Favorite pass time?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite pass time?

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:29 am

I'm bored, and I thought I'd try out a poll.

Favorite pass time?

-Manga/comics
-Animation
-Drawing or other art
-Listening to music
-Singing
-Entertainment systems(PSP, Gameboy :o , Gameboy Advance, Nintendo)
- reading(like short stories or novels)
-eating
picking your nose
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 am

My favorite pass times include, but don't only consist of^^

Reading Manga, drawing Manga(whether it's original or fanmanga), eating, watching Animation, listening to music.

:grin:
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:59 am

Reading manga, watching anime(tion), singing/listening to music, and playing games^^ Although with work and talking to peoples on MSN, I SO haven't had alot of freetime lately^^ Too tired v_v Oh but eating something's I can do^^ ...when I'm actually hungry that is.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby kryptech » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:23 am

I said drawing, reading, and music. I can't say eating is a passtime for me exactly, however, I do really look forward to my breakfast cereal or a good dinner made by my mom (or, even better, pie!)
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:43 am

Well, if I answered the question as "favorite" I would say nearly all of the options. I enjoy doing many things and I think it is good to have a variety, so I try not to let any one activity dominate my time. Therefore, I answered based on which I actually spend the most time with, which is probably reading, though partially because of work/school books.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:02 pm

Watching anime, reading, eating, listening to music, all of them are fun at different times. I also really enjoy cooking, good conversation, and computer maintenance (for reasons even I don't understand. I am now the go-to guy for my friends if they need a hard drive reformatted and windows reinstalled, I find it fun).
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:38 pm

listening to music,watching animation,reading,manga/comics and planning the overthrow of society as we know it.
mitsuki lover

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:56 pm

Picking your nose FTW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Wow, I chose a lot of these. XD

Manga/comics
Animation (I suppose by this you mean watching, not creating. xD)

Drawing or other art]
Listening to music ]} I often do all three of these at the same time. XD
Singing ]

Entertainment systems(PSP, Gameboy , Gameboy Advance, Nintendo)
reading(like short stories or novels)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Easily my favourite pastime is reading. I also enjoy surfing the Net. I love to write stories and draw and haven't done much of either lately so I'll have to get off my butt and do some more.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Icarus » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:18 pm

Reading, hands down. After that, fiddling with computers, and a spot of math(not one of the options, I know, but fun none the less)
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby loki » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:34 am

Humm… didn’t see sleeping. Nothing is better than a good nap.
:grin:

But out of these defiantly reading. If I get my hands on a good book, I’ll spend all day reading it, forgetting about little things like meals, homework, etc…
I would not mind you in my head, if you were not so clearly mad.
-Lews Therin Telamon(Wheel of time)

Every worthwhile plan is diabolical.
-Tehol (Midnight Tides)

"But…it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn(Last Command)

It’s not paranoia if everybody really is out to get you. -my sister

My brother on discovering that I got my little sister addicted to anime
brother: Your turning Jennifer into a geek.
Me: You are also a geek, you just happen to be good at hiding it.
brother: No I’m not, I just happen to like Star Wars.
Me: Alright, how many squadrons of fighters does a Star Destroyer carry?
brother: Is it a Victory, or a Imperial Class destroyer?
*long pause*
brother: I think I just proved your point.
loki

Postby Bunny » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:50 pm

Listening to music: I can spend whole days looking for my next greatest musical obsession. A lot of my time goes into raiding friends' collections and surfing sites for the goods. I value diversity and the unique over most everything.

Singing: I sing like a bird. Especially in the shower or as I'm cleaning. Don't know what it is about coming clean but I just bubble over with song. I started writing lyrics for a musician friend of mine. Most of the material comes from my spontaneous freestyling in those moments.

Gaming: It's always been the way that me and my brother bond and it's not very likely to fade.

Reading: My bookworm tendencies are now so well-known that I get donations from all varieties of friends and aquaintences. It's wonderful. I love getting old books from friends. It's just so special somehow. :)
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Return to General Entertainment