Eragon: The Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Eragon: The Movie

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:25 pm

yep. while i was in ecuador, i saw a giant cardboard picture for Eragon the movie. it looked pretty cool. however, i've never read the book so i don't know the first thing about the story. i might've thought about reading the book but i'm not a big harry potter fan and i'm not really into reading long books, unless they're really, REALLY interesting. and harry potter doesn't interest me at all.
jon_jinn

Postby EireWolf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:31 pm

I haven't read the book, but it looks kinda' interesting and it was recommended to me. So, I will probably watch the movie at least. :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Maledicte » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:56 pm

Never read the book.

But Jeremy Irons is in it.

Hence I am going to watch it.
Maledicte

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:57 pm

So how old is the guy who created Eragon now anyway?I mean he can't be that old as he wrote the original story some time when he was in his teens.So I suppose he must not be worried about making money any more.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:59 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:So how old is the guy who created Eragon now anyway?I mean he can't be that old as he wrote the original story some time when he was in his teens.So I suppose he must not be worried about making money any more.

what? i thought the book came out only like two or three years ago?
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby The Last Bard » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:57 pm

He is twenty-three. And the book was published in...2003? I think that's right...I'm not sure.
The Last Bard

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:05 pm

The Last Bard wrote:He is twenty-three. And the book was published in...2003? I think that's right...I'm not sure.

whoa. that's really young. that means that he wrote the book when he was like twenty! so he was like still in college!!

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:46 pm

0.0 Eragon, the Movie?!? NOOOOOOO!!!!! Man, I was hoping my book would soon be published to combat the series.....I have no hope know....*sigh*
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:55 pm

Actually, the inside of the first book says he did it when he was nineteen, but-hurk!"

*And thus, the Fact Dictator is silenced for being too snobby about facts, after being shot with a duck from an atomic twinkie, oh yes.*
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:32 pm

The book isn't so great, either is Eldest the follow up.
Paolini's work is slow paced and detailed (but not in a good way), it's also some of the most unoriginal dreck you'll read since it's basically a LotR/Star Wars/Dragons of Pern ripoff. He started writing it when he was 15 and finished it at 19.
His book has nothing to do with Harry Potter either.
I may see the movie but only rented.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:45 pm

really? i heard it was a pretty good book from some of my friends but i guess it might be otherwise. anyways, the movie actually looks interesting, but i'll have to check the reviews before seeing it. IF i ever do go to see it...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:08 pm

Well it may be good if you've never read Tolkien's works or any sword and sorcery style fantasy to begin with and you don't mind a completely unoriginal book, and don't mind overly detailed passages of text that bog down the reader.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:18 am

I haven't been too thrilled with reviews of the book, either. Besides, I've heard he can't write in Olde English correctly.
Maledicte

Postby Seppuku » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:27 am

ive read 3 chapters in borders once and was tempted to buying it, it wasnt incredibly well written but it did seem quite fun, i think it would make a good movie.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:38 am

I didn't hate this book... It took me a while to finish..but I liked the dragons best!

I didn't read eldest...

However, it seemed like the only way he would move the plot along is if the main character got conked on the head and passed out...that got old REAL fast...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:24 am

hmmm...guess the book isn't all that then. anyways, i'm not that big of fantasy novels anyways.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 am

Whoa! Already a movie! I'll have to read this soon then, :lol:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:42 pm

I've read both books. They're good but nothing special.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Ryusei » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:22 pm

Personally, I really enjoyed Eragon and Eldest! They were two of my most favorite books of all time! ^^ I can't wait for the movie to come out! =DDDDDD *bouces up and down*

SirThinks2Much wrote:I haven't been too thrilled with reviews of the book, either. Besides, I've heard he can't write in Olde English correctly.

Yeah, the characters DID say "Aye" an awful lot, even Arya! And she's an elf!
"That's some good advice. Maybe I should write that down, frame it, and stick it up on my wall." - Colonel Karl Lichen Schubaltz (Zoids: Chaotic Century)

"I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours" - Casting Crowns ("Who Am I")
Ryusei

Postby Miso_Chan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:47 pm

contrary to what i think about the books, i'm really looking foreward to the Eragon movie. I hope they don't butcher it like they did with the black cauldron and others. (i really liked the black cauldron books and the movie stunk, really bad). The books are really bad, in my opinion, (and you can find that opinion in another forum under the books in eragon) but sometimes movies are better because they never stay related to the books! but one thing that I think won't be so hot about the movie is Eragon flying on Saphira's back. It probably will be really cheesy. :rant:
私は必死に日本への高等学校の外に移動することを希望し、日本の学生です。とにかく私の場合はより詳細な研究では、メインの仕方を知っているお問い合わせください!

私のお気に入りのアニメをしているカノンは、涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱ハチミツとクローバー、カウボーイビバップ.
Miso_Chan

Postby memmer66 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:46 pm

Movie was worth the watch, isn't nearly as good as the book, coulda been better.
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:22 pm

I've read the book Eragon. I thought it was very well done, and a nice breath of fresh air compared to most of the books I've seen today.

Yeah, I've read a good amount of Tolkien's work and I loved Eragon. How was it a ripoff? You could tell from a mile away it was inspired by it, but it by no means ripped it off unless Eldest contains him finding a ring and he has to drop it in some volcano (I haven't read Eldest).

I can't wait to see the movie, but I know it will fail in comparison to the book.
Tommy

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:31 pm

I was hoping they'd improve on the story, but man they left a lot of stuff out.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:10 pm

I thought it was very well done for the amount of time that it was.. I would have loved to have not seen the uncle die, but what can ya do? I would have loved to have seen more of baby Saphira but again it wasn't a long movie...and anything else added would probably have cost more and then our movie really would have stunk.

Overal I give it a mid B It wasn't as good as some I have seen but from all the reviews I was afraid it would be terrible.. IT WASN'T It was ttotally worth 7 bucks!

So yeah.. I will probably buy this on DVD. :D!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:17 pm

i saw the first like 25 minutes of the movie while i was waiting for pursuit of happyness to start. it didn't look all that promising.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Phantasmagloria » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:48 pm

i've read the book, though i liked it, i found lots of plagiarism in it from the hobbit and LOTR.
i don't want to go seee the movie. In my opinion there are better things to see than that.
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Four words to[color="Red"][font="Impact"] choke[/font][/color] on[/SIZE][/font][SIZE="5"] [color="SlateGray"]Look at me now[/color][/SIZE].
mathgrant wrote:auspines is banned because he can't spell Fatnasmalgiora's name correctly.

[color="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"]Dont let the skirt fool you
[color="SeaGreen"]fIeLd HoCkEy[/color][/SIZE][/color]
[SIZE="4"][color="MediumTurquoise"]We bust ours...so we can kick yours. BRING IT ON!:mutter:[/color][/SIZE]
[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*[/color]

[SIZE="5"][font="Century Gothic"]Just because it's not alive doesn't mean it's [color="Red"]DeAd[/color].[/font] [/SIZE]

[color="Red"]Im riding on the...[/color]
|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
|__M[color="red"]C[/color]R [color="red"]F[/color]A[color="red"]N[/color] B[color="red"]U[/color]S_|_| __\
|_________________ |_| ____|
|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)__l
:dizzy:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Phantasmagloria

Postby Needle Noggin » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:56 pm

Here is my summary (*Spoilers*):

Long ago Dragonriders (Jedi) who use magic (the Force), maintained peace in the land. But then one rider turned evil (Darkside) and betrayed the Dragonriders (Jedi). He gets another rider to join him (Darth Vader) who has strong magic (the Force). The first one becomes the Emperor (The Emperor) who hunts down and kills all the Dragonriders (Jedi) and enslaves the land.

Eragon (Luke) lives on a farm with his uncle (Luke's uncle) on the outskirts of the empire (Tatooine). Meanwhile, a dragon egg (the Death Star plans) are captured by a princess (Leia). She tries to deliver it to an old dragon rider who lost his dragon (Obi Wan). She is captured by the emperor's right handman(Vader), but not before she teleports the egg (Death Star plans) away (sending R2 to Tatooine). Eragon finds the egg (Death Star plans) in the woods by chance (Luke buys the droids). Eragon (Luke) then finds that the egg has a dragon in it and looks for the old Dragonrider (Obi Wan). While talking to the rider (Obi Wan) bug faced Nazgul ripoffs (Stormtrooper/Nazgul) kill Eragon's (Luke's) uncle and destroy his farm. The rider (Obi Wan) informs Eragon (Luke) that he is the last Dragonrider (last Jedi) and that only he can save the Vandar (Rebels) He then sets off on a quest with the rider (Obi Wan) to seek out the Vandar (The Rebels)...

