry.com/battleplan.php?username=Ronin[/url]

www.xanga.com/super_afro_samurai_guy
Yeah I just dusted off the old xanga site.

:dance: IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!! :dance:

Adopted by:
Mega.EXE

Adopted:
beffi90_09
OtakuX
Ditalover
^_^x <---- Kenshin shall rule the world! To help him, copy & paste this in your signature ----> ^_^x
Hittokiri04

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:59 am

Hittokiri04 wrote:But then it'll suck...

Yeah and when did they come out with a Boogiepoplive action movie where was I when this happened?

It won't, necessarily. Nearly all of the main actors in The Lord of the Rings (minus a few) were little-known or no-name actors until that movie was made. And the Boogiepop live action movie was never released (or heard of on a wide scale) in the US; it's only availiable via fansubs.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Hittokiri04 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:14 pm

ok got me there maybe I had spoken too soon.
Hit me up here V

Adopted by:
Mega.EXE

Adopted:
beffi90_09
OtakuX
Ditalover
^_^x <---- Kenshin shall rule the world! To help him, copy & paste this in your signature ----> ^_^x
Hittokiri04

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:43 pm

The Boogiepop movie is the prequel to the actual series.
That's one thing they might do with a live action NGE movie,turn it into a prequel.
Though all discussion at this point of what it will be like and who will be in it may be a bit moot at the moment since it doesn't seem to be anything more than at the rumor stage.
mitsuki lover

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:49 pm

I have been intrested in this for a looong time being a fan of the anime and manga series. I really am pulling for this project! As for name changes, americanizing it, etc. I don't really care personally. Heck, I wouldn't care if they named it the movie "When Angel's Attack", name Shinji "Stevie", Asuka "Ashley", and Rei "Samantha" and have them be 20+, and the setting be in San Franscisco.

As long as I get to see robots bleeding and exploding all over the place, giant realistic monsters, some good dialouge, and maybe a hint of the psychonalitical apporach of the Eva series.

"Snakes on a Plane" shows us that it doesn't have to have awesome special effects, terrific acting, and a jaw-dropping script to become a hit.
Hitokiri

Postby Hittokiri04 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:02 am

I heard that Snakes on A Plane was horible(sp?).

Hitokiri wrote:I have been intrested in this for a looong time being a fan of the anime and manga series. I really am pulling for this project! As for name changes, americanizing it, etc. I don't really care personally. Heck, I wouldn't care if they named it the movie "When Angel's Attack", name Shinji "Stevie", Asuka "Ashley", and Rei "Samantha" and have them be 20+, and the setting be in San Franscisco.

You're a better man than me. I am kind of a purist when it comes to things like that. I don't like it when a remake changes the setting and such of the original. I would ask the question "why they do this? why they change that? or That wasn't like that in the original." And it ends up ruining the movie experiance for me and miss the plot or what the director or whoever is trying to convey.
Hit me up here V

Adopted by:
Mega.EXE

Adopted:
beffi90_09
OtakuX
Ditalover
Hittokiri04

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:19 pm

I perfer that they keep it as much like the original as possible.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:26 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I perfer that they keep it as much like the original as possible.

They'll have to--with an anime like Evangelion, even the smallest deviation from the norm will be picked up on by true Eva-monkeys. (Like myself :hits_self ) If one thing is out of place, then it's "Game Over".

There's been a rumor floating around that Daniel Radcliffe, (Mr. "Harry Potter") would play Shinji Ikari...good idea, but I don't see it happening, unless he could mask his accent.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:24 pm

OT kinda sorry, but I've asked this question before and I don't think I ever got an answer. What exactly is wrong with Evangelion to make it sit on CAA's no discussion list? I mean, what makes it controvercial? I've never seen the show and I had it checked as one I should stay away from since I was under the impression it was extreamly offensive in some way. If someone could just PM me explaining it a bit, I would be very appeciative, thanks.

Ok back on topic... please continue :)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:23 pm

Scarecrow wrote:OT kinda sorry, but I've asked this question before and I don't think I ever got an answer. What exactly is wrong with Evangelion to make it sit on CAA's no discussion list? I mean, what makes it controvercial? I've never seen the show and I had it checked as one I should stay away from since I was under the impression it was extreamly offensive in some way. If someone could just PM me explaining it a bit, I would be very appeciative, thanks.

Scarecrow you should just send a PM to the Mods for the answer.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ashfire » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:02 pm

With the chance of animes or manga story being made into live action I have always said Gunsmith Cats should be a live action movie.
Acourse Anime Insider magazine has always matched anime charactors with movie or TV stars that could play the parts if a movie was made of any series.
I keep waiting for the movie version of the Green Hornet to come out. I keep hearing its in the works by Kevin Smith (Silent Bob).
ashfire

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:38 pm

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see as much story of the orginal series be kept in-tact but if it doesn't come down to it being that way - I am cool with it.

However, when Jackson decided to omit The Scourging of the Shire and botch the death of Saruman, I was ranting, demanding, and protesting. I cooled down shortly after haha. That was not a good time to be around me since any topic, even if about what I had for breakfest, turned around to my hatred against jackson, my disgust at what he did, and how mad I was.
Hitokiri

Postby Arnobius » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:25 pm

ashfire wrote:With the chance of animes or manga story being made into live action I have always said Gunsmith Cats should be a live action movie.
Acourse Anime Insider magazine has always matched anime charactors with movie or TV stars that could play the parts if a movie was made of any series.
I keep waiting for the movie version of the Green Hornet to come out. I keep hearing its in the works by Kevin Smith (Silent Bob).

