Lady in the Water

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Lady in the Water

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:38 am

Lady in the Water looks amazing! I still haven't seen it though. M. Night Shyamalan has come up with some pretty amazing movies. What do you guys think about it?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby blue elf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:56 am

I want to see this too. They had a poster of it up at our local theater when I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2, but I didn't think it was playing yet. I could be wrong though, since I was a bit too obsessed with seeing Captain Jack to pay close attention to much else. lol
blue elf

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:14 am

I hope it will be good! The Village was kinda disappointing for me...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Petite Soeur » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:18 am

I love M. Night Shalayman's works...this should be very entertaining.
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Postby Puguni » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:10 am

GAH! YES! I want to see this. :] It's always refreshing for me to see M. Night movies out of the other generic movies coming out today.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:15 am

i dont understand whats it about... >.>

what i see is.. there is some guy, and he has a pool, and then there is this girl. and she..lives in the water..? and her hair changes color. and um. something is after them. the end. :D
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:35 am

It should be very interesting. I remember watching a trailer for it just recently and I though it was a romantic comedy up until they show the M. NIGHT..... I was like whoa thats awesome. So in short Yes i will be seeing this i own all of his movies except The village ( I was waiting for a price drop and just forgot about it for awhile)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby blue elf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:43 am

chibiphonebooth wrote:i dont understand whats it about... >.>

what i see is.. there is some guy, and he has a pool, and then there is this girl. and she..lives in the water..? and her hair changes color. and um. something is after them. the end. :D

I'm not really sure what it's about either. Of course if I go see it, then I'll get to find out. lol I remember seeing some kinda wolf looking thing on the preview, which was also on the poster. I've liked all of M. Night's other movies though, so whatever the plot may be, I hope it's good.
blue elf

Postby Petite Soeur » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:58 am

blue elf wrote:I'm not really sure what it's about either. Of course if I go see it, then I'll get to find out. lol I remember seeing some kinda wolf looking thing on the preview, which was also on the poster. I've liked all of M. Night's other movies though, so whatever the plot may be, I hope it's good.

It's about a guy who falls in love with a narf named Story (which according to wikipedia is a type of nymph from bedtime stories). The narf is trying to make it back from our world to hers. As time goes on, Cleveland Heep (her love interest) and his friends realize that they're characters in her bedtime story too. The plot was based on a bedtime story M. Night told his kids.
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:19 am

Despite "The Village" being dissapointing for me I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this one. I doubt Mr Shayamalan can have two dissapointing films in a row. :)
bigsleepj

Postby blue elf » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:27 am

Petite Soeur wrote:It's about a guy who falls in love with a narf named Story (which according to wikipedia is a type of nymph from bedtime stories). The narf is trying to make it back from our world to hers. As time goes on, Cleveland Heep (her love interest) and his friends realize that they're characters in her bedtime story too. The plot was based on a bedtime story M. Night told his kids.

I'd of never figured that out from any of the previews I've seen. I thought it might've been about some kind of monster or somehing that lived in this family's back yard. lol Also, and this is very random, but the word narf makes me think of nerf balls. :hits_self
blue elf

Postby Animus Seed » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:32 am

Animus is very excited about this movie, as he's been waiting for a movie of Faerie for a long, long time. And Mr. Shyamalan, no less? I was very pleased with the Village, though I know many who were disappointed. (Everyone I know was expecting a splatter-punk/slasher-flick for some reason. Hello? This was the guy who did Signs!)

Still waiting for the supposed Holly Black movies to come out.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Maledicte » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:38 pm

Whenever I hear "narf" I think "Pinky and the Brain" ;)

That aside, I really do want to see this.
Maledicte

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:14 am

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I doubt if I'll have anybody to go with, though. So I'll probably wait until it comes out on video. I've liked all of Shyamalan's other movies. (Yes, I even liked the Village.)
TrigunX89

Postby AnubisWerewolf » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:05 am

Don't know why everyone hates the Village loved that movie! Anyways I want to see this movie so bad. I even want to see it more than Pirates of the Caribbean 2, if that says anything.
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success." -Moonbay from Zoids Chaotic Century
AnubisWerewolf

Postby Pent » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:06 am

I hope this one is good. I'm gonna see it soon.
Pent

Postby Rei » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:20 am

I loved the Village, I just can't wait for this one^^!
When you search your soul, what do you see?
A broken piece of your heart, or happiness as large as the sea. When you fall to pieces, do you cry, or do you look up to the sky..remembering the promise made, that he will always be there to make darkness fade.

