X3 (X-Men 3)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:10 am

I don't know, Tom. Maybe they thought it wouldn't affect her or something.

As for the comment about writing out Nightcrawler, I WAS VERY ANGRY ABOUT THAT!!!
*resumes calmness* I wish they put him back in or something. Not even a lil' Hello? T_T
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:43 am

I assumed that she would destroy the cure if anyone attempted to use it on her (and probably the person as well). That's also why I think they took out Nightcrawler, because anyone can come up with this basic plan:
1) Get cure.
2) Teleport next to Jean Gray.
3) Stab (ideally simultaneously with #2).
uc pseudonym

Postby AnubisWerewolf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:52 pm

No offense to anyone liking this movie but I thought it was utter crap. This and X-men 2 in my mind don't even exist. I loved the first one saw it like 13 something times in the movie theater. I wish they would of done something better like Apocalpyse, OnSlaught, or heck even the sentinels. Just something better than these plots. Oh well enough with my rant. *apologizes*

AND WHAT DID THEY DO TO ROGUE!!!!! AHHHHH ......ok i'm done....honest
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success." -Moonbay from Zoids Chaotic Century
AnubisWerewolf

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:01 am

I liked the anime, but I do not like the movie....Too much making out and adult themes >.> ((Plus, Kitty Pryde doesn't deserve the name ShadowCat >.>, it SO better fits mah original character))
ShadowCat

Postby Icarus » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:38 pm

The novlization was better, and it was an okay read. Probably the only good things about this movie that I can name off-hand are the action sequences, and that isn't enough to justify paying to see it again.

[spoiler]I actually have a question for the guys that followed the comic books. Was the Phoenix always just another personality of Jean? I watched the show, and was left with the impression that the Phoenix was an entirely separate entity and not just a product of a fractured mind.[/spoiler]
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:04 pm

I am not a comics expert, but I believe I can answer that question.
[spoiler]No, the Phoenix was originally more of a cosmic destructive force. It had separate intelligence (I'm not sure if it should properly be called an alien life form or not, and this depends partially on the form of X-Men you are reading/watching) and was definitely not derivative from Jean. I guess they changed this because they felt aliens weren't interesting enough.[/spoiler]
uc pseudonym

Postby Rogie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:33 pm

UC is absolutely correct about that. And I actually like the omission of aliens in the movie myself.

... That "aliens" reference shouldn't require a spoiler tag, right? ;)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:32 pm

I thought the movie was pretty good, but could have been better.

[SPOILER]I was quite shocked when they killed Scott, especially so early on[/SPOILER]

I'm wondering if they'll make a 4th one or not.

[SPOILER]They brought Phoenix back in one of the comics recently. It went and found Jean Grey's dead body and brought her back to life or something like that. No one ever stays dead in comics.[/SPOILER]

Not sure if that really needed spoilers or not, but meh.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby bbboy21 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:44 pm

[quote="Rogie"]UC is absolutely correct about that. And I actually like the omission of aliens in the movie myself.

... That "aliens" reference shouldn't require a spoiler tag, right? ]That more irked me then anything...and it's more...diety from another demension.
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Previous

Return to General Entertainment