Evangel live-action!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Evangel live-action!

Postby Rei » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:52 pm

I can't belive this! Weta Workshop is actually working on plans for an Evengelion Live-action film!...Personaly I think noone could ever pull off creating an anime show live-action that is so techical. Such an indepth anime show as this, just..uh..it just shouldn't be done! If they make this into a movie, it will totally ruin every dream and hope, of all Evangel fans..turning books into movies is one thing, but an anime show..come on.

I could be totally wrong in my thoughts, and the movie could rock all time..but for now, that is what I have to say.

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/filmography/film/neon_genesis
When you search your soul, what do you see?
A broken piece of your heart, or happiness as large as the sea. When you fall to pieces, do you cry, or do you look up to the sky..remembering the promise made, that he will always be there to make darkness fade.

----------------
Dramacon!!!!You have to read this manga!!!
----------------
Alone..Never..Dreamer..Forever..

New layout on my Myspace:
myspace
Rei

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:08 pm

I heard about this a year ago, and yeah, it's pretty interesting. Weta does a good job with their movies, like Lord of the Rings, but they are making some changes that Eva-fans won't be happy with, like Americanizing the names. No more Rei, Shinji, and Asuka, now it's...Well, ok, I forgot, but yeah. XD I'm curious to see how they'll pull it off.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind, they changed it since I last saw the website. XD It looks like they're back to the original names now. That's good. :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Myoti » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:19 pm

This could wind up rather interesting (though I wonder if they could give it a possibly... "happier" ending). I'm liking the look of EVA 01 now and the "Angel" design (pretty much the only things I liked about the series to start with =p ).
Myoti

Postby Chii » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Myoti wrote: I'm liking the look of EVA 01 now and the "Angel" design (pretty much the only things I liked about the series to start with =p ).

That's exactly the same for me.
Seems intereting enough ;)
Whatever the sentiment, Whatever the expression
The most beautiful thing in the world is love
Chii

Postby Uriah » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:04 pm

I don't know if they can find someone with enough mental problems to get shinji to work.
Uriah

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:14 pm

Uriah wrote:I don't know if they can find someone with enough mental problems to get shinji to work.

Tom Cruise? That is, if he was younger... cept I geuss he would be the exact opposite^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby RedMage » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:14 pm

I hope this never actually comes to fruition. They may have apparently dropped the name-changes, but they'll still dumb it down for a larger audience and people still won't understand it anyhow.
"Intercession is the homework of the Kingdom."
RedMage

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:33 pm

I'm not holding my breath for this. Most of those images were done like a year from two years ago.

ADV has only raised 50% of Evangelion Movie Funds and you know that ADV will not make a movie without any backing and funds from other groups.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:13 pm

Forget Eva... I'm still waiting to see how the live action Dragonball Z movie will turn out.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:Forget Eva... I'm still waiting to see how the live action Dragonball Z movie will turn out.

Hahaha, is that even in production anymore? I heard about it YEARS ago, and I'm wondering if they stopped it, or if it was all just some grand rumor to start with. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:20 pm

I'm just hoping people don't give this the same treatment they gave the Da Vinci Code. It's not meant to rip on Christianity.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:20 pm

True, but that pushes the conversation into a relm we'd rather it didn't go.
Please remember that the original series for this title is on the DND. I'm not really sure how this thread can keep from becoming a discussion about NGE, but I'll leave it open just in case.

Please don't make me regret that choice.
Mithrandir

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:40 pm

Actually, these sketches (excluding those of the interior of Eva 2) are pretty old. This project has been crawling a long for what seems to be ages now. The newest hype is that Newtype Japan is boasting about "major Evangelion news" to be published in their next edition. Speculation is that it's probably not live-action Eva news but rather the announcement that there is going to be more Eva anime release by Hideaki Anno (three rehashing movies and one new movie). But who knows-- all the speculation could be wrong and we could get some real news about this.

Personally, I'm pretty skeptical about the project actually coming to fruition. It's been "in the works" for way too long without anything actually happening.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:53 pm

I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but due to the mass amounts of debates on Evangelion, this topic should probably be closed, even if the topic it self hasn't degraded into debate, I think it is the principle of the rules that should be upheld here...