----------------
Dramacon!!!!You have to read this manga!!!
----------------
Alone..Never..Dreamer..Forever..

New layout on my Myspace:
myspace
Rei

Postby Agent Anderson » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:27 pm

It turns out they're on an alien planet as part of an experiment and don't know it.
WHAT A TWIST!

EDIT: I just pulled that ending out of thin air. I have no idea about the movie's actual plot.
Agent Anderson

Postby suribachi » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:58 pm

I thought the Village was really good too-- I loved the plot twist when you discover they're a bunch of escapists--I liked Signs too. I'm looking forward to Lady in the Water.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
John 14:12
suribachi

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:24 pm

I've liked all of his movies, but I think The Village is my favorite so far - it just had so much atmosphere to it, I guess. I'm looking forward to Lady in the Water too.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Chii » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:29 pm

Awwww... I feel negative.
There's nothing I find appealing about this movie, I mean it takes place in some sort of hotel?
Whatever the sentiment, Whatever the expression
The most beautiful thing in the world is love
Chii

Postby Shinja » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 am

i saw it last night at the screening and was severly disapointed, almost as disapointed as when i saw the village. its hard to imagine how a guy who made the sixth sence and especilly unbreakable could produce so much crap. lady in the water's plot line is so unbelieveable that its like he has to force you along through the story. and the worst part is he casts himself as one of the main caracters, quite posibly the most important caracter! it just strikes me as arrogant to cast your self in a movie like that. and its a huge distraction too, your constantly watching the movie thinking "what the heck is doing as a main caracter?", he's allways like a bit caracter much in the style of alfred hitchcock. also be prepared to be amazed at the spinkler system that seems to constantly be comeing on and off with no continuity just so you can hear a sudden sound to shock the audiance. -_-
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm going to watch it with Charlie and David!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby suribachi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:17 pm

I really liked it. I thought it was pretty original. A good message too --actually there were quite a few good ones that came through. I like his movies, in part, because of their originality. With all the garbage and regurgitation and posturing put out by Hollywood I find Shamylan's films refreshingly different.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
suribachi

Postby Kkun » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:39 pm

I enjoyed it. I've enjoyed all of his work, though. They're something kind of different amidst all the movies coming out lately.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:05 am

Meh. It was okay. 50-50. The koreans were stereotyped so badly. The younger one spoke korean like a chinese person... Infact she was chinese

and the mother was japanese...

that just annoys me. If Someone is gonna be korean, don't assume that people won't know. M. Knight really annoys me now... I get the feeling he thought nobody would know the difference. (Or the casting director)

Well sir, I DID! And you, Mister Casting Director, are bad at casting actors. You ought to get fired.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Needle Noggin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:25 am

Even though I thought that "The Village" sucked, I'm pretty excited about this one.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:15 pm

WHen I first saw the preview, I didn't care until it said "M. Night Shyamalan" at that point I was excited and began anticipating its release. I went to see it last night. I thought it was good for th most part, but I was disappointed. There were one or two spots [SPOILER]Primarily when Reggie was revealed as the guardian, and really his character in general[/SPOILER] that I thought took away from the seriousness I thought the movie should have had at that time. Again, it was good, but M. Night could have done much better, and I was also surprised he gave himself such a big role in the movie.

I don't see how people didn't like the Village. I thought it was great. Quite original with an unexpected ending you'd think you should expect form the creator of The Sixth Sense. That's what I really think was missing from this movie. Sixth Sense and Village both had that nice twist thrown in near the end. I don't recall if SIgns had anything of the sort of not, but I still thought it was good, but it was the first movie by M. NIght that I ever saw. And I've yet to watch Unbreakable, so I don't know how he did on that one.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby suribachi » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:56 am

SnoringFrog wrote:
I don't see how people didn't like the Village. I thought it was great. Quite original with an unexpected ending you'd think you should expect form the creator of The Sixth Sense.

I really thought the message behind the Village was great and I really liked it too. I guess people were disappointed because they really wanted there to be a race of monsters surrounding the town and controlling the woods. It did make for a grim sounding situation but I thought the plot twist in the Village was great.
suribachi

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:45 am

Shyamalan is my hero! I loved this movie just as much as all his other movies! it was great! I demand you all go and see it LOL
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Next

Return to General Entertainment