Did you ever create your own superhero?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Did you ever create your own superhero?

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:58 am

There was a time when I actually thought I could become a comic book artist and I even created my own superhero. With Superman Returns in the theater, I decided to take a walk down memory lane and share him with you.
His name was Phaeton. His alter ego was Garret Rolas (yep, a clever anagram for the word "solar) and he is the son of the Greek god Apollo. His costume was like a Trojan warrior. His powers were flight, superhuman endurance, and super-strength. He also had a sword called the Solar-Sword, which was "forged in the flames of the sun" and could create heat-generated energy blasts, and a Solar-Shield, which could create force fields around himself and others (kinda like Invisible Woman in Fantastic Four or Violet of the Incredibles). He was only a "demi-god", (that's what you called those people who were the offspring of gods but weren't immortal) after all.
So, did any of you ever create a superhero? If so, what kind of powers did he or she have?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Rogie » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:25 am

Heh. When I was a kid, that's all I did when I wasn't reading comic books. I made up teams, a whole universe of heroes and villains. I think it was "Star Comics" or something like that. I'd almost forgotten about this until you brought this up.

I guess some of my favorites were my very own X-Men ripoffs. I can't remember a name for the team, but there was one who could jump and fly, one who could move stuff with his mind (because I loved Jean Grey, still do), one heroine who could use the earth (i.e., ground) and make stuff out of it, like fists, and platforms, one could shoot beams out of his hands, one could just let loose on rare occasions and blow everything up (my tragic hero, heh)... There were more, I know, but that's what I remember.

Come to think of it, I made up my own X-Men comic once. Junior X-men. Sort of a "What If" thing where the X-Men are like 9 or 10 and become X-Men. Li'l Wolvie, Li'l Cyke, Li'l Jeannie Grey. Yes, I was a total dork. :sweat:

I made up Mega Man robots all the time, too. And all kinds of video games. Including Mario games.... Ah, memories. You've got me started and I can't stop. :grin:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:42 am

I created the most awesome superhero of all: Sony Man. He dresses in a suit and tie and his superpower is the ability to pull electronics out of nowhere.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Myoti » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:10 pm

I have an entire epic about "villains" who battle other villains and heroes, so yeah, like, there's about a hundred or so I've made. >_>

I created the most awesome superhero of all: Sony Man. He dresses in a suit and tie and his superpower is the ability to pull electronics out of nowhere.

His catchphrase: "It's RIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!"
Myoti

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:53 pm

Of course, Sony Man faces the epic villain, the Human Toaster! (Special power: can toast bread with his mind.)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Wind » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:35 am

I made my superhero She was called the spider and she was like spiderman except she was really smart scientist, secret agent and warrior she used her powers to fight a government conspiracy on her homeworld of Drath.... She can throw webs but like superman she has superhuman strength and can run really fast

Also I used to want to be a superhero like zorro and I made up a swordfighting chick her alter ego Was Marika Rose Lopez and her superhero name was the Nighthawk and she had a horse named Darkmoon
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:39 am

Musica.

She was a college student who fought difficult foes using music as her weapon of choice. She'd destroy an enemy with anything, from William Shatner to Southern Pacific.
Sakaki Onsei

Postby suribachi » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:50 am

I never did a super hero but when I was in the seventh grade I did a whole comic series based around a giant dinosaur named Gorky. Destroyed a lot of cities and went through a lot of plots as the military tried to figure out how to destroy him. (They never could -- Gorky ruled!)

Pretty cheesy stuff but I had a lot of fun with it at the time.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
John 14:12
suribachi

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:38 pm

If I did they would be part Ranma,part Inuyasha,part Zorro,part Ami from Sailor Moon,part Supergirl and part Captain Marvel.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:55 pm

How about Captain Calligraphy? His special power is that he can imitate any style of writing.

Or Brother Boeuf, a monk who can talk to cows.

Or Captain Marble, who astounds the world with what he can do with marbles.

Or Lefty, who can fly - or at least, the left side of his body can.
Kaligraphic

Postby Rogie » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:44 pm

I personally have been dubbed "Font Man" at work. I've been told I can bold and italicize in a single bound. They tell me that I have a giant "F" on my chest that changes fonts to reflect my mood (think Bantaro). And I have the uncanny ability to recognize fonts on the fly (I disturbed my boss and co-workers at lunch one day by ID'ing the fonts on the dessert cards on the table).

Yes, my boss and co-workers always know that Font Man can save the day. :sweat:

Sorry, I just took this thread WAY off-course.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:57 pm

Lion Man... I actually had a comic book made up for him, but I forgot what all was in it... I just remember it was a dream at the end... And I'm pretty sure I drew it all on lined paper... It involved the crash dummies somehow (his body flew apart at the end of it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:28 pm

'The Cheetah' Take a wild guess as to what her power is.

