Snakes On A Plane

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:56 pm

And before you know it we will have:
Snakes On A Plane II
Snakes On A Plane III
Snakes On A Plane IV
Snakes On A Plane V
Snakes On A Plane:The Tv Series
HELP!
mitsuki lover

Postby Agent Anderson » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:17 am

Get a personal message from Samuel L Jackson here: http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com

I hope they make a sequel "EELS ON A SUBMARINE".
Agent Anderson

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:26 am

Agent Anderson wrote:Get a personal message from Samuel L Jackson here: http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com

I hope they make a sequel "EELS ON A SUBMARINE".

Click
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Or how about:Bats In A Belfry?
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:22 pm

*laughs* I see most the older people love this movie here on CAA. I still need to see it.
Stephen

Postby Kurama » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:30 pm

o.0; it looks a little corny to me..
Kurama

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:09 pm

[quote="Kurama"]o.0]

That's the whole point. XD This movie is practically the epitome of corny, and that's what makes it so...entertaining. XD I've yet to see it myself (I doubt I'll see it while it's in theaters anyways; if I do see it, it'll be on DVD), but it sure is a lot of fun to make fun of. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:19 pm

I'm waiting for the Harry Potter version: Snapes on a Train.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Kkun » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:00 am

Ark wrote:*laughs* I see most the older people love this movie here on CAA. I still need to see it.

August 18, son. August 18. I can't wait.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby termyt » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:57 am

It had better be corny. It simply won't work as a concept or a movie otherwise.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Dude, what's even more messed up about this movie is there's a soundtrack album with a bunch of emo/pop punk bands on it, plus Coheed and Cambria, which is completely random but hilariously awesome.

I have to see this on opening night.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kkun » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:41 am

I'm getting a big group rounded up to go already. It's going to be marvelous.

And also, the soundtrack is totally a marketing device. It makes me hate the movie just a little bit, but I'm still going to go see it.
Kkun

Postby KBMaster » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:49 pm

Okay, my brother told me that he saw a behind the scenes sneak preview thingy on TV and that he saw that, in the movie, there is a snake that picks up a dog carrier in the cargo room and jumps off the plane with a parachute. Could someone tell me if this is or is not true? Part of me wants to believe it's true, because that's so flippin funny, but another part of me wants me to believe that it's not, because if it's true, Hollywood has sunk to its lowest depth.
KBMaster

Postby Ingemar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:41 pm

I saw the discussion panel for SoaP at Comic Con. What little of the movie they showed us suggested that it won't be the best movie ever (it may even suck) but I'm sure all the hype it generated will allow it to break even.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:28 pm

Ingemar wrote:I saw the discussion panel for SoaP at Comic Con. What little of the movie they showed us suggested that it won't be the best movie ever (it may even suck) but I'm sure all the hype it generated will allow it to break even.

I don't think anyone's really expecting it to be a good movie (as in, good script, good acting, good plot, etc...I mean, what kind of movie has it's plot for a title? XD), but I do think that, if it gets high marks with the box office, it's because of the hype and the overall stupidity of the whole thing. No one's going to take this movie seriously; I just hope the creators understand that. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Stephen » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:23 am

It's gonna win like 20 Academy awards. I vote right now, best lead actor Sam Jackson!
Stephen

Postby Bunny » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:11 am

The projectionists at work are all angry because our manager wants to do a midnight showing of SoaP. I tried explaining to her that the kind of hype generated by SoaP is strangely uneffective on the native rednecks of the area by pointing out how movies like Date Movie and Scary Movie 4 haven't gone over well in the past. She said I should have a little more faith in people...

...*smile and nod.*

I don't think I can honestly let myself support that movie by watching it. Sure, I get the employee discount of $0, basically meaning they're getting nothing from me, but it's just the principle of it all.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Miso_Chan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:54 am

I watched this movie the other day and it was so..........(whats the word....) odd.

I hate snakes. that scared me. I hate snakes. again...I hate snakes.
Miso_Chan

Postby everdred12a » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:45 am

Ingemar wrote:(it may even suck)

No. It *will* suck. But that's why it'll be awesome. It will be so bad that it will be awesome. mSnakes on a Plane will be this generation's 'Evil Dead' (I hope). I mean, this is like, the most popular movie in America... and it's not even out yet.

everdred12a

Postby Stephen » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:34 am

Thank you! Another person sees the similarities to Evil dead. Snakes on a plane will live forever.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:53 am

Golly, people are taking it too seriously.

I mean, if you don't want to see it that's fine, but everyone pointing out how stupid it looks is just reiterating what everyone already knows.

8 hours and 37 minutes to liftoff.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:23 am

Tell em Jamie. I might be catching this Saturday sometime. Just cause I have to. Work prevents me from going in 8 hours.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:03 pm

I glanced at the review in the paper today and it said it was one of those movies that was made for the fans and not for the critics.Do they really make movies for the critics?
mitsuki lover

Postby Ingemar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:01 pm

everdred12a wrote:Snakes on a Plane will be this generation's 'Evil Dead' (I hope).

Just so everyone will not make that mistake again:

Cult film = bombed in theatres + gained a "cult following" once it came out on video.

This is not the case for Snakes on a Plane.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Puritan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:38 pm

Alright, I went to see this with friends this evening, and I have to say that it isn't really the camp classic it's made out to be. Firstly, it's violent. And I mean gross-out violent, I didn't watch large swaths of the movie because of that. I'm generally tolerant of violence (I liked Saving Private Ryan, although the violence there was intended to be realistic), but this was over the top, and not in what I considered to be a funny way, just disgusting. It also has nudity and a sex scene, another turn off. And, honestly, while a couple of Samuel Jackson's lines were funny, the film wasn't really funny, just a strange horror film that was intended to be campy and didn't strike me (or anyone else in my group, for that matter) as really funny. This is NOT a film for younger members, and my personal view is that my money would have been better spent elsewhere. Gratuitous sex and violence, and really no amusement value. Meh, if this is today's "Evil Dead", I'll pass, thanks.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Stephen » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:50 pm

Just so everyone will not make that mistake again:

Cult film = bombed in theatres + gained a "cult following" once it came out on video.

This is not the case for Snakes on a Plane.

So why do some consider Star Wars cult films as far as fan followings go? I don't agree in the least that a Cult following film needs to bomb.
Stephen

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:58 pm

From wikipedia:

Cult film is a colloquial term for a film that has accrued a small but devoted group of fans, having failed to achieve fame outside that group. Sometimes, the group is bound to the film by a shared sense of ridicule for it, rather than artistic merit.

Snakes on a Plane seems to fit that definition, so therefore it is a cult film.

While cult films USUALLY do poorly in theater runs, that is not a requirement for a film to be a cult film.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:45 am

Ark wrote:So why do some consider Star Wars cult films as far as fan followings go? I don't agree in the least that a Cult following film needs to bomb.

Star Wars has a cult following but Star Wars itself is not a cult film, as it is wildly popular even outside its cult fan base.

But yea SoaP is deffenately a cult film with a strong cult following. This movie isn't going to connect with anyone outside the "OMG OMG Soap!!!!!111 s0 fiken awe0m3!!11 Its snakes... on a plane... LOL! OMGOMG GNEIUS! OMG B3st m0vi12 eve12!!" group.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:49 am

There's already a ripoff of it called "Snakes on a Train." It looks like a horror movie (the trailer is quite gory). Hmm...
Funny how all the 'venemous' snakes look like pythons.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:10 am

Another problem with cult films is that they can sometimes be an acquired taste. Exhibit A: Rocky Horror Picture Show.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment