Taegukgi

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Taegukgi

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:50 pm

Who has seen this amazing war film? I know steeltemplar and animeheretic have. Anyone else?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0386064/
Info on the movie.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby oro! » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:53 pm

I saw the movie, and thought it was really good. All war movies seem to be sad, though, and this one is included.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Puguni » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:56 pm

Um, I think my parents saw it. XD I remember because they usually watch Korean history dramas, or B grade romance ones.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Puguni wrote:Um, I think my parents saw it. XD I remember because they usually watch Korean history dramas, or B grade romance ones.

XD It's definately not a B-grade movie. It was the second highest grossing film in korea.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:24 pm

Taegukgi is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has incredible cinematography, a deeply moving story, and some of the most visceral war scenes that I have ever witnessed on film. Definitely a movie I would recommend without reservation to anyone who is old enough to see it and can stomach the bloodshed. The pathos and drama are intense.

It also features my favorite Korean actor - Jang Dong-gun. His performance here was spectacular. If you like his acting, also try Nowhere to Hide and Friend.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Puguni » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:17 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:XD It's definately not a B-grade movie. It was the second highest grossing film in korea.

No no, I meant they usually watch B-grade dramas, not that Taeguki was. They usually don't watch war movies.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Puguni wrote:No no, I meant they usually watch B-grade dramas, not that Taeguki was. They usually don't watch war movies.

OOOO Yeah. Those b-grade dramas XD I know what you talk about
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to General Entertainment