I'd second GSC. While the anime was very tame compared to the manga (Radinov was nowhere near the category of evil that Grey or Goldie were) the manga had some stories I'd love to see handled as LA movies

Especially if we could get John Woo to direct in the style of his Hong Kong movies like "Killer" and "Hard Boiled" and "A Better Tomorrow" where they shoot hundreds of people in a single gunfight

<wistfully remembers when he had a chance to buy the DVDsbefore they went out of print>
Arnobius

Postby Arnobius » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:32 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Don't get me wrong. I would love to see as much story of the orginal series be kept in-tact but if it doesn't come down to it being that way - I am cool with it.

However, when Jackson decided to omit The Scourging of the Shire and botch the death of Saruman, I was ranting, demanding, and protesting. I cooled down shortly after haha. That was not a good time to be around me since any topic, even if about what I had for breakfest, turned around to my hatred against jackson, my disgust at what he did, and how mad I was.

I still haven't forgiven him. The fact that more people will watch this than read the books, and see the mangling of the deep conflicts of the characters for stupid trite endings was unacceptable. Better never to have filmed the movies than to have Gandalf become an incompetent bungler and to see Frodo expel Sam from the party.
Arnobius

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:46 pm

I think someone said the HP kids were too old for the parts in a live action NGE movie.
As far as it goes I would love to see someone like Tim Burton do a live action
Big O movie.COnsidering the quality of work he did on the original '90s Batman
movie and considering that Big O is simply Batman done with mecha,I think such
a project would turn out pretty well.
Note:Just my thoughts.
mitsuki lover

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:37 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:I still haven't forgiven him. The fact that more people will watch this than read the books, and see the mangling of the deep conflicts of the characters for stupid trite endings was unacceptable. Better never to have filmed the movies than to have Gandalf become an incompetent bungler and to see Frodo expel Sam from the party.

What actually ticked me off the most and seriously, got me enraged was the entire breaking of Gandalf's staff from the Witchking. But that's a different subject.

I personally have been pulling for a live action Samurai X Trust and Betrayal live action.
Hitokiri

Postby Orange Kitten » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:55 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote: But a live action with mechas just sounds incredibly dumb to me.

I guess you're not going to watch Transformers when it comes out lol

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:There's been a rumor floating around that Daniel Radcliffe, (Mr. "Harry Potter") would play Shinji Ikari...good idea, but I don't see it happening, unless he could mask his accent.

He wouldn't have to hide his accent. Why couldn't his character come from England? I doubt any of the characters will actually be Japanese. So if they're going to change the characters from Japanese, then I see no problem in the characters being different nationalities...besides, the Children in Eva were chosen from all over and then brought to Tokyo 3.

There is no need to think this film has died out just because there have been no updates in the past 2 years...The film was only ANNOUNCED 2 or 3 years ago. Movies like this take YEARS to make...they're still working on the script lol. (but alas, if the script never finishes or ADV gets no backing...then no movie.)

And last I heard Gainax was involved with ADV in the making of it...so that's hope.

Pre-Production is the most vital thing in filmmaking...they can take as long as they want as long as it turns out good.

Too bad Stanley Kubrick is dead...this would be his type of film to make. There'd be no doubt the psychological and philosophical themes would be in it.
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:12 pm

You know who would be cool to have as a direct of the movie would be Leonard Nimoy.I think it be interesting to see what kind of Eva movie Mr. Spock would come out with.
btw:Theotaku reported that according to Anime News Network there are four anime movies planned around Eva that will deal with pre-series,during series,after series and wrap it all up.Though none of them are supposed to take the place of either the series or the two current movies,they are supposed to supplement what is already there.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:31 pm

Orange Kitten wrote:He wouldn't have to hide his accent. Why couldn't his character come from England? I doubt any of the characters will actually be Japanese. So if they're going to change the characters from Japanese, then I see no problem in the characters being different nationalities...besides, the Children in Eva were chosen from all over and then brought to Tokyo 3.

Granted, that could work for Asuka because her father is American and her mother is (according to Wikipedia) German/Japanese, but not for Shinji. His mom and dad are Japanese, so it would be confusing to have a kid with an British accent.

Orange Kitten wrote:Too bad Stanley Kubrick is dead...this would be his type of film to make. There'd be no doubt the psychological and philosophical themes would be in it.

Kubrick would've been a GREAT director/producer/writer for this film! I was just watching "2001: A Space Odessey" and all the mind freak moments would fit PERFECTLY with Evangelion!

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Myoti » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:48 pm

But a live action with mechas just sounds incredibly dumb to me.

*cough*
Myoti

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:42 pm

Myoti wrote:Image
*cough*

Good sir, you have proven your point!:lol:

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Noj_R » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:12 pm

This movie is going to be a huge CGI mess. This movie would change everything to fit the everyday american and thus ruin what made the show memorable in the first place.

Look at Rei and Misato, they look like pudgy eskimos for crying out loud! :shake:

Hopefully the project was cancelled. The real question is: Who would Robin Williams play?
Noj_R

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:46 am

Myoti wrote:Image
*cough*

XDD How true. And yeah, that is a good point. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:14 pm

The only thing I would worry about would be if they decided to add more sex to the movie than what was in the series to make it more R rated.
mitsuki lover

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment