The Last Unicorn!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Last Unicorn!!

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:02 am

does anyone remember this movie???

i was OBESSED with it when i was little. i completely forgot about it, until my boyfriend sent me 'fake wings', the theme song for Subaru from .Hack//Sign. For some reason that song just sent me back to the Last unicorn for some WIERD reason. cause... my brain is wierd. XD

and now i have the biggest urge to watch taht movie. ;-;

anyone remember that movie???

((i was gunna put this in the anime section...but then i dont remember if it was really concidered 'anime'...))
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Erik the Awful » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:25 am

Ooh! I love that movie! I bought it recently during spring break, I think, but I'm not sure where it is. Now I need to watch it again. O.o
Better Off Dead is my Napoleon Dynamite.

----

Erik the Awful, the Brutal and Tenacious
Erik the Awful, the Ruthless and Courageous
Subtle as a chainsaw, lacking all the Social Graces
You can run, but you cannot hide!
Erik the Awful

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:41 am

merr im trying to find it everywhere. and blockbuster has it on DVD!!! YAY.

*goes to rent it*
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Tarnish » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:46 am

I REMEMBER THIS!!! :O
I loved it so much, but I haven't seen it in....forever...o__o I'm pretty sure it was an anime, but I don't really remember...
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Puritan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:55 am

It wasn't an anime, it was an American animated film with some big-name voice actors. I saw it again a couple of years ago on a trip to Florida with a campus Christian group, one of the girls in another group (we were sharing the bus) was obsessed over the film, and after the first viewing we banned her from having us watch it again. Not that it's terribly bad, mind you, but parts of it are a bit campy when viewed now. It was interesting and had a pretty complex story for an American animated film, but not something I would really want to watch often (although I would consent to another viewing if someone REALLY wanted to see it again).
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:01 pm

i havent seen it since i was 9. ;-;
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby soul alive » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:16 pm

I remember this movie, I had a friend in 3rd grade who was obsessed with fairies and unicorns and the like, and we rented the movie. But for some reason, we never got to the end of it, and I haven't seen it since. Target has it on DVD and I came close to buying it, but decided to rent it first; watch out Hastings.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:30 pm

XD

i invited my friend over to watch it with me, cause she hasnt seen it in forever too. XD im so excited.
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:35 pm

haha! I have this movie somewhere....(YAY GOODWILL)

I forgot how violent this thing was...^^; I still like it.

It's not an anime but it does have quite a few japanese people who helped make it (See credits)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:26 pm

oooooooooooh. lucky cr. ;-;

my friend couldnnt come over. im still trying to get to blockbuster. *emo tear*
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Cuddles da Bear » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:52 pm

I saw this movie a few times, surprisingly the first time I ever saw it was on Lifetime (Television for women) O_O

I loved it to death and I rented it again a few years ago and a friend of mine and I watched it but some of it was cheesy as France. He didn't like it but I still do.
Cuddles da Bear

Postby QtheQreater » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:29 pm

I've got it. My cousin used to make us watch it every time she came over. It follows the book very closely(yes, it was a BOOK first).
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:06 pm

I never saw this movie as a child...I rented it a while back to see what the big fuss was and I was pretty disappointed. I think the rating probably needs to be changed...it's a bit dark and has too many cursewords to be rated G >_>
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:25 pm

I never watched this when I was little, but it came up when my friends and I were discussing movies we watched when we were kids (on a 9 hour bus ride, which is probably why the topic even came up XD;; my friend was singing little mermaid songs). ANYHOW one of the guys said it was one of his favorite movies when he was little but he watched it recently and was ashamed he ever liked it. It was fun to hear him explain the story though.

O.o; Curse words?? That would be why I never saw it then... I was terribly sheltered as a child. Wasn't allowed to see Snow White b/c of the witch (which was okay b/c I would have been scared of her anyways)
Kawaiikneko

Postby Technomancer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:27 pm

it was done by Rankin-Bass, the same people who did 'The Hobbit' from what I recall. Anyways, I definately recommend reading the book by Peter S. Beagle.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Cuddles da Bear » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Curse words?? I don't remember there being any curse words and if there were curse words I wonder why my friend didn't point them out...
Cuddles da Bear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:57 pm

I'm pretty sure there was at least one instance of the d-word.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby yukinon » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:59 pm

There's a BOOK? yay! Of course, I haven't even seen the movie, but for some reason the idea of a book excites me.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby SP1 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:33 pm

Yes, book would be good. Spares you Rankin-Bass' idea of music.
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby White Raven » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:01 pm

Humm I remember seeing this in blockbuster a long time ago.

I didn’t think it looked any good.

Maybe if I see it again I’ll rent it.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:18 pm

I'll throw my lot in with the group of people who like America, though some of the music was difficult to stomach later in life. On the whole, though, I really liked the main theme.
Mithrandir

Postby QtheQreater » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:20 pm

yukinon wrote:There's a BOOK? yay! Of course, I haven't even seen the movie, but for some reason the idea of a book excites me.

The book was good. I liked it. READ THE BOOK!! :sweat:
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:45 am

This is one of my all-time favorite movies!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby EireWolf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Aw... I loved the Last Unicorn. Still do. Yeah, it might be a bit cheesy, but I love it anyway. It's nostalgic for me. :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:21 pm

I think The Last Unicorn scared me as a kid. Oo, it and E.T.

I was such a neurotic child >_<

*probably should give the movie another shot someday, especially now that she's somewhat less easily scared*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:26 pm

man, guess i'm the only one that remembers the otherlast unicorn movie, the one that actually was anime, but alas, such is my lot in life, to remember all sorts of useless trivia, and have no gameshow to win money on
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:27 am

I loved that movie too! I actually saw it in 2003 or so when my friend told me about it. It was pretty sad and serious for a kids' movie. I enjoyed it! :)
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:13 am

Yeah, I know this move is VERY belated, but I was just looking through this thread and I thought it might fit in best here in the "general entertainment" forum.

So, um, continue with your lives, Citizens. XD
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:18 pm

I love this movie!! I first saw it when I was 4 and feel in love with it then. However I was never allowed to watch it after that one time cause my mom didn't think it was "appropriate" for children. There is some swearing, at least two uses of both d--n and hell. The thing my mom really didn't like though was the tree and the harpie.

Anyway, I finally bought it like 3 years ago on DVD and watched it for the first time in like 16 years. For some reason the movie stuck with me all those years and I had practically remembered the whole thing pretty well. For me my love for it is purely nostalgic but I think the movie is still pretty good. It would be awesome if they would ever update it and make a live action movie.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:15 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:I think The Last Unicorn scared me as a kid. Oo, it and E.T.

I was such a neurotic child >_<

*probably should give the movie another shot someday, especially now that she's somewhat less easily scared*

E.T. scared the living daylights out of me when i was a child, and it still does. i dont see how people can think that a wrinkly, disgruntled, long necked, alien thing with long evil fingers is cute. o.o;; he still creeps me out so much. >.o

but oh, America. the songs are so corny and i love them. i have them on my ipod and i sing along. and people look at me wierd. cause im singing about unicorns.

X3
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Next

Return to General Entertainment