favorite marvel comic?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

favorite marvel comic?

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:31 pm

what's your favorite marvel comic? mine would probably have to be X-men. i think the characters from X-men have the most interesting background and the enemies are a lot cooler. APOCALYPSE.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Kkun » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Tie between Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon and Ultimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis, but Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. by Warren Ellis is closing in from a writing standpoint because it's just so darn good and funny.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby everdred12a » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:48 pm

I like Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spier-man xD

everdred12a

Postby battletech » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:53 pm

The Invincible Iron Man.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Icarus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:53 pm

Amazing /Spectacular Spider-Man I like his one-liners, and the fact that there isn't ten different comics about him (quick, name all the comics dealing primarily with mutants!)

Yeah, it's easier to follow all of Spidey's than the X-men.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Animus Seed » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:05 pm

Astonishing X-Men is my favorite out of the X-titles. Sensational Spider Man seems to be the one that impresses me consistently, as the other Spider-titles seem to go up and down. Spider-Man: The Other impressed me considerably, and that was in all the Spider-books.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Kkun » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:35 pm

Animus Seed wrote:Astonishing X-Men is my favorite out of the X-titles. Sensational Spider Man seems to be the one that impresses me consistently, as the other Spider-titles seem to go up and down. Spider-Man: The Other impressed me considerably, and that was in all the Spider-books.

I need to pick up that pretty little hardcover version of Spider-Man: The Other sometime so I can see how all this new suit business came about.

And Animus, you rock, because Astonishing is a really great book. Joss Whedon is an excellent writer....even if I loathe Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.
Kkun

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 pm

I loved The Untold Tales of Spider-man as they really helped to flesh out the missing years of Peter Parker.Favorite story was the one told from Mary Jane's
perspective and in which we find out she knew he was Spidey years before they started going out and he revealed it to her officially.
MJ's smarter than Lois Lane in that regard,it took Lois HOW many years to figure out Clark and Supes were the same?
mitsuki lover

Postby Animus Seed » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:20 am

Did anyone ever read Marvel's Christian book, Illuminator? It didn't suck.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:00 pm

X-men by a long shot.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:36 pm

yeah. The Amazing Spider-man's pretty good as well but IMO, X-men's better. i never really read Batman or Superman or any of the other comics.
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:49 pm

The thing about Spidey is he's just a normal guy,he's not a multi-billionaire and
he wasn't born a billion light years away on a sophisitcated planet that imploded
on itself.He can't turn into a superhero by saying a magic spell word.He's just a normal guy who happened to be bitten by a radioactive spider.
mitsuki lover

Postby Icarus » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:43 pm

That last sentence is great, ML.

I need to start getting Civil War, as I'm loving the Amazing Spider-man tie-ins.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:37 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The thing about Spidey is he's just a normal guy,he's not a multi-billionaire and
he wasn't born a billion light years away on a sophisitcated planet that imploded
on itself.He can't turn into a superhero by saying a magic spell word.He's just a normal guy who happened to be bitten by a radioactive spider.

that's something i cannot disagree with mitsuki lover.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:11 pm

The Crow. Haha I pwn you all.

...wait.

Spiderman (Amazing and Ultimate)

EDIT: I feel so stupid -_-;;;;; I only read "comic" haha.

so, erm. Just spiderman. And xmen.
Maledicte

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Oh,off topic:Stan Lee,the man who gave us Spidey and The Fantastic Four,etc. has a new reality series debuting tonight on Sci Fi at 9 E/P on Sci Fi called Who Wants To Be A Superhero? should be a hoot to watch.
mitsuki lover

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:24 pm

Guys you can't compare Batman, Superman, Nightwing in this thread when they're part of the DC Universe.:P Besides it wouldn't be fair to the Marvel guys when Batman alone would utterly destroy them all.;) Before anyone responds I feel inclined to make a DC/Marvel thread so hold that thought.

Ok anyway favorite Marvel would have to be Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, and Amazing Spiderman.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:53 pm

Pfft, dorks, I guess all of you are stuck being true believers and have not yet realized that Vertigo owns all.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Kkun » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:29 am

Joshua Christopher wrote:Pfft, dorks, I guess all of you are stuck being true believers and have not yet realized that Vertigo owns all.

I ain't about to say that Vertigo owns the main Marvel line, but it's better than Marvel MAX and Garth Ennis and all that. I'd take 100 Bullets over Garth Ennis' Punisher any day.
Kkun

Return to General Entertainment