On route to the Vandar (Rebels) Eragon (Luke) and the rider (Obi Wan) take a detour to rescue the princess (Leia). The rider (Obi Wan) teaches Eragon (Luke) how to ride his dragon (use the Force). While Eragon (Luke) is rescuing the princess (Leia) the Emperor's right hand man (Vader) attacks. The rider (Obi Wan) appears and sacrifices himself to save Eragon (Luke). Eragon (Luke) goes back on his way to the Vandar (Rebels). Upon reaching the Vandar (Rebels) the Urgals (Stormtroopers/Orcs, who have been attacking Eragon(Luke) since the begining) begin to attack. The emperors right hand man (Vader) prevents Eragon (Luke) using his dragon to beat the army. Eragon ultimately deafeats (Vader) and his magic dragon (Death Star) by using his dragon(the Force). Eragon (Luke) is lauded for his acomplishments (End of Star Wars).
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:59 pm

Needle Noggin wrote:Here is my summary (*Spoilers*):

Long ago Dragonriders (Jedi) who use magic (the Force), maintained peace in the land. But then one rider turned evil (Darkside) and betrayed the Dragonriders (Jedi). He gets another rider to join him (Darth Vader) who has strong magic (the Force). The first one becomes the Emperor (The Emperor) who hunts down and kills all the Dragonriders (Jedi) and enslaves the land.

Eragon (Luke) lives on a farm with his uncle (Luke's uncle) on the outskirts of the empire (Tatooine). Meanwhile, a dragon egg (the Death Star plans) are captured by a princess (Leia). She tries to deliver it to an old dragon rider who lost his dragon (Obi Wan). She is captured by the emperor's right handman(Vader), but not before she teleports the egg (Death Star plans) away (sending R2 to Tatooine). Eragon finds the egg (Death Star plans) in the woods by chance (Luke buys the droids). Eragon (Luke) then finds that the egg has a dragon in it and looks for the old Dragonrider (Obi Wan). While talking to the rider (Obi Wan) bug faced Nazgul ripoffs (Stormtrooper/Nazgul) kill Eragon's (Luke's) uncle and destroy his farm. The rider (Obi Wan) informs Eragon (Luke) that he is the last Dragonrider (last Jedi) and that only he can save the Vandar (Rebels) He then sets off on a quest with the rider (Obi Wan) to seek out the Vandar (The Rebels)...

On route to the Vandar (Rebels) Eragon (Luke) and the rider (Obi Wan) take a detour to rescue the princess (Leia). The rider (Obi Wan) teaches Eragon (Luke) how to ride his dragon (use the Force). While Eragon (Luke) is rescuing the princess (Leia) the Emperor's right hand man (Vader) attacks. The rider (Obi Wan) appears and sacrifices himself to save Eragon (Luke). Eragon (Luke) goes back on his way to the Vandar (Rebels). Upon reaching the Vandar (Rebels) the Urgals (Stormtroopers/Orcs, who have been attacking Eragon(Luke) since the begining) begin to attack. The emperors right hand man (Vader) prevents Eragon (Luke) using his dragon to beat the army. Eragon ultimately deafeats (Vader) and his magic dragon (Death Star) by using his dragon(the Force). Eragon (Luke) is lauded for his acomplishments (End of Star Wars).

wow. that's a lot like star wars (obviously)...nice summary by.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:24 pm

Well thats painfully similar.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:30 pm

althought not exaclty accurate...you fail to remember that Eragond didn't really find out about Brom for a long time...So he really didn't go in search of him.

Also, the Princess didn't want to send the Egg to another dragon Rider she just teleported it to keep it away from the badguys..^^;

I noticed that the Uncle died in the movie, (which was actually inaccurate according to my memory of the book)

I think this movie was inspired by a lot of things...but so are a lot of things. Nothing is new under the sun, I don't see why everyone is dogging this movie..it was a decent fantasy film! I nearly cried!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Next

Return to General Entertainment