She runs really fast *le gasp!* Yeah, I was 11 when I came up with her ^^; And then I made up some weird team of were-animals that were based off of my cousins O_o

Nowadays I stick to X-Men fancharacters, my longest running being an irritable freaky looking shapeshifter that can turn into a one-ton dragon/bear/goat thing. She's so fun to draw ^.^

I also get a kick out of creating characters with useless powers, now *that's* fun.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:38 pm

Hooray for useless powers!
Kaligraphic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:43 am

YUS!!

When I was in the 8th grade I created a comic book called "The Adventures of Mighty Lamb and Super Dove" I even sent it off to Focus on the family for their Clubhouse magi....they didn't seem interested..

SO I made the first volume for the kids at church.

Looking back it's really horrible artwork but the story is kinda cute.

It follows the adventures of Mark the Lamb and Peace the dove and their billy goat friend who is like their gadget keeper.

they fought an evil reptillian organization called S.I.N. ( I can't remember what it stood for...)

Wow I want to redraw them now..XD *goes to sketch*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:40 am

I will bring my characters to life in a web comic some day.... :)

Here are some ideas I've had for a few years now:
http://wokjai.mybesthost.com/art_comics_freedom_union/art_comics_freedom_union.html
Sammy Boy

Postby creed4 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:33 am

Mine would be the Protector, sort of modeled after an old testement Judge, Though when he dwon Pobotic armor he is called The Sparrowing. When not in the armor he's a brilant scientist and comander. Most most important is his Faith in God.
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby TallasLint » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:15 pm

In ninth grade for halloween I dressed up as "Bubble Wrap Girl", my dysfunctional superhero. I wore all black and then took a big roll of bubble wrap and wrapped it around me like a dress/super suit, complete with cape and mask. Bubble Wrap Girl's power was to protect things from breaking. And to not get hurt when she fell (which I do often...). I never actually made stories about Bubble Wrap Girl though. I should have.
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby Reba » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 am

*Read all the post and just about fell off her chair laughfin XD*

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby Myoti » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:32 am

Heh, "useless powers." Especially fun when you realize some of them might not be as "useless" as you think.

Who would have thought the abiltiy to create doors in anything could be so darn cool? ;D
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:57 am

When I was little I drew a super hero with a red suit that had amazing strength and could fly.

I named him Turbo-Man.

Then I saw the movie "Jingle All the Way" and cried myself to sleep.

I thought Arnold was cool until then also.
Tommy

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:17 am

Tom Dincht wrote:When I was little I drew a super hero with a red suit that had amazing strength and could fly.

I named him Turbo-Man.

Then I saw the movie "Jingle All the Way" and cried myself to sleep.

I thought Arnold was cool until then also.

That's ok, Tom... I've had a lot of my ideas show up in something soon after I thought them up... I'm gonna guess... Time Traveling Bandits... At least they help us think of even BETTER ideas... Right? Right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Of course I created my own superheroes. I used to play City of Heroes, you know.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mega.EXE » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm

<.< >.> I am a super hero....... *runs away*
Mega.EXE

Postby Agent Anderson » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:38 am

I came up with this alter-ego at the request of some of my Christian college buddies who had already thought up superhero names for themselves.
Then, my little brother sketched the character, which I digitally added details to.
MATH IS POWER
Agent Anderson

Postby Warrior4Christ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:24 am

Agent Anderson wrote:I came up with this alter-ego at the request of some of my Christian college buddies who had already thought up superhero names for themselves.
Then, my little brother sketched the character, which I digitally added details to.
MATH IS POWER

:lol: :lol: That's hilarious!!
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby termyt » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:01 am

I still play City of Heroes, so, yeah.

My brother and I bandied about with a comic book idea. I'm not a good enough artist, though. We called it Angel Corps. We didn't get much farther than designing a few characters and some setting.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:19 am

I have a few superheroes running around in my head, though I'll most likely put them in a prose-style book as opposed to a comic. However, despite the fact that there are action in it, I'd like the feel to be more psychological than action based; that is, it should be "cut rate Dostoevsky", not Stan Lee.
bigsleepj

Postby battletech » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:08 am

I never thought of a new superhero. I did think of a new Iron Man suit.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Animus Seed » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:03 pm

In Animus' youth, he drew two comics: one starring the cyborg Orkin-Man from the 90s exterminator commercials (ORKIN-MAN VS. THE GIANT ANT HORDE!!!) and a AU Spider-man cyber-punk thing back when I was too young to even know what AU or cyber-punk were.

...you know, it might be time to actually revisit that old Spider-man story...
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Return to General Entertainment