Or I could be completely wrong.

Z.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:18 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Personally, I'm pretty skeptical about the project actually coming to fruition. It's been "in the works" for way too long without anything actually happening.

Same. Nothing on that page has changed since I saw it a year ago, beisdes the names. And that's really nothing to write home about. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Zarn Ishtare wrote:I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but due to the mass amounts of debates on Evangelion, this topic should probably be closed, even if the topic it self hasn't degraded into debate, I think it is the principle of the rules that should be upheld here...

Z.

Well, it's *possible* a similar point had already been made. Perhaps I could suggest a quick scan of WHO had posted if not actually reading the thread...
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:42 am

Since this thread is probably about to be locked, let me get one cast suggestion in: Jonathan Frakes as Gendo Ikari.
There, now you can lock it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:23 am

Jonathan Frakes? In what other movies did he act? That name's not ringing a bell...

Radical Dreamer

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:37 am

Commander Riker from Star Trek:The Next Generation.In that case how about Jeri Ryan as Ritsuko? :thumb:
Rumor has it that Robin Williams is interested,also rumor has it that Tiffany Grant would be interested in playing Asuka's mother or some other cameo
role.
The fact is from what I understand they're interested in finding cameos for the North American voice actors in the movie.Now that would be cool to actually see them on the screen. :cool:
mitsuki lover

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:21 pm

I'd love to see someone pull off the designs well. They can make the sketches look so good, and WETA is awesome. But I don't know/care much about Eva itself. I'd just kind of like to see someone with a lot of resources make those things move on the big screen if they could do a good job. I think it'd be really cool.
Aka-chan

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Zarn Ishtare wrote:I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but due to the mass amounts of debates on Evangelion, this topic should probably be closed, even if the topic it self hasn't degraded into debate, I think it is the principle of the rules that should be upheld here...

Z.

We're watching this thread carefully. However, as you'll note, the thread really isn't about Eva itself, but is rather about the production of a movie. The story itself is not should not be (and will not be permitted to be) an issue in this thread.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:30 pm

I remember this being discussed years ago. Maybe they'll do it someday, but I'm not holding my breath. Seems to me if it was going to have a decent chance, they would have gotten Gainax on board as well. If all they have to go on right now is getting the Special Effects people on board, and not talented writers to do a script that will fit a two hour format instead of 26 episodes of 25 minutes each, it's probably doomed to failure
Arnobius

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:33 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Jonathan Frakes? In what other movies did he act? That name's not ringing a bell...

o_O

You fail, Corrie. You so freaking fail.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Arnobius » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:o_O

Wow, Even I knew that one and I was barely into that genre...

I wonder if he has dreams about a bald man repeating over and over again "Make it so, number one."
Arnobius

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:12 am

It's just that he was so good as the voice of Xanatos on Gargoyles, I think he'd be perfect for Gendo. Besides, he has a beard after all. (Like that matters) And Riker was kind of a control freak at times.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:12 am

Azier the Swordsman wrote:o_O

I so do not fail, because I don't watch the Star Trek TV shows. XD So yeah. *Star Wars fan* But we won't go into that here. :lol:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:37 am

I could care less about it. The only live actions of anime that caught my eye were Boogiepop Phantom, GTO, and Monster. But a live action with mechas just sounds incredibly dumb to me.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:50 pm

The Boogiepop Phantom movie was called Boogiepop And Friends and from what I understand was more of a prequel to the actual anime series.I want to get a DVD of it one of these days. :thumb:
mitsuki lover

Postby Myoti » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:38 pm

I hope this never actually comes to fruition. They may have apparently dropped the name-changes, but they'll still dumb it down for a larger audience and people still won't understand it anyhow.

Beh, who cares about that? I just wanna see giant, cyborg creatures beating the snot out of each other. Even if everything else in the movie sucked, I'd see it just for that. =D
Myoti

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:59 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The Boogiepop Phantom movie was called Boogiepop And Friends and from what I understand was more of a prequel to the actual anime series.I want to get a DVD of it one of these days. :thumb:

Yes I know. I have it, I just haven't seen it yet
Mr. SmartyPants

Next

Return to General Entertainment