Miami Vice (Movie)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Miami Vice (Movie)

Postby bbboy21 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:42 pm

...apperently no body has even made a thread about it...and I'm probably the only person here who is so stoched on seeing it. =/
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:44 pm

The original sucked, the "urbanized" version is going to suck. A mathematically proven fact. E=MC² = Evilness = tiMe passed * square of Original suCkiness plus 100. Cubed if said remake is urbanized and slicked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:18 pm

I might end up seeing this but it just kinda looked like Bad Boys but with two different cops. Not to mention Collin Farral and Jamie fox in the same movie...let the swears abound.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:51 am

I'm planning on seeing it opening day with my brothers. I think it looks great! And plus it's being done by Michael Mann, so I'm 98% sure it will be good. ;)
The Last Bard

Postby bbboy21 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:45 pm

[quote="The Last Bard"]I'm planning on seeing it opening day with my brothers. I think it looks great! And plus it's being done by Michael Mann, so I'm 98% sure it will be good. ]...Domino! =D XP

Dude, I am so syked tommorow, been waiting all July for this day. Also bought Collateral today (And Domino, since I rented it, I thought it was pure pwnage, though has nothing to do with this thread) so I can try to get back that view point Mann had with that film as I'm sure it will be shown in that way tommorow.
bbboy21

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:18 pm

I'm wondering how it can even work now since the original Miami Vice was pure 80's and now it's some 20 years later. It won't work as an '00s remake and they'd have to work hard to remake the 80's.

I'm expecting a "Dukes of Hazzard" style disgrace of the original.
Arnobius

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:50 pm

I really doubt anything could match the sheer-awesome of the original show. And no Don Johnson = fail.
Joshua Christopher

Postby bbboy21 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:40 am

I don't consider a remake but a rebirth, more as of what Miami Vice should of been (And was what it was intended to be in a first place, a feature film). But since it was TV, it would then had to be toned down.

And don't you guys realize this is the same person who helped create teh show as it is? He's also the Mann who has made some of the best movies of our times (The Last of the Mohicans, Heat, The Insider). Seriously, if your into or have seen plenty of Mann's films, you know as well as I do this is pretty much going to be a new and refreshing ride. Seriously, forget what Miami Vice was and consider this is what the show was meant to be....a gritty yet intelligent cop drama and the fact that this is the closest thing we will ever get to see what life is really like going REALLY deep in undercover.
bbboy21

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:46 am

bbboy21 wrote:And was what it was intended to be in a first place, a feature film

Er, actually, no, it was always intended to be a TV show.

According to legend, the head of NBC's Entertainment Division, Brandon Tartikoff, wrote a brainstorming memo that simply read "MTV cops". The result was Michael Mann's production of Miami Vice. However, according to series creator Anthony Yerkovitch it was a Time Magazine article on a then-recently enacted law that allows law enforcement agencies (the DEA, FBI, etc.) to use items recovered in the commission of a crime to further other unrelated investigations. This allowed a confiscated Ferrari to be used to enhance an undercover officer's cover as a high-profile drug dealer, which is exactly what happened on Miami Vice.

forget what Miami Vice was

Forget that it was awesome? Yeah, you're probably right. If we forget that, perhaps this uninspired remake won't seem so bad.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby bbboy21 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:59 am

I read that actually. ...I think my memory must be a bit woozy right now...for some reason I get what Wiki said and the NBC special mixed up...I must of mixed up of that Mann wanted it or thought it was going to be a movie.

I didn't say the show wasn't awesome (I've watched the pilot eppi and I did think it was quite entertaining), I was more counter-pointing from the attitudes of the other two posts that they just view it as just another TV show turned movie.
As for the unispiring, Have you seen the restricted site?
bbboy21

Postby The Last Bard » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:50 pm

I watched it on the 28th.

I thought it was a good movie! Of course, you really shouldn't go into it expecting an action/adventure. It's more of a police drama.
I myself, didn't like it as much as Collateral though.

It's basically a movie that tells it like it is (Or how Mann sees it). So yes, a lot of people will probably find it too slow for their tastes. That's because you can't throw a lot of pointless action into a realistic movie.

All in all, I'd give it a B+.
The Last Bard

Postby bbboy21 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:10 pm

I would agree on that. I didn't expect much of anything over the top since it is based on reality.
bbboy21

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:04 am

I plan on seeing it at some point. It did look ok.
Stephen

Postby bbboy21 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:12 am

Just don't expect it to be some summer thrill ride.
bbboy21

Postby Bunny » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:48 am

I watched it last Friday and I thought it was pretty good.

I didn't always follow the lingo but the great thing about it is you don't really have to. It's easy to figure out what they're planning as the plot rolls along.

The only thing that I didn't like was all the sexual content. I mean, it was nothing just outrageous but it was a bit unnecessary. In that respect, I was feeling a little awkward.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Agent Anderson » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:00 am

I HATED HATED HATED THIS MOVIE!
I was counting ceiling tiles in the theater, it was so boring.
It felt like a starved rat was gnawing at my soul.
As I left the theater, I needed a hug from my friend Steve.
There were about 3 sex scenes and 2 action scenes.
I registered an IMDB account to try and warn people.
It's not even fun to watch for mocking (a la MST3K)

See "Pirates II" a 5th time, read the Bible, watch TV, browse forums, watch paint dry, DO ALMOST ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES SEEING MIAMI VICE

I wish I had the technology to print "DON'T SEE THE MIAMI VICE MOVIE" on the moon with a laser.
Agent Anderson

Return to General Entertainment